DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Happy Christmas Tiger Fans

Go down 
+3
gs78
GoGetEmTigers
Yanks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yanks
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger
Yanks

Male
Number of posts : 107
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Farnsworth
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Empty
PostSubject: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedTue Dec 23, 2008 9:03 pm

Happy Christmas youse all
hope you all simply have a wonderful christmastime
and have a fab new year
best wishes to u all

_Yankees fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/callmeyanks
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedTue Dec 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_86vEveryone!

Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 36_15_9Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 36_15_11Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_98Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 36_15_11Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 36_15_9
Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_70vHappy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_98Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_98Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_70v
Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_98Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_98Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_98
Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_81Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_81Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_81Happy Christmas Tiger Fans 8_2_81
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 4:08 am

I can't wait for Opening Day
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 4:11 am

So let's get Christmas over with
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 2:39 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS (eve) EVERYONE!!!!!!!
Big Smile
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 5:13 pm

gs78 wrote:
So let's get Christmas over with

Yeah, really.

The good news is 2 of the 3 people I can't stand aren't going to be here tonight PARTY!

The bad news is they will be here tomorrow Suicide
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 7:01 pm

I solved that problem

I ain't doing anything

I got in to a big war with some of my relatives

I told em all to stuff it

Rather stay home
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 7:03 pm

I just hope we celebrate here and not at my mom's mom's house tomorrow. I have a bedroom here (with a lock!) but don't there.

Why can't Christmas just be my mom, sister, each of their boyfriends, my dad, and my aunt? Why can't we skip the rest?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 7:04 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I just hope we celebrate here and not at my mom's mom's house tomorrow. I have a bedroom here (with a lock!) but don't there.

Why can't Christmas just be my mom, sister, each of their boyfriends, my dad, and my aunt? Why can't we skip the rest?

because people got to fuck things up

That is what ended happening with my family

The hell with it

I am staying home
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 7:05 pm

I got plenty of beer and pretzels
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Good enough for me
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 8:35 pm

I can't wait until I'm older....nobody will be able to force me to attend family gatherings.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 8:54 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
I can't wait until I'm older....nobody will be able to force me to attend family gatherings.

You 21 Cat

Why you being forced now
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 8:56 pm

I probably end up in jail if i showed up at my relatives

Screw them

I hope they all get hit by a semi truck on the way home
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 10:34 pm

12/24/08 10:00 AM EST
Baseball shares best holiday memories
A sampling of personal stories from around the national pastime

MLB.com

In an MLB.com holiday tradition, each of the beat writers conducted a question-and-answer session about this time of year with a player, manager, executive or broadcaster from each organization. The questions and their responses varied from nostalgic and emotional to quirky and amusing.

Here is just a sampling of the responses:

MLB.com: Can you remember a Christmas or two that stand out as maybe your favorite?

Conor Jackson (Diamondbacks): I really liked when we would go back to my grandparents' in Louisiana, and we stayed out on a farm kind of in the middle of nowhere. The more rugged Christmases are a little more fun because you're kind of out of the city life and you're more out in the open. It doesn't really remind you of anything but family and spending time with them.

John Danks (White Sox): Really, it isn't any one thing I remember. I know in watching home videos when my brother and I were young -- and I'm not sure if my sister was born yet -- I was the big, brave older brother and Jordan was the little kid scared of Santa Claus. He was not going to come within 100 feet of him. There are videos of me taking a big leap and sitting on Santa's lap at the mall, and Jordan is crying off to the side with his balloon.

We also watch [National Lampoon's] Christmas Vacation all the time. We keep it within the family. It has been well-documented we are a close-knit family, and we take it to new levels during Christmas.

Frank Coonelly (Pirates president): My most vivid memory of Christmas as a child was the anticipation that I experienced every Christmas Eve. I could never get to sleep quickly and would spend what seemed like hours reading my favorite books, typically the latest Matt Christopher novels, trying to get to sleep. Every time I heard a sound, I swore that it was Santa landing on our roof.

Chris Sampson (Astros):
One year, we went to my grandmother's house in the country, in northeast Texas. It snowed. Growing up in Houston, I'd never played in snow. I always played in shorts with my new toys. So that Christmas will always stand out to me -- we had snow on the ground, I played in the snow, played with my new toys and then had a big dinner.

MLB.com: What's the best Christmas gift you ever received as a kid?

Sergio Romo (Giants): When I was 9 and I got the very first NES -- Nintendo Entertainment System. All my friends had it except for me. But I had to earn it in school. My parents were very strict about grades. Grades were important to them. I couldn't play video games until I got my homework done. So it was kind of like an incentive.

Justin Duchscherer (Athletics):
I grew up in Lubbock, Texas, with two older brothers, Jared and Jason, and when I was 10 years old, my parents had just split before Christmas. And we had no money, so we didn't think we were going to get anything. But my aunt, my mom's sister, who every year before that had sent us a box of See's Candies, sent us a Nintendo video game system, and we all went crazy. I mean, we went from thinking we were getting nothing to getting the best present ever. That's why I'm such a video game junkie to this day.

Steven Shell (Nationals):
My parents bought me this catcher's equipment. They got me shin guards, a chest protector, a face mask and a catcher's glove. I wanted to be a catcher. I was 8 years old when I got the catcher's equipment. I put on all that equipment and I made my dad throw to me. He pitched to me in the yard. That was my favorite gift.

I also got a three-wheeler for Christmas and I liked that, too. It was one of those fancy three-wheelers that is outlawed. I ran it up a chain-link fence and it flipped over. I didn't have it very long. It was sold.

Josh Johnson (Marlins): When I was like 7 or 8, I got a bike. I always wanted a bike, and I got like a BMX bike. It was a really good bike. I'd ride it a lot, but about two months later, it got stolen.

John Rooney (Cardinals announcer):
I really like music a lot and I'm a big Beatles fan. When the Beatles' "White Album" came out, my brother got me that album for Christmas. And when I unwrapped the album, it didn't have the shrink-wrap on it. He'd already taken it out and recorded it!

But mostly I remember just being home, trying to get people all in one place, that's the hard thing. It was always a big day, a huge meal, watch sports on TV, whether it's basketball or football.

Blaine Boyer (Braves): When I was 12 years old, my older brother, Chris, got me an Alaskan malamute/golden retriever mix that we named Boomer. It was my first dog and I'll never forget him. My wife, Gincy, and I have two great dogs now. But no dog will ever replace Boomer.

Joe Nathan (Twins): It probably wasn't even a huge Christmas gift, but when I was younger, I got this little motorcycle handlebar game. I probably remember it so clearly because it made this real loud sound, like a dirt bike. You'd sit there and you'd steer. The game is, like, in front of you and you just had to steer around obstacles. I just remember how loud it was. I'd wake up at 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning because I was excited to have this game. I'd turn it on and start playing and get yelled at every morning. But I couldn't stop playing, and growing up in New York, it was freezing outside, so it's not like I could take it outside and play. So I just kept turning it on and getting yelled at. That's probably the one I remember most.

Chase Headley (Padres):
I think one of my favorite things was when my brother and I got a trampoline. Getting my first bike was one that stood out as well. But the trampoline, that was something we talked about, but I didn't think it was anything I was going to get.

I think one year we asked for a go-cart, but my parents thought that was too risky. So we got a ping-pong table instead.

MLB.com: What's your favorite Christmas song?

Andre Ethier (Dodgers): You can't go wrong with James Taylor Christmas music.

Mike Pelfrey (Mets):
Ah. ... Name some. ... "Joy to the World."

Don Wakamatsu (Mariners manager):
I am more conventional, so probably "White Christmas."

Grant Balfour (Rays):
"Jingle Bells."

Rod Barajas (Blue Jays): Probably "Jingle Bell Rock." Once Thanksgiving ends, my wife pops in the CD and she's got Christmas songs going from that Friday until the new year. I hear that song over and over again and it sticks in your head. Plus it reminds me of "Home Alone," which is one of my favorite movies ever.

MLB.com: How much do the holidays change now that you are a parent?

Kevin Gregg (Cubs): It keeps you young. It's fun and entertaining. There's a lot of excitement that comes out of them. That's what you look forward to, is seeing the smiles on their faces.

Nate Robertson (Tigers):
I guess it's learning the groundwork as far as how we're going to celebrate with our son and being careful as to what we give him and why we give it to him, because there's an opportunity to spoil the heck out of him, and you have to watch yourself when you do something like that. When he grows, he has to understand the value of things. You have the opportunity, especially during Christmas, the season of giving, to teach your kids a lot of things. Even at nine months, you give him a toy and you take it from him, and you can see how quickly he can turn on you.

Brian Bruney (Yankees): My wife used to call me the Grinch because I wasn't into decorating the tree or putting lights on the house and things like that. Now that I've got a 2-year-old daughter, she goes and decorates the tree, but all of the ornaments are two feet high.

It's fun getting to watch them experience everything for the first time. She's into presents and loves tearing them open and decorating the tree and cooking with her mom, things like that. It's nice to go home and everybody gets to see her. They see her less than they see me, so it's definitely nice to go home and let everyone share the joy with you.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Happy Christmas Tiger Fans RIjOyty5

ARI: Conor Jackson
ATL: Blaine Boyer
BAL: Jeremy Guthrie
BOS: M. Delcarmen
CHC: Kevin Gregg
CWS: John Danks
CIN: Jay Bruce
CLE: Ryan Garko
COL: Clint Barmes
DET: Nate Robertson
FLA: Josh Johnson
HOU: Chris Sampson
KC: Trey Hillman
LAA: Ron Roenicke
LAD: Andre Ethier
MIL: Seth McClung
MIN: Joe Nathan
NYM: Mike Pelfrey
NYY: Brian Bruney
OAK: J. Duchscherer
PHI: Jimmy Rollins
PIT: Frank Coonelly
SD: Chase Headley
SF: Sergio Romo
SEA: Don Wakamatsu
STL: John Roney
TB: Grant Balfour
TEX: Ian Kinsler
TOR: Rod Barajas
WAS: Steven Shell
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedWed Dec 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Well, I just got home from a party with my dad's side of the family. The people that we don't like weren't invited, or just didn't show. A bunch of that side of the family don't like my imediate family because we don't really care what they think.

We aren't celebrating with my mom's side until New Years Day. We don't like all of them, but gotta deal with them. Oh well. I love my Uncle and Grandparents Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedThu Dec 25, 2008 12:43 am

I am enjoying my beer right now
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedThu Dec 25, 2008 4:04 am

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

You 21 Cat

Why you being forced now

I guess because I don't have my own place.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedThu Dec 25, 2008 4:06 am

gs78 wrote:
I am enjoying my beer right now

I had martinis tonight.

For clarity they were gin martinis.

For further clarity, a drink without gin is not a martini. Just because it's in a martini glass doesn't make it a martini. If it has anything but gin, vermouth, and an olive/lemon twist it is not a martini. Damn drunks think their appletinis and cosmopolitans are real martinis rant
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedThu Dec 25, 2008 9:37 am

Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Ccdmcbutt
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedThu Dec 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedFri Dec 26, 2008 12:29 am

Happy December 25th!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedFri Dec 26, 2008 3:56 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

You 21 Cat

Why you being forced now

I guess because I don't have my own place.

You need that

or a girlfriend

hang out at her place
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedFri Dec 26, 2008 3:59 am

Actually;

I usually don't get along well with other peoples familes either

When i was married [ briefly] my in laws didn't like me; [ i still hate them today; i couldn't warm up to them if we were cremated together]

And I didn't get along well with the family of the last girl i dated

Oh Well

I like me!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedFri Dec 26, 2008 2:09 pm

gs78 wrote:
Actually;

When i was married [ briefly] my in laws didn't like me; [ i still hate them today; i couldn't warm up to them if we were cremated together]

Oh Well

I like me!

As I get older, I choose my own family.
Too much emotional baggage.
Have to stay clear of my biological relatives for my mental health.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_minipostedFri Dec 26, 2008 5:01 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
gs78 wrote:
Actually;

Oh Well

I like me!

As I get older, I choose my own family.
Too much emotional baggage.
Have to stay clear of my biological relatives for my mental health.

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas Tiger Fans   Happy Christmas Tiger Fans Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas Tiger Fans
Page 1 of 1