DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Empty
PostSubject: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Both the Miracle Twin and US 23 will not open this Spring

Both are up for sale and are expected to be torn down and used as retail development; probably Meijer or Walmart

This is fucking bullshit

Only 7 drive ins [ not including the Compuware temp theatre] are left in Michigan

And rumor has it the Ford Wyoming in Dearborn will close later this year
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Michigan sucks

Gonna have to go to Ohio or Indiana to see a drive in movie before to long
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Not like you will ever see a new one built in Michigan either

Can't have that

Fuck No

Gotta have Meijer; Walmart and Walgreens all over the fucking earth

I hope all those companies rot!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 8:36 pm

All they do is put small business owners out of business and deal in Chinese goods [ Walmart]
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 8:39 pm

There were more than 100 drive ins in Michigan [ Nearly 5.000 nationwide]

Reaching a peak in 1972 with nearly 130 drive ins
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Down to 29 by 1990

Less than 10 in 2009
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Only 400 left today in the United States

And i guess Michigan won't have any in a few more years because this state sucks donkey shit and has that whore Granholm and a bunch of jigs in Detroit wrecking everything

And local governments from Algonac to Zilwaukee that are all NAMBY and NIMBY when it comes to having a drive in and their asinine zoning laws

Last edited by gs78 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Mar 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Nearest drive-in to me remains 30 miles. Only 2 drive-ins within 60 miles of my house.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedWed Mar 25, 2009 7:05 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Nearest drive-in to me remains 30 miles. Only 2 drive-ins within 60 miles of my house.

Won't be any if the Ford Wyoming shuts down

I don't consider the Compuware drive in [ portable screens in the parking lot of the arena a real drive in]

And I wouldn't step foot there if it was

Boycott that idiot Karmanos

I don't care if he built a slew of drive ins

He is an idiot
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedWed Mar 25, 2009 10:40 pm

What's wrong with Karmanos? I mean shouldn't criminals get the first crack at jobs? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 5:31 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
What's wrong with Karmanos? I mean shouldn't criminals get the first crack at jobs? Rolling Eyes

Yeah Right

But Karmanos is a stupid liberal so what you expect

Just like the damn liberal judge who is ordering a woman, who recently killed 4 teenagers in Metro Detroit[ while rriving drunk] for a psych exam

Fuck that shit

Throw that bitch behind bars
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedThu Mar 26, 2009 6:49 pm

I bet Karmanos would hire her for a job too

That moron
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Speaking of Movie Theatres

Rumor has it the Allen Park Movie Theatre will close soon

The last second run movie house in the Area

Where the hell are people supposed to go see a second run movie [ dollar 50 show]

I guess wait until it comes out on DVD

Because most movies right now are not worth paying 8:50 to see them first run
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedSat Mar 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Not are the Drive Ins going Bye Bye

Most Theatres I went to as a teenager or pre teen are gone

Ford Tel

Wyandotte

Quo Vadis

Dearborn Showcase

Lincoln Park 8

Southgate AMC 4 [ stood next to the Fort George Drive In; where Southgate Meijer is now; FUCK MEIJER!}

Showboat in Riverview

Southland 4 inside Southland Mall

All are gone or are vacant like the LP 8 and Dearborn and Ford Tel
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Apr 21, 2009 6:50 pm

It looks like the U.S 23 Twin Drive in will not be torn down;

In fact; according to Michigan Drive Ins.com; The owners of the U.S 23 are looking to lease the theatre to an unnamed person for possibly the next five years;adding two more screens. The screens are rumored to be the ones from the now defunct Sad Pontiac Silverdome temporary drive in

According to Louis Warrington III; The drive in is expected to reopen this summer under new management

Last edited by gs78 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Apr 21, 2009 6:50 pm

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

No wrecking ball for this drive in

In your face Walmart

Last edited by gs78 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Apr 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Now if we just could get someone to build a Drive In Downriver cross fingers pray
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Apr 21, 2009 7:00 pm

That's great news!

Save the drive-ins! Make Wal-Mart build in uninhabited places.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Apr 21, 2009 7:02 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
That's great news!

Save the drive-ins! Make Wal-Mart build in uninhabited places.

Like South America
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue Apr 21, 2009 7:10 pm

I should boycott Wal-Mart and those places but I just can't do it. They sell too much stuff for too cheap. I hate seeing them bulldoze something to make room for the Wal-Mart though.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedWed Apr 22, 2009 6:27 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I should boycott Wal-Mart and those places but I just can't do it. They sell too much stuff for too cheap. I hate seeing them bulldoze something to make room for the Wal-Mart though.

And because Walmart sells cheap stuff

They put a lot of small business owners out of business

Remember Walmart imports most of its stuff from China or India

And people wonder why our economy sucks so bad
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedWed Apr 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Yeah, but I don't like paying more for the same thing I can get at Wal-Mart for less.

Most of what I buy at Wal-Mart is electronics and video games and stuff. Even if the mom and pop stores weren't out of business, that stuff is no more American-made than the version they sell at Wal-Mart.

For other types of things I support local stores. I don't buy clothes at Wal-Mart. We don't buy food at Wal-Mart either.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedThu Apr 23, 2009 7:37 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Yeah, but I don't like paying more for the same thing I can get at Wal-Mart for less.

Most of what I buy at Wal-Mart is electronics and video games and stuff. Even if the mom and pop stores weren't out of business, that stuff is no more American-made than the version they sell at Wal-Mart.

For other types of things I support local stores. I don't buy clothes at Wal-Mart. We don't buy food at Wal-Mart either.

But Walmart still sucks!

As does Meijer
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedMon May 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Update

The U.S 23 opened last Friday

Too bad they tore out the speakers according to the Michigan Drive Ins Forum

I hate listening to Movies on my car radio; [ Like Compuware Drive In which sucks and I am boycotting because it is on hockey arena parking lot of the Plymouth Whalers and an arena named for by Karmanos; who I hope dies and rots in hell]

I rather have speakers

All Drive Ins should have them;

Ford Wyoming has some speakers; But I don't like going there much anymore; It is in the shitty part of East Dearborn; bordering Detroit , too many blacks and Arabs in that area; Hardly any whites; Bad Neighborhood; Not Safe at all!

I miss having a Drive In Downriver

Of course you will never see a new one built in my area; NEVER!

Too many closed minded people, who hate Drive Ins; that run these cities and would never allow one to be built

Stupid Cocksuckers! rant rant rant
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedMon May 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Sunset Drive-In has speakers but I never use them so that doesn't matter to me.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedTue May 12, 2009 5:47 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Sunset Drive-In has speakers but I never use them so that doesn't matter to me.

Why don't you use them?

Beats wasting your car battery listening to your radio [ my radios in my cars suck by the way ] for an entire movie
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedWed May 13, 2009 4:31 am

Sound is better through the car stereo (more speakers). If you turn the car to accessories it shouldn't drain the battery. I've never had a dead battery after the movie so even if it was draining the battery who cares - it charges back up when you drive.

Of course if your car does drain the battery that would be a problem since it's a hassle to get a jump after the movie is over.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedWed May 13, 2009 7:23 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Sound is better through the car stereo (more speakers). If you turn the car to accessories it shouldn't drain the battery. I've never had a dead battery after the movie so even if it was draining the battery who cares - it charges back up when you drive.

Of course if your car does drain the battery that would be a problem since it's a hassle to get a jump after the movie is over.

Either that or bring a radio with me.

But I like speakers; I remember when I was a kid and we went to drive ins; I would play with the speakers before the movie started

Sad most drive ins have done away with them
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedWed May 13, 2009 10:35 pm

You should move here - our drive-in still has speakers and it always shows a double feature. They have a snack shop if you prefer to buy overpriced snacks instead of bringing your own. They also play that "let's all go to the lobby" song before both movies which is always fun.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_minipostedFri May 15, 2009 5:36 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
You should move here - our drive-in still has speakers and it always shows a double feature. They have a snack shop if you prefer to buy overpriced snacks instead of bringing your own. They also play that "let's all go to the lobby" song before both movies which is always fun.

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing   Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Last two drive in movies in the Flint area closing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: