DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Empty
PostSubject: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedMon Aug 10, 2009 12:53 am

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane(notes) was charged with attacking a cab driver in his hometown Sunday, a beating that police said was triggered when the driver did not have 20 cents in change to give the player and his cousin.

Buffalo police said the 20-year-old Kane and his 21-year-old cousin, James Kane, had apparently caught a cab from the city’s downtown nightclub district at about 4 a.m. The cab driver suffered cuts to his face and his glasses were damaged, police spokesman Michael DeGeorge said.

Both men were charged with felony robbery and misdemeanor counts of theft of services and criminal mischief. Patrick Kane pleaded not guilty in City Court on Sunday, WIVB-TV reported. It was not immediately clear when James Kane will appear in court.

The driver said he was punched and hit by both men because he did not have 20 cents in change to give them, according to the police report.

A message left at the home of Patrick Kane’s parents was not immediately returned Sunday afternoon. Relatives who answered his grandfather’s phone and his mother’s cell phone declined to comment and could not say whether either Kane had an attorney.

A Blackhawks spokesman said the team is aware of the allegations against Kane.

“He is a big part of our organization and a team leader and we stand behind him,” spokesman Brandon Faber said. “As we are still collecting all the facts, it would be premature to comment further at this time.”

On Thursday, Patrick Kane was at a Buffalo ice rink where he played hockey as a child to help Mayor Byron Brown announce funding for improvements.

He said at the time he was happy to have time “to hang out back home in Buffalo.”

“The best thing about it is my friends treat me like I’m a regular kid,” said Kane, the first overall pick in the 2007 NHL draft. “They don’t treat me like a celebrity or whatever they might treat me like in Chicago.”

Kane played his first two NHL seasons with the Blackhawks and had 46 goals and 96 assists. He won the Calder Trophy, given to the league’s best rookie, in 2008.

Associated Press writer Sophia Tareen in Chicago contributed to this report.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedMon Aug 10, 2009 12:53 am

What an idiot!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedTue Aug 11, 2009 5:25 pm

And I bet the charges will be dropped or he will win in court

Celebrity Justice you know

If Donte Stallworth can kill someone driving drunk and barely do any jail time; why should Kane do time for assualt and stealing 20 cents

Why even waste taxpayers money trying to prosecute that idiot
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedTue Aug 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Hell; OJ Simpson should ask for a new trial

He got punished this time for getting away with murder in 1994 if you ask me

No one else would have got the time OJ got for the crime he did

But it is hard to have sympathy for OJ in the first place; though that Family Guy " The Juice is Loose" episode was a riot
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedWed Aug 12, 2009 1:04 am

Technically he didn't steal the 20 cents. I don't get why he's being charged for robbery. The cab driver owed him money. Still, you're a millionaire and it's 20 cents. Let it go. The driver was probably trying to rip you off since you were probably being cheap and not tipping him.

I'm not sure what type of punishment would be fitting here. He should be punished but not super severely. Maybe a week or so in jail and a fine of some sort. Throw in a 5 game suspension or so and I'd say that's fair. (all this assumes he's guilty which technically you aren't supposed to do....give him a fair trial but make sure it's actually fair such that if he's guilty they'll find him guilty)

Since he's famous he'll probably be told to never do that again, apologize to the media, and they'll call it good.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedWed Aug 12, 2009 1:46 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Technically he didn't steal the 20 cents. I don't get why he's being charged for robbery. The cab driver owed him money. Still, you're a millionaire and it's 20 cents. Let it go. The driver was probably trying to rip you off since you were probably being cheap and not tipping him.

I'm not sure what type of punishment would be fitting here. He should be punished but not super severely. Maybe a week or so in jail and a fine of some sort. Throw in a 5 game suspension or so and I'd say that's fair. (all this assumes he's guilty which technically you aren't supposed to do....give him a fair trial but make sure it's actually fair such that if he's guilty they'll find him guilty)

Since he's famous he'll probably be told to never do that again, apologize to the media, and they'll call it good.

That reminds me of a story; There is this guy named Major Brooks, who sells peanuts on Woodward before Tigers games; sometimes I buy a bottle of water from him on hot days and stuff;

Anyhow; He has a friend who is a cab driver; One time; a few years back, He had Ichiro in his cab; drove him somewhere; don't remember where; The fare came out to 19:50; Ichiro gave the cabby a twenty and told him to keep the change
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedWed Aug 12, 2009 2:51 am

catbox_9 wrote:

Technically, he took back the $15, so he is charged for more than 20 cents...

Quote :

Blackhawks F Kane arrested

Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane, the top overall pick in the 2007 NHL draft, was arrested early Sunday morning in Buffalo, N.Y., and charged with robbery and other counts following an altercation with a cab driver in his hometown.The 20-year-old Kane and his cousin, James M. Kane, 21, were taken into police custody at about 5 a.m. ET after allegedly punching the driver and taking $15 in fare they had given him after he said he didn't have 20 cents in change, a police report says. Police say the cousins apparently caught a cab from the city's downtown nightclub district at about 4 a.m. Sunday.

Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedThu Aug 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Like Kane really needed 20 cents that bad

Guy is a millionaire
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedThu Aug 13, 2009 9:15 pm

gs78 wrote:
Like Kane really needed 20 cents that bad

Guy is a millionaire

It shows his moral state!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedThu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Technically, he took back the $15, so he is charged for more than 20 cents...

Quote :

Blackhawks F Kane arrested

Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane, the top overall pick in the 2007 NHL draft, was arrested early Sunday morning in Buffalo, N.Y., and charged with robbery and other counts following an altercation with a cab driver in his hometown.The 20-year-old Kane and his cousin, James M. Kane, 21, were taken into police custody at about 5 a.m. ET after allegedly punching the driver and taking $15 in fare they had given him after he said he didn't have 20 cents in change, a police report says. Police say the cousins apparently caught a cab from the city's downtown nightclub district at about 4 a.m. Sunday.

Obviously I didn't read the article all that closely Smack

In that case I'd up my proposed punishment to 10 days in jail instead of 7.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedThu Aug 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Doesn't matter Catbox

Kane is still a moron
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedThu Aug 13, 2009 10:00 pm

I won't argue with that. Even if you aren't a millionaire, you don't punch a guy to try to get 20 cents you're owed. I could see punching the guy if you were poor and it was 20 bucks, but not 20 cents.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 2:39 am

catbox_9 wrote:
I won't argue with that. Even if you aren't a millionaire, you don't punch a guy to try to get 20 cents you're owed. I could see punching the guy if you were poor and it was 20 bucks, but not 20 cents.

You can't even buy a pack of Wrigley spearmint gum for 20 cents

Maybe some Bazooka gum; one piece
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 2:41 am

I've seen individually wrapped jelly bellies for 2 cents each at this one store. He could have bought 10 of them!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 2:54 am

catbox_9 wrote:
I've seen individually wrapped jelly bellies for 2 cents each at this one store. He could have bought 10 of them!

Or maybe a pack of Ramen noodles
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 am

I've seen those for 5 cents at Food 4 Less.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 2:56 am

You could almost buy a gumball from a machine....80% of the way there.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 2:58 am

catbox_9 wrote:
You could almost buy a gumball from a machine....80% of the way there.

50 cents for those little plastic football helmets

I once spent about 10 bucks in quarters before I got a Lions helmet out of the gumball machine
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 2:59 am

I hate machines. There's always something cool you want but you can't have it without a million other things.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 3:01 am

catbox_9 wrote:
I hate machines. There's always something cool you want but you can't have it without a million other things.

I stay away from them now; they have one at Meijer's that has little baseball pennants for 75 cents;

I probably spend 30 bucks trying to get a Tigers one
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 3:03 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I stay away from them now; they have one at Meijer's that has little baseball pennants for 75 cents;

Probably end up with like 30 Pirates ones though. They always put crappy ones in there by the bucketful and hardly any good ones.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 3:05 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Probably end up with like 30 Pirates ones though. They always put crappy ones in there by the bucketful and hardly any good ones.

Or 30 Nationals ones
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 3:06 am

Yeah, really!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Yeah, really!

Probably can't get a Pirates one in Pittsburgh area stores or Nats ones in DC stores
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedThu Aug 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Kane pleads guilty to disorderly conduct, to apologize to cabbie

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane and his cousin have pleaded guilty to a noncriminal charge of disorderly conduct and have been ordered to send a written apology to the Buffalo cab driver they were accused of roughing up.

The 20-year-old player and his 21-year-old cousin, James Kane, were given conditional discharges Thursday, meaning they will avoid any penalties if they stay out of trouble for a year and apologize to cabbie Jan Radecki.

Kane said in court that he was sorry about the altercation and he wanted to move forward.

The Kanes were charged Aug. 19 with misdemeanor assault, theft and harassment after Radecki said they beat him up over a fare dispute.

The Buffalo City Court judge could have sentenced the Kanes to 15 days in jail.

------------

Not even a criminal charge? Not even a fine? Not even probation or something? A written apology? What is this, third grade?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 28, 2009 4:43 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

Kane pleads guilty to disorderly conduct, to apologize to cabbie

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane and his cousin have pleaded guilty to a noncriminal charge of disorderly conduct and have been ordered to send a written apology to the Buffalo cab driver they were accused of roughing up.

The 20-year-old player and his 21-year-old cousin, James Kane, were given conditional discharges Thursday, meaning they will avoid any penalties if they stay out of trouble for a year and apologize to cabbie Jan Radecki.

Kane said in court that he was sorry about the altercation and he wanted to move forward.

The Kanes were charged Aug. 19 with misdemeanor assault, theft and harassment after Radecki said they beat him up over a fare dispute.

The Buffalo City Court judge could have sentenced the Kanes to 15 days in jail.

------------

Not even a criminal charge? Not even a fine? Not even probation or something? A written apology? What is this, third grade?

That is bullshit; It really is; Fuck that stupid judge too; rant rant rant
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 28, 2009 5:35 pm

I hear you. Like I said earlier, I think Kane is a total moron, but he's not really a danger to society that should be locked up forever. Still, he should be punished. I'd have been happy with even 24 hours in jail just to scare him straight or something.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 28, 2009 5:36 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I hear you. Like I said earlier, I think Kane is a total moron, but he's not really a danger to society that should be locked up forever. Still, he should be punished. I'd have been happy with even 24 hours in jail just to scare him straight or something.

At least a fine and community service
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 28, 2009 6:48 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

Not a danger to society??? What do you call beating up someone when he gets mad???
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_minipostedFri Aug 28, 2009 9:32 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Not a danger to society??? What do you call beating up someone when he gets mad???

A violent drunk, sure but he's not a guy that's going to break into people's houses and what not. Lots of people would get angry if a cab driver tried to not give them change. 20 year olds do stupid things like that. I'm not condoning what he did, but he's not a murder or a rapist or anything like that either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY   Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Chicago Blackhawks F Kane arrested in Buffalo, NY
Page 1 of 1