DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile Empty
PostSubject: Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile   Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile Icon_minipostedWed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile

Southfield (WWJ) -- There's has been a tanker explosion on I-75 at Nine Mile Road in Hazel Park Wednesday night. The freeway has been closed. Fire crews are on the scene.

WWJ's Lance Howard reports the bridge over Nine Mile Road collapsed onto the freeway.

There are reports of explosions and flames rising 150 to 200 feet in the air.

At least two semis and two other vehicles were involved. Fuel was on fire in the sewer system along the freeway. The driver of the semi said there was more than nine-thousand gallons of gasoline in the tanker.

At least one restaurant has been evacuated in the area. At this point there are no reports of injuries, but the situation is fluid.

Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 for updates on this story throughout the night.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile   Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile Icon_minipostedWed Jul 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Tanker explodes on I-75; freeway closed
The Detroit News

Hazel Park -- A tanker has crashed and caught fire on Interstate 75, causing a portion of an overpass to collapse near Nine Mile, police said.

Officials are not yet clear how the tanker crashed, but there was "a large explosion" and fire reported, said Michigan State Police Lt. Shannon Sims.

A black smoke cloud could be seen as far away as Warren. Traffic was snarled in both directions on I-75.

No injuries were reported as of 9 p.m., Hazel Park police said. Their department was responding along with police and fire officials from Madison Heights, Royal Oak and Ferndale.

Madison Heights police said southbound and northbound I-75 was closed, and traffic was being redirected to Interstate 696 and major roads including 11, 12, 13 and 14 Mile.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile   Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile Icon_minipostedWed Jul 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Wow, scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile   Tanker Explosion On I-75 At Nine Mile Icon_minipostedSun Jul 19, 2009 6:34 pm

WITH VIDEO
Car's driver: I don't need to apologize

ASSOCIATED PRESS • July 17, 2009

A man who police say lost control of his car along a Detroit area highway and caused a tanker carrying 13,000 gallons of fuel to crash and explode has offered no apology.

Twenty-seven-year-old Saied Haidarian-Shari of Clawson was one of three drivers who escaped Wednesday night’s fiery explosion along I-75 with minor injuries.

When asked Thursday night by WJBK-TV whether he felt he should apologize for the crash that also included a tractor-trailer, Haidarian-Shari said: “No.”

He says, “I don’t think I made a mistake,” adding that he’s given a statement to police.

Crews are removing debris from a collapsed section of bridge over the northbound expressway. The National Transportation Safety Board also is investigating.

No one has been cited.
Video from WJBK-TV