DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring Empty
PostSubject: Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring   Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring Icon_minipostedSat Sep 11, 2010 12:45 am

Posted: 6:39 p.m. Sept. 10, 2010
Signing off, weatherman Eliot sees more good times on the horizon

BY ANGELA LOPEZ
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, gave his final forecast today on WWJ-AM (950). He announced Thursday that’s he retiring after more than 60 years in Detroit broadcasting to spend more time with his wife, Annette, and family.

The station paid tribute through the day before Eliot gave his final forecast at 4:20 p.m.

And he packed quite a few of his signature metaphors and nonsensical sayings into those last few minutes, letting listeners know that Saturday would be “just warm enough to hatch alligator eggs.” And Sunday thundershowers will “make things busier than a fat man’s fork at a smorgasbord,” he added.

He closed his four-minute broadcast with these words: “Well, it’s been fun. I look forward to the next set wherever it is. And we’ll do it all together again. You’re all cordially invited. We’ll all wile away the hours conferring with the flowers. To hell with the rain!”

Read more: Signing off, weatherman Eliot sees more good times on the horizon | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20100910/ENT03/100910067/1318/Signing-off-weatherman-Eliot-sees-more-good-times-on-the-horizon#ixzz0zBmBLygi
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring   Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring Icon_minipostedSat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 am

I have always loved Sonny Eliot! I watched him all my years living in Garden City (1959-1979) and he has been my all time favorite weatherman! I moved to FL in 79', and was happy to hear him still on the radio starting in 2004. From then on I listened to him over the internet.

Have a joy filled retirement Sonny! Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring 119542413446142291massimo_sole_1.svg.thumb
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Metro Detroit’s favorite weatherman, Sonny Eliot, 89, retiring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: