DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Perry optioned to Toledo, Oliver recalled

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Perry optioned to Toledo, Oliver recalled Empty
PostSubject: Perry optioned to Toledo, Oliver recalled   Perry optioned to Toledo, Oliver recalled Icon_minipostedSat May 28, 2011 2:14 am

By Jason Beck and Chris Vannini / MLB.com | 05/28/11 12:36 AM ET

DETROIT -- One day after admitting there were "a lot of things" wrong with his mechanics, right-handed reliever Ryan Perry was optioned to Triple-A Toledo.

Left-hander Andy Oliver was recalled and will start on Saturday against the Red Sox.

Perry gave up seven earned runs over his last two outings, and opponents hit .370 off him, so he wasn't surprised when he received the news.

"I just need to stay out there and work," Perry said. "I'm doing one inning here, and I think I've got it, only to come out next time and find out I don't. It really just needs some consistency in me getting out there."

Manager Jim Leyland said that going to Toledo -- where there is much less pressure -- would provide Perry with the best opportunity to work things out.

"Tonight's move was based solely on one thing -- that Ryan Perry's struggled so bad, he needs to get away from it," Leyland said. "He's hitting his head against the wall right now. We are, too, trying to figure out some way to help him. He needs to just get away from this environment, because there's so much pressure at the Major League level on all these kids."

The Tigers will have to send another pitcher to Toledo soon, as recently acquired reliever David Purcey will be available to pitch on Saturday.
Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. Read Beck's Blog and follow him on Twitter @beckjason. Chris Vannini is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: