DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Verlander's Fastball Flakes hit grocery stores

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Verlander's Fastball Flakes hit grocery stores Empty
PostSubject: Verlander's Fastball Flakes hit grocery stores   Verlander's Fastball Flakes hit grocery stores Icon_minipostedWed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Verlander's Fastball Flakes hit grocery stores 6922053485_a40536ff8f
By Jason Beck / MLB.com | 02/22/12 6:10 PM EST

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Justin Verlander's face popped up on Conan and hit the cover of a video this offseason. The next logical step was a cereal box.

Thus, it was fitting that as Spring Training opened, Justin Verlander's Fastball Flakes hit grocery store shelves in Michigan.

The frosted corn flake cereal, a fat-free food, is packaged in a limited edition collector's box, with a photo of Verlander pitching on the front. It's available at Meijer stores in the Detroit, Lansing, Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids areas, or online at plbsports.com .

Verlander will donate his proceeds from the sales to the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center in Detroit and the VA Healthcare System in Ann Arbor. The two facilities are part of his Verlander's Victory for Veterans program, which honors veterans wounded serving in Iraq and Afghanistan by allowing them to watch a game he pitches from his suite at Comerica Park.

Verlander was already preparing to hear the ribbing from teammates.

"That was all pre-MVP/Cy Young, though," he said Monday. "That was done in the middle of last season, early on, that photo shoot. That wasn't like, 'Look at me, I'm MVP, I'm going to put my face on a cereal box.'"

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. Read Beck's Blog and follow him on Twitter @beckjason. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: