DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth Empty
PostSubject: Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth   Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth Icon_minipostedTue May 05, 2009 7:15 pm

By JOHN LOWE • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • May 5, 2009

In conjunction with today's roster moves, manager Jim Leyland shook up the Tigers' lineup.

He moved Curtis Granderson from first to fifth, taking Carlos Guillen's spot behind cleanup man Miguel Cabrera.

He dropped slow-starting Magglio Ordonez from third to sixth.

He put Josh Anderson at leadoff and Clete Thomas in the third spot. Placido Polanco stayed in the second spot.

“We’re trying to shake it up, trying to get something going," Leyland said. "I, obviously, tried to get a little speed up top. One thing I know, there is some energy (at the top). They might run into some outs, but it will be because they’re running.”

Leyland said he has thought Granderson would become a middle-of-the-order hitter at some point. He didn’t say how long Granderson will be hitting fifth this time around.

On OrdoƱez hitting sixth: “We’re trying to get Magglio going a little bit. Obviously, he’s huge for us. Get Magglio out of the focus. Let him settle in and relax a little bit.

“Some (people) are sure going to suggest that you’re panicking. So I’ll explain that. We’re 100 at-bats in. We’ve played quite a bit. ... I don’t think you can keep waiting (for) 200 at-bats. My job is to be creative if things aren’t working ... a few guys are struggling.”

Here's the full lineup for tonight's game against the Twins:

1. Josh Anderson, LF
2. Placido Polanco, 2B
3. Clete Thomas, RF
4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
5. Curtis Granderson, CF
6. Magglio Ordonez, DH
7. Brandon Inge, 3B
8. Gerald Laird, C
9. Ramon Santiago, SS

Starting pitcher: Rick Porcello
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth   Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth Icon_minipostedTue May 05, 2009 8:01 pm

What did he do, pick that lineup out of a hat?

I can understand almost all of the moves, except for Clete 3rd. That's usually reserved for you best hitter, not a rookie who wasn't good enough to make the opening day roster. But what do I know?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth   Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth Icon_minipostedTue May 05, 2009 9:54 pm

I'd have put Granderson third or something.

Clete Thomas is 3-4 today so people will say this was a brilliant move.

Lesson number one in statistics: Just because something works doesn't mean it was the correct thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth   Tigers shake up lineup: Granderson fifth, Ordonez sixth Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: