DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The Searchers (1956)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Searchers (1956) Empty
PostSubject: The Searchers (1956)   The Searchers (1956) Icon_minipostedTue Dec 30, 2008 9:15 pm

John Ford's epic western The Searchers tells the story of several men looking for a captured relative. Shortly after the film begins, a group of Indians raids a house, killing all the women except a little girl who they take hostage. Over the course of many years, the protagonists attempt to get her back. I was expecting this film to be fairly interesting, but found the plot to be quite dull.

The star of the film is John Wayne. Wayne comes off as somewhat psychotic during the film, but I wasn't particularly impressed. I found Humphrey Bogart's character in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre to be far more dynamic and better acted. The rest of the cast has some big names like Vera Miles and Natalie Wood, but none of them leave any sort of lasting impression.

Overall, I was very disappointed in this film. The American Film Institute calls this the greatest western ever made. If this film is indeed the best American western ever made, that says little of the ability for the Americans to make western films. I find every western of Sergio Leone's to be far superior especially The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly which betters this film on every level. This has John Wayne so fans of him might want to watch, but I thought this was awful as did contemporary critics.

50/100
F

UP NEXT: Dead Reckoning
Back to top Go down

The Searchers (1956)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: