DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Empty
PostSubject: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 12:49 am

(title was long)
Topps Baseball Cards- The Complete Picture Collection 1951-1985

One day I came across this rather interesting, very large book. It was just out at my Grandma's house. I looked at it, but it covered many years of baseball with numerous amounts of baseball player cards, managers, and team photos. I decided to put it away, just left it were I found it. I couldn't find a picture of Norm Cash, that was my goal and didn't succeed.

Today, I saw it again. This time I looked at it, I mean really looked at it. The first thing I noticed was those who graced the cover of the book, and the one person that stood out the most was none other than Al Kaline himself. Of course there were others, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and many more players. (I don't have the book with me)

I decided to right down a some people that I saw from certain years.

Al Kaline
Jim Bunning
Virgil Trucks (Kansas City A's)

Mayo Smith (manager card)

This was enjoyable-

The 1968 World Series Champions- Detroit Tigers

Denny McLain- Pitcher
Jim Northrup- Outfield
Don Wert- 3rd Base
Mike Marshall- Pitcher
Al Kaline- Outfield
Norm Cash <3- 1st Base
Dick McAuliffe- 2nd Base
Willie Horton- Outfield
Bill Freehan- Catcher (more than one card)
Ray Oyler- Shortstop
Mickey Lolich- Pitcher Smile
Gates Brown- Outfield

Mayo Smith- Manager

ROOKIE STARS card
Tom Matchik- Shortstop
Daryl Patterson- Pitcher

Something else I wrote down

The 1984 World Series Champions- Detroit Tigers

Kirk Gibson- Outfield
John Martin- Pitcher
Aurelio Lopez- Pitcher
Johnny Wockenfuss- Catcher, 1st Base, Outfield
Dan Petry- Pitcher
Jack Morris- Pitcher
Larry Herndon- Outfield (Left field)
Dave Gumpert- Pitcher
Lou Whitaker- 2nd Base
Rick Leach- 1st Base
Alan Trammell- Shortstop
Doug Blair- Pitcher
Glenn Wilson- Outfield *my aunt went to and graduated from high school with him*
Milt Wilcox- Pitcher (darn you Jerry Hairston!)
Chet Lemon- Outfield (centerfield)
Lance Parrish- Catcher

Batting and Pitching Leaders
T Lou Whitaker Jack Morris
I .320 3.34 ERA
G
E
R
S

Sparky Anderson (manager card)

Andy Van Slyke- Outfield (Phillies)

It doesn't give justice to the real cards, but it still is neat to look to look at.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 1:48 am

Very cool book. I have many of those ACTUAL cards!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 2:09 am

Lucky you. Maybe, I should start collecting them.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 am

Cards are cool to collect. My collection is moslty Lions at the moment (lucky me lol!) but I'm working on baseball ones slowly.

When I finally get my career underway I plan on improving my three main things I collect with some fancy items (those 3 items are of course sports cards, video games, and coins...mostly silver).

I collect other stuff, too but those things aren't that important and don't really require me to make any big purchases (i.e. losing lotto tickets).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 2:25 am

They seem cool. I should really check it out.

Listen to this, today during the Lions game I was like "Hey, I am the biggest Lions fan ever, their quarterbacks name is....um man what was it? Nick, what's his name? Jon Kitna....oh yeah that's it. Then a little while later, I was like Jason Hanson, he is my favorite! Don't you like him?

That sounds like a good plan.

I love the fact that you collect lotto tickets, maybe I can just get someone to buy one here and I'll send it to you in the mail.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 2:27 am

I buy Lotto tickets.....
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 2:27 am

but I never win.....
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 2:43 am

cdurbfan22 wrote:

Listen to this, today during the Lions game I was like "Hey, I am the biggest Lions fan ever, their quarterbacks name is....um man what was it? Nick, what's his name? Jon Kitna....oh yeah that's it. Then a little while later, I was like Jason Hanson, he is my favorite! Don't you like him?

I love the fact that you collect lotto tickets, maybe I can just get someone to buy one here and I'll send it to you in the mail.

Jason Hanson is my Justin Verlander of the Lions! Well, Verlander is better because Hanson is a kicker, but I still like Jason! He's my Lion!

Don't mail me one, that's cheating! I have to go there myself and lose!

You can mail me plane tickets to Louisiana and I could buy some when I get there and try and lose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 3:04 am

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

Jason Hanson is my Justin Verlander of the Lions! Well, Verlander is better because Hanson is a kicker, but I still like Jason! He's my Lion!

Don't mail me one, that's cheating! I have to go there myself and lose!

You can mail me plane tickets to Louisiana and I could buy some when I get there and try and lose.

I just said that to say I liked someone, he's one of two people I had heard of. Jason Hanson was because of you! I didn't even know he was the kicker, I had to ask.

Okay, I won't.

NOW THAT is a plan. I'll buy it tomorrow, or maybe I'll save my money for that $400 digital camera I want.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 3:11 am

I'd say get the camera...that's better than flying me to LA (LMAO)

I was thinking about getting a digital camera. newegg.com has the one I want on sale for $309!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 3:16 am

What's so wrong with LA? You could come for a fishing tournament....or not. That's terrible. I'll come up with something.

That one is really nice. I think the one I looked at was a Canon or Sony. One had a 12x opictical zoom, the other was 15x.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 3:31 pm

Sounds like a "fishing scam" to me!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedWed Nov 28, 2007 3:51 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
What's so wrong with LA? You could come for a fishing tournament....or not. That's terrible. I'll come up with something.

That one is really nice. I think the one I looked at was a Canon or Sony. One had a 12x opictical zoom, the other was 15x.

I guess I could reply to this. I don't fish so that won't be a reason to come to Louisiana.

12X, 15X either way. I went ahead and bought the camera I was talking about. It was $50 off for Black Friday and came with a free case. I'm not sure I need it, but I need to get something for Christmas. Prior to that camera my Christmas list was like this:

*A few pairs of socks (preferably black)

We can afford nicer stuff than that lol! I don't really need anything. I still need to come up with other stuff before my mom buys my sister all kinds of crap. She already got a bunch of clothes (how boring!), a new laptop, and some CDs. All I have is 3 pairs of socks, that camera, and a $4 mini-crock pot that I don't really need but it was a black friday special at Wal-Mart so I figured what the hell.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 1:48 am

You buy your OWN Christmas presents?? Stunned Shocked Stunned
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 3:25 am

I DO!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 3:25 am

Not like Santa Claus is gonna visit my house!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Gonna get me that new Tigers Dugout Jacket!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 6:58 pm

GO SANTA!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedSat Dec 01, 2007 9:41 pm

GOOO SANTA!

Hope he brings me something TIGERS related....hint hint!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedSun Dec 02, 2007 11:51 pm

TIGERS STUFF RULES!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 1:23 pm

Santa filling my stocking with TIGER stuff rules!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....   Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection.... Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Topps Baseball Cards-The Complete Picture Collection....
Page 1 of 1