DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night Empty
PostSubject: 30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night   30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night Icon_minipostedMon Jul 13, 2009 1:04 am

ESPN showed an outside the lines segment on Sport Center of the 30th anniversary of Disco Demolition at Comiskey Park in Chicago

That was cool seeing all the fans run on the field and raise hell. I wish fans would storm the field again someday in MLB. But that won't happen; Not when you have teams; especially the Tigers, who have been successful in creating a Disney type atmosphere before, during and after baseball games.

What makes me laugh is how how owners like Mike Ilitch take pride in gearing the ballpark experience so much towards kids and families; Yet they charge so much money for tickets, food and drink; the average family can't even afford to attend a baseball game

I miss the days of the Bleacher Creatures at Tiger Stadium; when tickets were cheap; fans acted rowdy and profane; smuggled in booze, threw stuff at players, smoked pot and stormed the field after winning the pennant in 68, the World Series in 84. and tearing up the field in anger after losing the pennant on the last day of the season in 1967

Those were the days!

Beats the corporate BS and rich familes from Oakland County, Ann Arbor and the Grosse Pointes that make up much of the attendance at Comerica Park today; Many of whom don't cheer or get on their feet unless given the sign by the scoreboard to make noise; roar or get on their feet

And those rich, elite, snobish and dunderheaded liberals will gladly build Ilitch a new hockey arena if the Tigers win the World Series this year;

Give me a break; Let Ilitch build it with his own money

I should have been born at least 20 years earlier; then I be closer to leaving this messed up world and would have enjoyed life so much more than I do now
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night   30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night Icon_minipostedMon Jul 13, 2009 2:19 am

Even 30 years later disco still sucks!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: 30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night   30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night Icon_minipostedMon Jul 13, 2009 3:05 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Even 30 years later disco still sucks!

It does. But it is amazing how much of that stuff still gets played on the radio.

100.3 plays that junk on their flashback Saturday Nights;
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night   30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night Icon_minipostedMon Jul 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Yeah, XM7 (70s music) plays way too much disco.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: 30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night   30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night Icon_minipostedMon Jul 13, 2009 3:16 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Yeah, XM7 (70s music) plays way too much disco.

Even worse there are artists that will borrow or even remake those 70's style disco songs

I hate when someone does a remake of a song that sucked back in the day

Why not be original and do something better

Or even be original but suck lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night   30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

30th Anniversary of Disco Demolition Night
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: