DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Late night I can't sleep post

Go down 
+9
gdennis59
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
tigersaint
SoulRat
mrsrabelo
iluvpudge7
catbox_9
gs78
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 6:54 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
I will probably fall asleep about 8:30 and then try to wake up for the game or its repeat!
It's too late for that. I got up at 4:45AM today and it's close to midnight. Loooong day. Need some sleep soon.
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 6:55 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
It's just weird talking with you at this time of day!
It is? I guess you are right. We alway meet when its like 1PM here and 7AM in Detroit. Smile
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 6:56 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
No, it's the time when your creative energy is at its greatest. Don't try to change!

I think so too and actually I have tried to change and it just doesn't work. I've even used every sleep cure in the book and yeah, I can make myself pass out sometime before 2am if I take enough (no worries, they're all-natural remedies, nothing that will Marilyn Monroe me) but then I don't get anything written during the day!

I've gone around and around with my mom about it too until we talked it over with my doctor. I've got a mood disorder that's affected by sleep, but he said that as long as I was getting enough, it didn't matter WHEN I slept. Not very often that the doc's on my side :haha:
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 6:56 pm

more like when I'm wide awake at 3:30 AM here!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 6:57 pm

especially since you are 19 now, your mom can't worry about something you can't change!
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 7:00 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
especially since you are 19 now, your mom can't worry about something you can't change!

Well my mom can worry about anything she wants to: she's my mom :haha: ! But now she's kind of accepted it as something I can't change and figures that if I'm getting my writing done, it's better than me being out until 4am with friends or something.

(Besides, my sleeping habits don't even register on the weirdness factor in our house LMAO )
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri May 30, 2008 7:11 pm

clap good point!
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:56 am

I'm posting this, because, well, it's appropriate and the only other posts I've made in this thread have been during the day:

1:54am and I'm not asleep! Shocked LMAO
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 3:05 am

I am still up also!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 3:10 am

Time for Sleep!

Goodnight!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 5:11 am

1:11 A.M. Idiot neighbors are having a party. It's incredibly loud so there's no way in hell I can go to bed right now. Oh, I'm not crazy, my ceiling is really shaking from the people upstairs jumping up and down - I just stood on my bed so I could feel the ceiling and it was clearly moving.

1:15 A.M. I really don't understand this. They play the same music in the same order at every party. Right now is the Spice Girls. The party is a frat party from the frat house next door that carries over to my apartment complex. Why the hell do they listen to the Spice Girls at a frat party? I could maybe see that at a sorority, but there isn't a sorority for 5 miles.

1:59 A.M. I just took like the longest shower ever. It was probably close to 20 minutes. Even a bath shouldn't last that long. It doesn't matter though - party is still going strong. Britney Spears music now playing - this is like the 5th straight song of hers. Remember, this is a frat party.

2:31 A.M. The party is over! I'm going to bed.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 8:57 am

catbox_9 wrote:
1:11 A.M. Idiot neighbors are having a party. It's incredibly loud so there's no way in hell I can go to bed right now. Oh, I'm not crazy, my ceiling is really shaking from the people upstairs jumping up and down - I just stood on my bed so I could feel the ceiling and it was clearly moving.

1:15 A.M. I really don't understand this. They play the same music in the same order at every party. Right now is the Spice Girls. The party is a frat party from the frat house next door that carries over to my apartment complex. Why the hell do they listen to the Spice Girls at a frat party? I could maybe see that at a sorority, but there isn't a sorority for 5 miles.

1:59 A.M. I just took like the longest shower ever. It was probably close to 20 minutes. Even a bath shouldn't last that long. It doesn't matter though - party is still going strong. Britney Spears music now playing - this is like the 5th straight song of hers. Remember, this is a frat party.

2:31 A.M. The party is over! I'm going to bed.

There was a party like that next door to where I lived. By 2, it showed no signs of letting up, so I called the cops!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 1:05 pm

I went to my girlfriends cast party for one of her plays, we got the cops called on us at 9 30, total BS
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 1:07 pm

depends on how loud you guys were, I guess...many people have to work Saturdays and need sleep. That party I narked on was so loud it sounded like we were having the party!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:13 pm

TigerLily wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:
No, it's the time when your creative energy is at its greatest. Don't try to change!

I think so too and actually I have tried to change and it just doesn't work. I've even used every sleep cure in the book and yeah, I can make myself pass out sometime before 2am if I take enough (no worries, they're all-natural remedies, nothing that will Marilyn Monroe me) but then I don't get anything written during the day!

I've gone around and around with my mom about it too until we talked it over with my doctor. I've got a mood disorder that's affected by sleep, but he said that as long as I was getting enough, it didn't matter WHEN I slept. Not very often that the doc's on my side :haha:

Always glad to hear that there's other people like me in world, lol. I have always been a night person too, worked midnights for 8 years and it was great. Now, I work days and have weekends off....not lovin' it. I hate mornings, especially the morning sun in my eye when driving!!! I also hate weekends off, wherever you go, everything is SUPER CROWDED. Oh well, maybe I better look into another career, like you guys were saying, a nurse would be great, but I can't stand blood either, wish I could do it!!!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:26 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
depends on how loud you guys were, I guess...many people have to work Saturdays and need sleep. That party I narked on was so loud it sounded like we were having the party!

I can't stand any kind of noise like that. I live in a condo complex and the neighbors are all pretty good except for these weirdos across the street, we don't know how many people live there, it's like some must rent rooms or something. They all have these huge over-size SUV's parked all over the street and a couple of them have their radios in the car on sooooo loud with a base that when they come in it literally sounds and feels like an earthquake and then they will leave it running for like 5 minutes after they park!!! I absolutely can't stand that, I don't know how they aren't deaf by now. They have a sign up to sell, but we all know how fast real estate is moving now Rolling Eyes . No one cares if people have occasional parties as long as, like Lap said, it's not too loud and ends at a reasonable time.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:32 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
TigerLily wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

Always glad to hear that there's other people like me in world, lol. I have always been a night person too, worked midnights for 8 years and it was great. Now, I work days and have weekends off....not lovin' it. I hate mornings, especially the morning sun in my eye when driving!!! I also hate weekends off, wherever you go, everything is SUPER CROWDED. Oh well, maybe I better look into another career, like you guys were saying, a nurse would be great, but I can't stand blood either, wish I could do it!!!

plenty of hospital jobs that are non-direct patient care that need shift workers! like mine!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:39 pm

I've thought of that, but I guess I should look into it again, thanks for reminding me!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:43 pm

This thread is getting some posts!

I thought it was dead!

WOW
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:46 pm

why would you think that?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:47 pm

Hadn't seen it a while
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:48 pm

there are many of us insomniacs out here! I have insomnia at least 2 nights a week! but can't handle the sleeping pills, so I just get stuff done around the house.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:50 pm

I am glad this thread is useful!

Insomnia Sucks
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Sorry I'm not very useful in this thread. I'm usually sleeping from 11:00pm-7:00am and I'm awake the other times. Although I stayed up until 1:00am all week because of the west coast trip rant
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 3:33 pm

Must be nice !
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 4:13 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

There was a party like that next door to where I lived. By 2, it showed no signs of letting up, so I called the cops!

clap

I tried that once at about 2:30 AM at a party. The police told me "if you don't like that kind of noise don't live by a college".
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 5:44 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

clap

I tried that once at about 2:30 AM at a party. The police told me "if you don't like that kind of noise don't live by a college".

This was in a completely residential area miles away from the colleges in Sacramento.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 6:03 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

clap

This was in a completely residential area miles away from the colleges in Sacramento.

But the cops came though, right? The ones here hung up on me after telling me not to live near a college. There are still noise pollution laws rant

I have to live near the college because I'm not allowed parking at UCLA despite the fact I'm a graduating senior. There's no way to get there other than driving or walking.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 6:10 pm

wow, that sucks! Yup, the cops did come through and shut 'em down relatively fast (completely quiet within the hour).
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 7:31 pm

Fuck the Cops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late night I can't sleep post   Late night  I can't sleep post - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Late night I can't sleep post
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next