DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Leyland says umpire admits he missed call in Tigers loss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Leyland says umpire admits he missed call in Tigers loss Empty
PostSubject: Leyland says umpire admits he missed call in Tigers loss   Leyland says umpire admits he missed call in Tigers loss Icon_minipostedSun Jun 27, 2010 7:45 pm

Last Updated: June 27. 2010 3:52PM
Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

Atlanta --The Tigers were struggling Sunday morning to let go of the controversial 4-3 loss to the Braves Saturday.

They knew that they didn't hit well enough (three hits, one a bunt single) to win most games. They knew they shot themselves in the foot by walking too many batters. Yet, they also knew they had the game tied in the ninth inning except for a blown call by umpire Gary Cederstrom on a 3-2 pitch to Johnny Damon.

"Yeah, that definitely kept me up last night," Damon said. "You feel like you did everything right and actually you did everything so wrong."

Manager Jim Leyland called Cederstrom after the game.

"You can't complain about yesterday's breakfast," Leyland said. "But I called him after the game and I just said, 'I hope you take a look at the pitch.' He said, 'Well, I kicked it.' I knew that when it happened but watching the replay on television, it was brutal.

"It's not acceptable, especially in that situation. It's just not acceptable."

Said Damon, "Every single game is so important and that's why yesterday's game didn't just affect us. It affected five other teams, in the N.L. Central and A.L. East. We know our division is going to come to the wire, and that's why a game like that is so tough."

Leyland has altered the lineup a bit for Sunday. Brandon Inge will get a rest. He will be replaced by Don Kelly at third base.

Damon will bat third and Gerald Laird will catch.

Leyland said that he will give Ramon Santiago and Carlos Guillen the day off Monday in Minnesota. Danny Worth will play shortstop and Ryan Raburn second base against Twins lefty Francisco Liriano.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100627/SPORTS0104/6270317/Leyland-says-umpire-admits-he-missed-call-in-Tigers-loss#ixzz0s60XgN72
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: