DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 187
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : dontrelle willis
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Source: Danica to try NASCAR in '10

By Ed Hinton
ESPN.com
Archive

HAMPTON, Ga. -- Danica Patrick will "all but certainly" be in NASCAR in 2010, but won't give up Indy car racing and will limit next year's activity to the Nationwide Series and Trucks, according to a source very close to the situation.

Tony Stewart is the "star candidate" to be her partner and mentor in NASCAR, the source said, adding that Patrick's recent visits to Stewart-Haas Racing were much more than social -- that she and Stewart were discussing a deal, and are close to one.

"I can pretty much guarantee at some point she's going to be over here," Stewart told reporters Saturday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, meaning NASCAR in general and hinting at something the source confirmed and clarified.

Patrick
Patrick

The plan is for Patrick to run a significant number of Nationwide races, with additional seat time in Trucks and ARCA cars. Stewart took a similar transitional path to NASCAR in 1998, running a full Indy car schedule and also 22 Nationwide (then Busch) races.

Patrick's likeliest first stock car race would be the ARCA event at Daytona during SpeedWeeks next February.

There's no way Patrick would a) plunge immediately into the Cup level next year, or b) give up Indy car racing until she's sure she can do well in NASCAR, the source said.

"She doesn't have some misguided idea that it's going to be easy," Stewart said. "She wants to do it the right way. She has the intention of doing everything right."

Because Stewart's team has neither Nationwide cars nor trucks in its stable, a third partner will be brought into the mix, the source said -- possibly Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s JR Motorsports, or, more likely, Kevin Harvick Inc., which fields both Trucks and Nationwide cars.

Patrick is close to signing a contract renewal with Andretti Green Racing for Indy cars, the source said, but it's not a done deal yet.

But clearly now, Patrick's interest in NASCAR is more than a long-suspected bargaining chip with Andretti Green.

"She's looked me straight in the eye and said, 'Hey, this is what I want to do,'" Stewart said.

Sponsorship is not considered an issue for America's top female driver, and the first car manufacturer to sign Patrick to a NASCAR deal would get a big boost in brand exposure.

"I'm intrigued to hear a little bit more about what her thoughts are, and what she's planning to do," said Brent Dewar, vice president of Chevrolet Global, who was here Saturday to visit with Chevy teams. "We'll probably talk at a future event at a future location."

T.J. Patrick, Danica's father, has for several years urged her to switch to NASCAR where the money, TV ratings and sponsorships are much bigger than in the Indy Racing League. But, reached by phone Saturday evening, T.J. Patrick said he's under a gag rule from his daughter during the negotiations, and that he isn't being kept in the loop anyway.

Ed Hinton is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He can be reached at edward.t.hinton@espn3.com.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 05, 2009 11:45 pm

You would have everything about Danica the minute it comes out...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Haha, it was there and i figure people might like Nascar on here and would want to know about it
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 05, 2009 11:49 pm

You said on Facebook:

"I like NASCAR even more now since Danica Patrick will be in it next year."

EDIT: Indirect qoute ^^
Back to top Go down
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 05, 2009 11:50 pm

lol wow u would Garrett

and u cant say she's not hot
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 05, 2009 11:51 pm

I don't care if I can't.

You are geeking over some random chick that you will never even get within 100 miles of.

You shouldn't be obsessed with a female "athlete", and I stress the word athlete because NASCAR is not a sport! It requires no athletic ability at all.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 am

Well said gdennis.

yawn
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSun Sep 06, 2009 8:26 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
I don't care if I can't.

You are geeking over some random chick that you will never even get within 100 miles of.

You shouldn't be obsessed with a female "athlete", and I stress the word athlete because NASCAR is not a sport! It requires no athletic ability at all.

Nod
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSun Sep 06, 2009 8:27 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Well said gdennis.

yawn

yawn yawn
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm

YAY!

I'm not the only one =]
Back to top Go down
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 07, 2009 9:44 pm

Haha i guess people dont care then
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 07, 2009 10:24 pm

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't care;

But Nascar really shouldn't register as a SPORT, neither should fishing.
Back to top Go down
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedMon Sep 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Well you and other people dont have to think its a sport but people do including I and its one of most popular sports in the world and Danica Patrick is gonna make it bigger and make Nascar millions of dollars and bring in more fans
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 11, 2009 4:23 am

jmccurry08 wrote:
Well you and other people dont have to think its a sport but people do including I and its one of most popular sports in the world and Danica Patrick is gonna make it bigger and make Nascar millions of dollars and bring in more fans

Maybe so;

But they won't get a dollar of my money nor will I watch it

Sorry
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedFri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 pm

jmccurry08 wrote:

Sorry but let's look at sports the ENTIRE world does.

1. Soccer- Hands down the single most popular sport.

2. Tennis- Look at the amount of people from around the world.

3. Baseball- NASCAR doesn't have a WBC.
Back to top Go down
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_minipostedSat Sep 12, 2009 12:29 am

gdennis59 wrote:
jmccurry08 wrote:

Sorry but let's look at sports the ENTIRE world does.

1. Soccer- Hands down the single most popular sport.

2. Tennis- Look at the amount of people from around the world.

3. Baseball- NASCAR doesn't have a WBC.
1. Soccer is the most popular sport
2. There is a lot of people from around the world but Nascar has people racing from 5 different countries now/
3. No S**t Nascar dont have a WBC.

Okay ill re clarify it...........Nascar is one of the most popular sports in North America
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010   Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Danica Patrick to race in NASCAR in 2010
Page 1 of 1