DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Empty
PostSubject: Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going   Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Icon_minipostedWed Nov 07, 2007 6:06 pm

These are going to be just guesses, please put anything you guys think down as well. In addition to this I am going to be giving updates as often as I can to fill everyone in. As I wrote this I found out about Schilling, Borowski and Byrd, so I am giving myself these, because they were my pick all along.

1. Alex Rodriguez - Angels. I really think it is between the Angels, Mets, Red Sox and the dark-horse Tigers. Dombrowksi doesn't want to spend the money, but Illich does. The Red Sox would have to move him to short, and this would kill his defense, and the Mets have David Wright and Jose Reyes. It will be interesting but A-Rod seems to be headed west, away from the east coast spotlight. Something around 8 years 220 million before we are said and done.

2. Torii Hunter- Rangers. This is an easy one. He lives in Texas, and the ballpark fits his offensive capabilities. This would be a great move for the Rangers. 5 years 65-70 million sounds about right.

3. Mike Lowell- Red Sox. They are going to re-sign him. Look for something in the 4 years 55-60 million dollar range.

4. Jorge Posada- Mets. This is a bit of a limb, but I think he leaves and eventually moves to 1st base. Somewhere around 4 years 70 million from the Mets.

5. Andy Pettite- Houston. This is just a guess, but Houston needs big help for one season. Bigger chance to RETIRE. If signed 1 year 9 million.

6. Mariano Rivera- Yankees. He has always been a Yankee, and will finish up there. Somewhere around 15 million a year should tie him up for the rest of his carrer.

7. Barry Bonds- Athletics. I hate him, but someone will sign him. has to be out west, and Oakland and the Angels are the only possibilities. If the Angels lose out on A-Rod they are a big player, and San Diego.

8. Aaron Rowand- White Sox. A crowd pleaser, plus he had a monster season. 4 years 55-60 mil.

9. Andrew Jones- Nationals. I think the Nationals over pay for him, but this will bring a big name to a big city and maybe generate some buzz in DC. More on this one as it developes, but he will stay in the NL. 5 years 70-75 mil.

10. Curt Schilling- Red Sox. This is a no-brainer. He loves the Boston spotlight and the post-season legecy there. 1 year 13 mil.

11. Carlos Silva- Mets. They are going to spend the money, and Silva is the best young pitcher on the market. he wont be tied down for more than 4, so 4 years 65 mil. gets it done.

12. Francisco Cordero- Brewers. They HAVE to resign him. If they don't though the Tigers and Braves are going to get in on it and remember he started his career in Detroit.

13. Greg Maddux- Padres. Going back to SD makes since, he is a nice fit there, but how interesting would it be if the Braves came calling, and....

14. Tom Glavine- Braves. Already said he would take less money to go home to Atlanta and finish his career. 1 year 6 mil.

15. Tadahito Ighuci- Mets. They need a replacement for Castillo who is a FA and Iguchi fits in nicely with the speed at the top of the Mets line-up.

16. Mike Cameron- Astros. They will have to deal with a 25 game suspension, but they need a CF and after Hunter and Rowand are gone this is the best they have to get. 3 years 33 mil.

17. Bartolo Colon- White Sox. Injury issues are a problem, but Chicago needs some help for the rotation. Look out in Seattle for him too.

18. Eric Gagne- Tigers. If they don't get Cordero, then the Tigers will pick up Gagne. The only problem is he is very similar to Rodney and Jones now without the big fastball, but the big ballpark is a nice fit for him. 2 years 16 mil.

19. Jason Jennings- Mariners. Provides some back end help to the rotation, and can eat up some innings for the bullpen.

20. Kyle Lohse- Cardinals. They need somebody in St. Louis BAD, and will pay the high asking price. Maybe Houston or the Rangers too. All these teams will over pay for pitching help.

21. Livan Hernandez- Phillies. They need a SP bad and this is an option for them, Hernandex fits well for the park compared to other FA pitchers.

22. Paul Byrd- Indians. No one else wants him because of the alligations and his option will be picked up.

23. Kenny Rogers- Tigers. It will either be hee or no where, one more year sounds good for Kenny.

24. Freddy Garcia- Astros. They come out of nowhere but they need to get a front-line starter to go with Roy Oswalt.

25. Geoff Jenkins- Padres. I admittedly have no idea where he goes, but Padres have no one in the OF and he could be a nice addition. He has been linked to Detroit too because he is left-handed but I think detroit goes another way. 2 years 8 mil.

26. Jose Guillen- Giants. They need someone to replace Bonds, and they don't have a problem with the Steroid allegations. 3 years 18 mil.

27. Milton Bradley- Twins. They need some help in the OF with the loss of Hunter, and Bradley gives them some options out there. 2 years 10 mil.

28. Shannon Stewart- Padres. They need some help in the OF and Stewart seems like a nice fit in San Diego. 2 years 10 mil.

29. Luis Castillo- Cardinals. He provides some insurance to the middle of the IF with the loss of Eckstein. Is still a nice option on the bases. 2 years 8 million

30. Kaz Matsui- Rockies. He stays home at the hitter friendly ballpark that has made him semi-productive.

31. Juan Uribe- Cubs. He would be a nice upgrade at SS for the cross-town team. He could at least split time in that Cubs IF and can also play 2B if needed. 3 years 11 mil.

32. Pedro Feliz- Phillies. They need a new third baseman and after A-Rod and Lowell there is not much of a market through FA. Feliz is a nice defensive EB, but struggles at the plate. 2 years 9 mill.

33. Todd Jones- Tigers. The Tigers must resign Jones now with the Zumaya injury, even though he gives everyone in Detroit a heart attack. The only other option is Atlanta, which is closer to his Alabama home. 2 years 8 mill.

34. Joe Borowski- Indians. A terrible move, but they will do it because he still saved games. I had this pegged even before they picked up his option.

35. Yorvit Torrealba- Yankees. He will replace Posada and be much less expensive. Also, a young catcher that will grow with the Yankees young staff. 4 years 20 mill.

36. Randy Wolf- Yankees. He is the kind of guy the Yanks have been signing recently to pitch for them. he adds some much needed inning eating power to the young and unproven rotation. 2 years 9.5 million

37. Kenny Lofton- Braves. He will be the veteran replacment for Jones, and he will also give the Braves a chance to rest him and play there young prospects on his much needed days off. 1 year 4 mil.

38. David Riske- Detroit. Another addition to the Tigers bullpen. he can be a nice guy to stretch out in the bullpen if they need him for the 6th and 7th, and also can spill a guy like Gagne or Rodney so they don't have to go back to back to often. 3 years 10 mill.

39. Micheal Barrett- Marlins. A bargain guy to a bargain team. The Marlins pick up a nice player for 2 years 6 mil.

40. David Eckstein- White Sox. They love him and want him bad, he is the kind of guy who plays everyday, and they need that bad in Chicago. 3 years 18 mil.

41. Luis Gonzalez- Tigers. Here is the answer to the Tigers LH OF problem. he has gone on record saying he would love to be in Detroit. He is a veteran who can platoon nicely with Thames. 2 years 9.5 mil.

42. Mike Lamb- Yankees. He could be the best available, and like Mike Lowell he may just need a change of venue. This is at best a chance signing on someone if they can not make a trade.

43. Joh Lieber- D-Backs. They need to build a staff, and to go along with Weeb Lieber is a innings eater for the young pitchers at the back end

44. Scott Linebrink- Dodgers. Not the biggets splash in the FA market, but Linebrink is very valuable. The Tigers will be in on him too if they dont get Gagne or Riske. Also, look for Seattle and the Yankees.

45. Mike Piazza- Rangers. They need some help down there, and this could be a nice bat to replace the loss of Teixera, and Wilkerson. He is limited to a DH now, but could still make it work.

46. Sean Casey- Padres. I have no idea where Casey goes, but everyone loves him. He is a great defensive 1B and a great clubhouse guy, would be perfect in Florida, Colorado, or Arizona.

47. Kris Benson- Dodgers. They need a SP bad. Benson is past his prime, if he ever had one, but could be more effective in the NL. Plus his wife is HOTTT.

48. Kip Wells- Phillies. Once a Pirate now a Philly. They need some rotation help, and this will bring them a nice 4th starter.

49. Octavio Dotel- Reds. They could use some bullpen help, and Dotel brings some, but also some questions.

50. Roger Clemens- Dodgers. This is a f****** crap shoot, but it is still kinda fun to play with it. The Astros need him bad, but Torre is now in LA, and so is the spotlight. Why not?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going   Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Icon_minipostedWed Nov 07, 2007 9:00 pm

Good post. A few comments....

A's won't take Bonds. They're too cheap.

Clemens better retire!

Uribe resigned with CHW today.

Oh yeah, stay away from Texas Piazza! The DH spot if for Jason Botts!

Last edited by on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going   Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Icon_minipostedWed Nov 07, 2007 9:07 pm

Awww...yes I :LOVE: Uribe, I will get to see him in DETROIT!! haha. Smile
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going   Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Icon_minipostedWed Nov 07, 2007 11:21 pm

I don't think the Rockies would give up Todd Helton to put Sean at first base No no way!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going   Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Icon_minipostedThu May 01, 2008 4:48 pm

How'd bobrob do.....
Lowell is a Red Sock
Rivera is a Yankee
Schilling is a Red Sock
Maddux is a Padre
Glavine is a Brave*
Lohse is a Cardinal*
Byrd is an Indian
Rogers is a Tiger
Feliz is a Phillie*
Jones is a Tigers
Borowski is an Indian

*Denotes new team

TOTAL: 11/50 = 22%
F

Of the 11 you got right, you correctly predicted 3 new teams and correctly predicted 8 would stay put.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going   Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Icon_minipostedThu May 01, 2008 4:54 pm

LMAO These weren't my predictions. I copied and pasted an article...ashamed
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going   Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Icon_minipostedThu May 01, 2008 5:08 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
LMAO These weren't my predictions. I copied and pasted an article...ashamed

Oh. Well in that case you get 0/50 points which is an F-

I should have checked out your link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going   Top 50 MLB Free Agents & Where They are Going Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1