DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison Empty
PostSubject: Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison   Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison Icon_minipostedWed May 06, 2009 2:39 am

Michael Vick and Tony Dungy met Tuesday at the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., where the former star quarterback is imprisoned.

“It was a private meeting between Mike and coach Dungy and a positive meeting,” said Vick’s agent, Joel Segal.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence for bankrolling a dogfighting conspiracy. He is to be transferred May 21 to home confinement in Hampton, Va. Vick is to stay in Hampton through July 31. He’ll work a $10-an-hour construction job as part of his probation.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said Vick must show genuine remorse and demonstrate he has changed if he is to have a chance at reinstatement.

Dungy retired as the Colts’ coach in January, two years after leading Indianapolis to a Super Bowl title. He has long been involved in prison ministries.

“Where my heart is, is really with our young men right now,” Dungy said when he retired. “We have so many guys that didn’t grow up like me, didn’t have their dad there and that’s something I’m very, very interested in.”
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison   Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison Icon_minipostedWed May 06, 2009 2:41 am

He's a convicted felon and they hand him a free $10/hr. job? I'm a college graduate and I can't even get a minimum wage job (STILL waiting to hear back from the state...it's been over a month since that interview, the state is required to notify all interviewees if they are hired or not).

Also, this job is in construction. Isn't the construction industry one of the hardest hit industries out there? I'll bet there's a lot of PETA-approved people that would love that job he's getting. I guess they should go kill some animals or something.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison   Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison Icon_minipostedWed May 06, 2009 5:32 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
He's a convicted felon and they hand him a free $10/hr. job? I'm a college graduate and I can't even get a minimum wage job (STILL waiting to hear back from the state...it's been over a month since that interview, the state is required to notify all interviewees if they are hired or not).

Also, this job is in construction. Isn't the construction industry one of the hardest hit industries out there? I'll bet there's a lot of PETA-approved people that would love that job he's getting. I guess they should go kill some animals or something.

That is the way it is Catbox; rant rant rant Break the Law and get rewarded Thumb Down

However that is what happens when Liberals are in charge of stuff

Conservatives don't give people like Kwame and Vick the Dog Killing Prick jobs but bleeding heart liberal minded people [ like Karmanos] give these assholes jobs ahead of people that play by the rules of society

But that is the way this once great nation is now heading

Right Down the Damn Toilet Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison   Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tony Dungy meets with Michael Vick in prison
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Other Sports/Teams-
Jump to: