DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Aquilino Lopez gone

Go down 
+3
mrsrabelo
bobrob2004
laprimamirala
7 posters
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Aquilino Lopez gone Empty
PostSubject: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Tigers don't offer Aquilino Lopez contract
BY JON PAUL MOROSI • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • December 13, 2008

The Tigers did not tender a contract to reliever Aquilino Lopez before Friday's midnight deadline, making him a free agent.
Lopez went 4-1 with a 3.55 ERA in 48 games with Detroit this season.

The team had interest in bringing back Lopez, but not at the salary he would have earned through arbitration. When the sides could not come to terms on a less expensive deal, the Tigers cut him.

Lopez, 33, is now eligible to sign with all 30 teams, including the Tigers.

Lap's Comment: Any thoughts on this gang? GET BRIAN FUENTES from the Rockies!! has he signed up with anyone yet?
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Wave :lopez:
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Bye-bye Aqui.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 6:03 pm

he did well though...wonder why we couldn't sign him again?
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 6:14 pm

They may try, but he wanted more than they felt he was worth.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 6:48 pm

I mean, with that average, and he was 4-1, I would think I was worth something too! definitely more than Mr. Nate.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 7:34 pm

I simply love it how we get rid of one of the best players in our pen.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Free agent Fuentes sees fit in Angels
Detroit, Milwaukee and St. Louis also have interest in closer

MILWAUKEE -- The top ninth-inning man left on the free-agent market told his hometown newspaper that he'd prefer to stay close to home.
Outgoing Rockies closer Brian Fuentes said he sees "a great fit" with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in a Saturday report in the Merced Sun-Star. Fuentes was born and raised in Merced, Calif., which is due east of San Jose and about 300 miles from Angel Stadium.

The other leading contenders for Fuentes' services would require considerably more time on the highway. They include St. Louis (1,645 miles from Merced to Busch Stadium, according to Google Maps), Milwaukee (1,750 miles to Miller Park) and Detroit (2,000 miles to Comerica Park).

"Anaheim would be a great fit, being a California kid," Fuentes told the newspaper. "That would be my first choice."

The 33-year-old left-hander also said he wouldn't mind the Cardinals. They are managed by Tony La Russa, who took over as A's manager just before Fuentes' 11th birthday in 1986. Merced is about a two-hour drive from Oakland.

The Cardinals do appear very interested. La Russa told reporters at the Winter Meetings that "he's the guy who was our first choice."

Fuentes was not asked specifically about the Brewers and Tigers, two other teams in need of a closer. But officials from both clubs met with his agent, Rick Thurman, at the Winter Meetings. Both Milwaukee GM Doug Melvin and Detroit DM Dave Dombrowski, though, expressed reservations about paying something in the neighborhood of $10 million per year for a closer.

Two teams are definitely off the list. The Indians finalized a deal with former Cub Kerry Wood on Friday, a few days after the Mets sealed a deal with former Angel Francisco Rodriguez.

Rodriguez's deal reportedly will pay $37.5 million over three years. Fuentes is also set on a three-year deal, according to one of the GMs who has inquired, and it remains to be seen whether the Angels are willing to go there after letting their own guy -- Rodriguez -- go without much of a fight.

The Angels also appear busy with other matters. General manager Tony Reagins confirmed Friday night that his team had submitted an eight-year offer to slugging first baseman Mark Teixeira. The Angels are also pursuing a trade with the Padres for ace starter Jake Peavy that would involve taking on significant payroll.

"It's a bit of a waiting game right now," Fuentes told the Sun-Star. "Early on, we had five or six teams in the mix, but since then, there have been a couple of teams who have picked up closers. Am I worried? No, I'm not worried. It's a good thing, actually.

"In one sense, there are two teams gone, but it also narrows the field down a little bit. I'm the last top-end closer left. There are some other closers out there, but not many with my kind of experience or the track record I've had."

Fuentes saved 115 games for the Rockies, including 111 in the past four seasons. He notched 30 saves with a career-best 2.73 ERA in 2008.

Now he's playing the waiting game.

"It's tough. You wait a long time to have this kind of leverage and have some idea where you're going," Fuentes told the newspaper. "Now that it's here, I feel like I've put myself in a good position, but ... I'm unemployed. I haven't hooked up with a team yet, so there is a shadow of doubt there.

"Where am I going to move my family? When do I pack my things? Where am I going to pitch next? You just don't know."

Adam McCalvy is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 7:50 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
They may try, but he wanted more than they felt he was worth.

Tigers raise ticket prices

But can't sign Lopez

Let alone any big name free agents

This is BS
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 7:51 pm

Hope Ilitch enjoys seeing empty seats at Comerica

Especially if the Tigers start slow
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Ick, and Kerry Wood is now with the Indians.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 7:55 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Ick, and Kerry Wood is now with the Indians.

I guess charging prime tickets for 21 games was not enough to sign Wood

Maybe Ilitch would have had more money if he did 31 games
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Geez, sounds like DD has written 2009 off already. I mean, we didn't even try for Fuentes. And Nate is NOT a closer.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedSun Dec 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Bunch of BS
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 12:27 am

Don't worry, Wood will be injured before June.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aquilino Lopez gone   Aquilino Lopez gone Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Aquilino Lopez gone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: