DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

CALL PEDRO NOW!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 31, 2009 8:47 pm

The Tigers have 3 starting pitchers, Verlander, Jackson and Galarraga. Willis and Bonderman are on the DL. Robertson sucks, Porcello is just a rookie and Bonine is a AAA pitcher. Miner can be the 4th stater, but we need another one. Who's with me?

CALL PEDRO MARTINEZ NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedWed Apr 01, 2009 6:42 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
The Tigers have 3 starting pitchers, Verlander, Jackson and Galarraga. Willis and Bonderman are on the DL. Robertson sucks, Porcello is just a rookie and Bonine is a AAA pitcher. Miner can be the 4th stater, but we need another one. Who's with me?

CALL PEDRO MARTINEZ NOW!!!

But how much does Pedro have left?

I don't see many teams standing in line for his services either
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedSat Jun 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Bump

A. Figaro was a disaster tonight.

CALL PEDRO NOW!!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedSun Jun 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Unless we try to make a deal for Doug Davis.

He would be really easy to acquire.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedTue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Unless we try to make a deal for Doug Davis.

He would be really easy to acquire.

I've been on the trade-for-Doug-Davis bandwagon for awhile now. He won't cost as much as Bedard or Washburn, but he's still effective enough to help us. Plus he's a southpaw, something the Tigers lack in the rotation.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedTue Jun 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Trade for Davis, or Bedard, or both!!!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedTue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 pm

I agree, trade now!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedTue Jun 30, 2009 6:20 pm

If we could deal for both of them that would be awesome.

Verlander
Jackson
Bedard
Davis
Porcello

Rockin!

Fernando Rodney has done well in the pen so far, hasn't blown any, and maybe we could use a new set up, because Zoom hasn't been controlling his pitches at all. Miner is good in the pen, Glarraga hasn't been too great so he could be moved to the pen in case Porcello has a short outing. Seay is good, Lyon has improved greatly, and those would be our most worked arms, so I see mucho bueno pitching if we can get either Bedard, Davis, or both.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 15, 2009 10:17 am

Damn Phillies! rant

http://twitter.com/ToddZolecki/status/2643078677
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Yep, I saw this on mlb network yesterday.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 15, 2009 8:48 pm

New Phillie Pedro out to add to 'legacy'
Martinez feels he can help; might be activated by July 30

By Todd Zolecki / MLB.com

07/15/09 5:05 PM ET

PHILADELPHIA -- Pedro Martinez answered the skeptics with a devilish grin.

"I might surprise you," Martinez said. "I might not. But it's going to be fun. It's going to be really fun to go and find out."

It certainly should be interesting. The Phillies announced Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park they had signed the 37-year-old right-hander to a one-year contract worth $1 million, plus roughly $1.5 million in incentives. Everybody will learn soon enough if Martinez can pitch effectively in the Major Leagues, but he showed how entertaining the ride could be as he answered questions for more than 30 minutes in a lively news conference.

"I bring with me a legacy," Martinez said. "I bring with me my last name. I bring my face. I bring everything I have, my integrity, to this team. ... I'm not going to say anything. I'm just here to prove it. Talking doesn't win games. I want to get between the white lines and see what I can do."

The Phillies placed Martinez on the 15-day disabled list with what they called a mild strain in his right shoulder. The move is more procedural, because Martinez, who has not pitched competitively since the World Baseball Classic in March, is not ready to pitch in the Majors. He will join the Phillies this weekend in Florida for an evaluation before he begins his rehabilitation assignment in Clearwater, Fla. General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said Martinez could be pitching for the Phillies as early as July 30, when he is eligible to be activated for the opener of a four-game series against the Giants in San Francisco.

Philadelphia considers this a low-risk, high-reward move.

It is low risk because the Phillies have committed only $1 million to Martinez, which allows them to continue their pursuit of Blue Jays right-hander Roy Halladay. Amaro, while not addressing Halladay specifically, said the Phillies have flexibility to add salary this season. In other words, if the Phils do not acquire Halladay, it will not be because of his contract. It will be because of the prospects Toronto wants in return, and whether or not Philadelphia is willing to give them up.

It is high reward because the Phils believe Martinez still has something left in his right arm, which means the club would end the pitching carousel at the bottom of its rotation, which has included Rodrigo Lopez, Antonio Bastardo, Chan Ho Park and Andrew Carpenter. Lopez is scheduled to make his next start Monday against the Cubs at Citizens Bank Park, but Martinez is expected to take his place in the rotation.

But how much does Martinez really have left? He went 5-6 with a 5.61 ERA last season with the Mets. He pitched for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic, but in a market where teams are desperate for pitching, he only now found a team to sign him.

"I just wasn't willing to sign a Minor League deal," Martinez said. "I wasn't willing to go to places that I didn't feel comfortable going. I didn't feel like going with some teams ... things like that, things that come into play when you're the kind of player that I am.

"I have already made a career. I don't have a need for anything material that you see out here. I just have the desire to play. I feel like I can play. I'm going to do it, and I'll be the first one to be convinced -- really convinced -- if I can do it or not. If I don't do it, I'm going to go home and take myself out of baseball. But I'm not going to let anybody, any comment, drag me out of baseball. I'm going to do it when I feel it's the right time. If my health fails, I will go. But none of you is going to drag me out."

Phillies assistant to the general manager Charley Kerfeld watched Martinez pitch in the Classic. Kerfeld watched Martinez pitch again last week at the team's baseball academy in the Dominican Republic. Kerfeld liked what he saw, so the Phillies asked Martinez to throw one more time to see how his arm responded. Phillies assistant general manager Benny Looper watched the second session, and he also liked what he saw.

Martinez's fastball ranged from 86 to 91 mph in the first session. It dropped a bit in the second, but Martinez hasn't thrown regularly since the Classic. The Phillies hope his rehab assignment in the Minors builds up his arm strength to allow him to throw more consistently.

"It hasn't been easy for me," Martinez said of his final two seasons with the Mets, which were marred by injuries. "I don't like to make excuses. I gave it up the last few years. I wasn't the same Pedro Martinez that you're accustomed to seeing. I was having surgery. I think I was too brave sometimes. I was stupid sometimes for pitching and knowing that I wasn't in the regular health that you should be in. The last few years have been horrible. I'm not saying horrible because of the results, but because I haven't felt like I wanted to feel.

"I don't expect to be the same Pedro that I was when I was 26. But I still feel like I can still bring something to the table. I still feel like this team needs a little help, very little help, and I think I can supply a little bit of it. I'm not going to say all of it, but a little bit of it."

Martinez could help the Phillies bury the Mets in late August, when the teams meet for a four-game series at Citi Field.

Martinez said he holds no ill will to the Mets. In fact, he said he very much loves the fans there.

Phillies fans might not like hearing that.

"Don't confuse that now," Martinez said of his love for Mets fans. "It could be my mom standing up with a bat, and if I have to back her up ... I'm a very competitive player. Once I step between the white lines, you see me smiling now, but you're not going to see that face when I'm on the field. As far as embracing the Phillies fans, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun, because they seem to be really wild. And I'm a little bit out there, too. I think we're going to match up really well. I'm looking forward to doing that, too.

"But I can't do anything with the hate you feel for the Mets or Mets fans. That's between you guys."

Todd Zolecki is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Can we update his rehab assignment when he starts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALL PEDRO NOW!!!   CALL PEDRO NOW!!! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

CALL PEDRO NOW!!!
Page 1 of 1