DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Empty
PostSubject: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?   What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Icon_minipostedMon Dec 15, 2008 4:57 am

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? is a film starring Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. The film beings with a lengthy prologue. A young version of Bette Davis is a child star while her sister is nothing special. They grow up and the young version of Joan Crawford is a movie star while her sister has faded into obscurity. Crawford's character has it worked into her contract that every film she makes the studio has to make one with her sister despite her sister's lack of talent. Eventually Joan Crawford's character is run over by a car and paralyzed and her sister is blamed. The film then begins. Davis tortures and abuses her sister because her sister is planning on selling the house and putting her in a home. Davis grows fairly insane as the film goes along. Overall, this is sort of Rear Window meets Psycho meets Sunset Boulevard. Unfortunately, this film is vastly inferior to each of those three films.

Bette Davis and Joan Crawford give pretty good performances, but Davis was way too crazy for my liking. She sort of reminded me of a cross between Anthony Perkins and Gloria Swanson, but it just didn't work for me. Crawford was less interesting, but did a good job playing a paraplegic I suppose.

Overall, this was a boring film. It won an Oscar for best costume design and was nominated for a few others but won none of those. The film was sort of suspenseful, although the climactic ending was way too slow-moving and a little disappointing. If you like Bette Davis it might be worth a viewing, but I'd say skip it.

55/100
F

UP NEXT: To be determined
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?   What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Icon_minipostedMon Dec 15, 2008 8:33 am

ok this movie has a horrible rateing and i have seen this before its not really good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?   What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Icon_minipostedMon Dec 15, 2008 8:34 am

For some reason, I think its impossible for Cat to like many movies.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?   What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Icon_minipostedMon Dec 15, 2008 4:07 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
For some reason, I think its impossible for Cat to like many movies.

Nonsense. I have given out 2 scores of at least 90 in the last 2 weeks (Lawrence of Arabia and The Grand Illusion). The average movie gets about a 72 or so from me.

Too many critics give out too many high/perfect scores. I like some variability....a horrible movie and brilliant movie need to differ by a large amount to reflect the huge difference in quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?   What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: