DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m. Empty
PostSubject: Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m.   Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m. Icon_minipostedThu Feb 25, 2010 1:37 am

Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m. Det_hdr

Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. at 2 p.m.

Fans are invited to join Tigers pitcher Max Scherzer for a live web chat this Thursday, Feb. 25 at 2 p.m. Don't miss your chance to chat with the new Tigers pitcher about Spring Training and the upcoming season.

To participate in a chat you must be a registered user of tigers.com. Registration is free, so register now!
Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m. Register_now_128x28

Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m. Logo_det_79x76Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m. Pr_header

02/24/2010 10:15 AM ET
Scherzer to chat live with fans on Thursday
Tigers.com to host special opportunity beginning at 2:00 p.m.

DETROIT - Tigers righthanded pitcher Max Scherzer will chat live with fans on tigers.com beginning at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday following his Spring Training workout in Lakeland. Fans interested in chatting with Scherzer on Thursday will need to visit tigers.com/chat to register for the chat and may submit questions in advance beginning that morning at 10:00 a.m.

Spring Training is in full swing as the Tigers train in Lakeland for the 74th season, marking the longest-standing spring home in all of baseball. Workouts continue through March 1, before the club begins the exhibition schedule with the annual contest against Division II college powerhouse Florida Southern College on March 2 at Joker Marchant Stadium.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m.   Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m. Icon_minipostedThu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Max Scherzer 2/25/2010 2:00 pm - 3:13 pm
baseballmod:
1:10 pm Topic: Tigers baseball

Max_Scherzer:
1:34 pm Good afternoon Tigers' fans. Max Scherzer will join us at 2:00 p.m. ET for our first live chat in 2010.

Max_Scherzer:
1:59 pm Max has joined us and we're ready to go...

Thanatos:
1:59 pm What was your offseason workout?

Max_Scherzer:
2:02 pm I started in December to begin lifting weights with total body workouts and progressed with the weight throughtout the whole off season. I began throwing in mid Jan. to start getting ready for spring training. So I really only had 6 weeks off from the end of last season.

michiganman84:
2:02 pm What are some rituals you do in the bullpen?

Max_Scherzer:
2:04 pm I have my startiung routine down to the minute...Stretching for 5 min...Flat ground throwing for 5 min. And 10 min of throwing off the mound which is 20-25 pitches. I really account for everything including the national anthem

obar:
2:05 pm How tough do you expect it will be facing American League hitters for the first time?

Max_Scherzer:
2:07 pm To be honest with you I really don't think its going to be as drastic as everybody makes it out to be... Don't get me wrong the DH will makes things harder but there are some really talented hitters in the NL. So I have experienced facing those type of hitters so my job really doesnt change

tangeje:
2:07 pm Tiger stadium and its fans bring an experience like none other; what feelings do you have joining such a rich tradition as a Detroit Tiger?

Max_Scherzer:
2:09 pm It's awesome!! Within the two days at Fanfest I really noticed how passoniate the fans really are... I would best describe the Detroit fans as baseball purist meaning the live and die by baseball. I can't say that about to many cities so I am really looking forward to pitch at Comerica

Tiger_Forever:
2:10 pm Have you developed any new pitches during the off season ?

Max_Scherzer:
2:12 pm I can't say any new pitches but I am working on a 2 seam fastball though... I only threw 4 seams last because it was the only one I could throw strikes with. So I have been determine to add that variation so that I can keep left handed hitters honest

39tigerfan:
2:14 pm You have been plagued with rumors that you're injury-prone. Why?

Max_Scherzer:
2:19 pm To be honest with you I don't know why... I have had shoulder tendonitis twice in my life. Once in college that sidelined me for a couple weeks and the other time in 2008 that sidelined me for a couple weeks. I have had a extensive MRI scans on my shoulder joint and everytime they come back they have not found anything structually wrong with my arm. Every pitcher gets tired and tight and I'm no different. So the projection of injury on my career seems exaggerated.

Tiger_Forever:
2:19 pm What is your best pitch ?

Max_Scherzer:
2:19 pm The one that strikes out Joe Mauer

scherzer37:
2:20 pm Detroit is a very cold place for the first month or so. Do you think that the cold will affect your pitching?

Max_Scherzer:
2:23 pm Yes and no. I will have to adjust to the cold weather but I have pitched in cold weather before. So once I get to Detroit I be able to make that adjustment. But after that cold waether favors the pitcher so Im actually kinda looking forward to it.

1206870260:
2:23 pm What are you hoping will be your biggest contribution to the tigers?

Max_Scherzer:
2:25 pm I hope I can be a piece of the puzzle that will get this team to the playoffs and on to the World Series.

mw3177:
2:25 pm What batter are you looking forward to facing in the AL this year?

Max_Scherzer:
2:28 pm Joe Mauer. Here's why... He's the best and rightfully so... When you face the best hitter you find out so much about yourself because that what you measure yourself against. Last year I had to face Albert Pujols and that was the same scenario. There's no other way I would have it.

mckibbka:
2:28 pm How do you feel about joining such a strong pitching staff? Does acquiring a closer like Valverde really make starters happy?

Max_Scherzer:
2:31 pm It's great. Pitching and defense can win a lot of ball games so I feel this has a serious chance to compete for the pennant. When the Tigers added Valverde it only makes winning ball games that much easier because he can really pitch.

Tiger_Forever:
2:33 pm How many days rest do you need before you can pitch again ?

Max_Scherzer:
2:34 pm 5 days but never opposed to getting an extra day. It's amazing that extra day can really make your arm feel better

mckibbka:
2:34 pm How is it handling a trade in professional sports? Just accept it as part of the business? Or is taken hard since you're leaving a familiar place?

Max_Scherzer:
2:39 pm Good question... At first you want to take it hard and it almost makes you feel unwanted. That was my initial reaction but once I got to talk to Dave Dombrowski and Jim Leyland I actually felt much better about coming to the Tigers. As the weeks have passed I really look at it now as a business transaction and I'm actually really happy to be a Detroit Tiger. That's not just a cliche but I really can't wait to pitch in Detroit.

Thanatos:
2:40 pm A ton of young pitchers are having arm injuries and Tommy John surgery. What are you doing to keep this type of stuff from happening to you?

Max_Scherzer:
2:44 pm After I had the last case of tendonitis I have really stepped shoulder strenght program. After I pitch I will go into the weight room and do about 10 different shoulder exercises to keep my shoulder strong. It really has made a difference because I was able to make 30 starts last year without going to the DL

neuticle:
2:46 pm With the great defense behind you at third and short, do anticipate pitching more to contact early in at-bats to keep your pitch count down and go further in games?

Max_Scherzer:
2:49 pm It's going to be great to have such a talented defense behind me this year. Pitching to contact is a tricky thing... You can't just lay the ball over the heart of the plate however you don't want to try to just hit the corners. Its a fine line and I'm still learning how to walk it.

kurt32:
2:50 pm Is there any pitchers that you try to model your game after?

Max_Scherzer:
2:52 pm To be honest with you I really look at everybody. I try to pick up little things from everybody to add it to my game. So really I can learn from almost everybody except those corky left handers!

Max_Scherzer:
2:53 pm quirky not corky

kurt32:
2:53 pm Do you have any personal superstitions?

Max_Scherzer:
2:56 pm Yes but I can't tell you. Anytime somebody finds out about my superstitions they quit working.

Max_Scherzer:
2:56 pm I'll take one more question

Thanatos:
2:59 pm If you could break an MLB record, which would you like to break?

Max_Scherzer:
3:00 pm Most World Series Wins. They just googled it for me and it stands at 10.

Max_Scherzer:
3:02 pm I want to thank everybody for taking time to join today's chat. I look forward to seeing everybody at Comerica Park.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Chat with Max Scherzer Thurs. 2/25/10 at 2 p.m.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: