DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Empty
PostSubject: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedSun Aug 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Bonderman, Robertson to prepare for late-season callup

By Jason Beck / MLB.com

08/02/09 12:52 PM ET

CLEVELAND -- Tigers pitchers Jeremy Bonderman and Nate Robertson will begin their Minor League rehab assignments at Triple-A Toledo on Tuesday night.

Robertson is scheduled to throw two or three innings, or about 40 pitches. Bonderman will follow with one inning, or about 25 pitches. With that, they'll begin what is expected to be a lengthy rehab process to build up their arms before they rejoin the Tigers for late-season callups in the bullpen.

Robertson said Friday, after both pitchers threw in a simulated game, that the goal was to be ready at the end of August, right around the time active rosters expand from 25 players to up to 40. But given manager Jim Leyland's reaction, that shouldn't be taken to mean that they'll be shuffled off to the back of the bullpen for token work.

"I think there's a strong possibility," Leyland said, "that both of them, in some way shape or form, at some point, for the rest of the season could be very important for us. But they have to get back to pitching shape. I want them to be pumped up. I think they're both pumped up right now. I think that's a wonderful thing. But you still have to go out and do it and get back into a routine."

That will be the focus for the pitchers. While they'll be groomed for relief roles when they get to Detroit, the Tigers still want to stretch them out and make sure their arms are strong enough to handle the workload. That proved to be a problem with Bonderman when he tried to come back earlier this season, culminating in a rough outing against the White Sox in early June.

So far, that has been Bonderman's lone outing with the Tigers this season. He missed the start of the season with lingering shoulder problems after last summer's surgery to correct a circulatory problem.

Robertson opened the season in the bullpen, but eventually complained of elbow trouble in June. He had surgery about five weeks ago to remove four tissue masses from the elbow area, where they were believed to be interfering with a nerve and restricting his throwing motion.

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedMon Aug 03, 2009 11:44 pm

BUENO!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedWed Aug 05, 2009 11:12 pm

Pitchers encouraged by rehab outings
Robertson, Bonderman take mound for Triple-A Toledo

By Jason Beck / MLB.com

08/05/09 8:25 PM ET

DETROIT -- Both Nate Robertson and Jeremy Bonderman were back at Comerica Park on Wednesday, encouraged by their outings the previous night at Triple-A Toledo to start their Minor League rehab assignments. But both see a lengthy stint ahead before they're ready for a return to the big leagues.

Robertson started Tuesday's game for the Mud Hens and gave up a run on four hits over his 2 2/3 innings, throwing 39 pitches. Three of those four hits, including an Andy Green home run he allowed for his lone run, came in his third and final inning of work as his arm started tiring.

He wasn't throwing completely free and easy, but he believes the tightness came more out of lack of work than from any effects of the surgery he had at the end of June to remove tissue masses from around his elbow.

"Just that breakdown before I build things up, that's the process, that's the stage I'm in right now," Robertson said. "I think that once I get over this hump, there should be a difference that I feel. I think I'll start feeling that difference once that fluid and that swelling goes away."

The bright side, Robertson said, was that his command of his pitches was solid. Usually that's one of the last aspects to return after surgery.

Bonderman's perfect inning not only included good arm strength, but it also had a pitch or two he had never thrown in a game. He threw a splitter, he said, as an offspeed pitch, throwing it once for a called strike and again for a swing and miss.

"It felt good just to play," Bonderman said. "It's been a long time."

Robertson will start again for the Hens on Saturday, when he's expected to throw about 50 pitches. He'll be on a regular schedule to pitch every five days after that, extending about 10 pitches per outing until he stretches his arm to about 100 pitches.

Bonderman will continue to work out of the bullpen, with his next appearance on schedule later this week, then on an as-needed basis soon after.

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedThu Aug 06, 2009 12:03 am

Neutral Not sure how much help they'll be for us. I'd rather get bats.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedThu Aug 06, 2009 12:41 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Neutral Not sure how much help they'll be for us. I'd rather get bats.
I agree Nod
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedThu Aug 06, 2009 4:24 pm

I say turn Bondo into a closer and deal Nando for a bat!
Back to top Go down
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 187
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : dontrelle willis
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedSat Aug 15, 2009 2:45 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
I say turn Bondo into a closer and deal Nando for a bat!
I could see Bondo being a closer and yea Nando can get dealt for a minor league bat who can be developed into a good major leaguer
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedSat Aug 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Psssht.

Or we could package Nando with some minor leaguers and get a really good bat.
Back to top Go down
jmccurry08
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 187
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : dontrelle willis
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedSat Aug 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Yeah, that could work too..........would they take Pronk from Cleveland for Nando and some minor leaguers
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_minipostedSat Aug 15, 2009 6:31 pm

NO!

Pronk is waaaay too injury prone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday   Tigers duo to begin rehab Tuesday Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: