DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The possibilities without Grandy and Ed.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

The possibilities without Grandy and Ed. Empty
PostSubject: The possibilities without Grandy and Ed.   The possibilities without Grandy and Ed. Icon_minipostedThu Dec 10, 2009 11:02 pm

I really like the attitudes of the guys coming in, and Coke and Scherzer could indeed be strong the whole year. Coke would be a great guy whether in the rotation or the pen. He had a great end to last year.

Scherzer seems like he could be a Verlander-esque guy. He had a good year, considering it was his first full-time year. He did have 174 K's in 170 and some change innings. That shows that he can strike out people no doubt, and he said he studies Verlander's game to be more like him, which can really only benefit you.

Schlereth- a young, hard throwing reliever. Control issues, walks alot, leads to a high ERA. Aside from all that, there's clearly potential. If he gets his mid-upper 90 MPH fastball under control, and works a good off-speed pitch, he will be dominant assuming he stays healthy (Joel Zumaya...)

Coke has a great mindset: "I have on ring, I want another." He wants to help Detroit in whatever ways possible, whether it be releiving or starting.

Austin Jackson, if you really think about it, could be almost as good as Grandy. Young, speedy, presumably bigs-ready.

I'm seeing promise in these guys, and won't give up on em even if we did lose Grandy and Ed.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001

The possibilities without Grandy and Ed.
Page 1 of 1