DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout

Go down 
+3
GoGetEmTigers
gs78
bobrob2004
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:46 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
Well I don't glame the owner of the trade center for canceling him.

I wouldn't go if he was there after he pretty much said Censored you Detroit workers who's jobs will all be affected by this. He doesn't have to care, he won't be affected because he is rich.

I do

Be a cold day in Hell before I buy anything there again
I'll be working up there this weekend. And I'm glad Jim Bunning won't be in there any time soon.

And neither will I

I don't care if they were giving away free cases of beer

Bunning should be praised for not loaning tax money to an industry that has wasted billions since last summer
Yay. Jim Bunning just made even more people lose jobs. Now I'm excited.

Spoiler:

But the fact the Big 3 has wasted billions of dollars is not a factor

If they hadn't wasted money; they would not be in this mess
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:46 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

I wouldn't go if he was there after he pretty much said Censored you Detroit workers who's jobs will all be affected by this. He doesn't have to care, he won't be affected because he is rich.

I don't think it had anything to do with the Detroit workers. He's from Kentucky so he shouldn't care about the people of one city in a state he's not representing. The auto industry has a big impact in Michigan but very little outside of there. Other than my uncle (who lives in Michigan) I don't know a single person who works for the auto industry. I'd venture to guess Kentucky is similar to California in that regard.
Alright, then if he isn't affected by it, doesn't understandit, and really doesn't care, then we don't need him here.

What is your opinion on coal fields?
The Eastern Mountain Cold Fields (located in Kentucky) are the most productive cold fields in that nation. That is what Bunning should be concerned with.

I think Bunning understands the situation

It is the C.E.Os; Executives. Labor Leaders and the UAW that don't
You mean the workers that can't feed their families?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

That is the main reason people are losing jobs
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

I do

I'll be working up there this weekend. And I'm glad Jim Bunning won't be in there any time soon.

And neither will I

Bunning should be praised for not loaning tax money to an industry that has wasted billions since last summer

Spoiler:

Wasted. Past tense. So now they need help. If they have the inteligence of a 5 year old they understand they have made mistakes and need to fix them. And without the LOAN, they can't do that.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:48 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
TG wrote:

I don't think it had anything to do with the Detroit workers. He's from Kentucky so he shouldn't care about the people of one city in a state he's not representing. The auto industry has a big impact in Michigan but very little outside of there. Other than my uncle (who lives in Michigan) I don't know a single person who works for the auto industry. I'd venture to guess Kentucky is similar to California in that regard.
Alright, then if he isn't affected by it, doesn't understandit, and really doesn't care, then we don't need him here.

What is your opinion on coal fields?
The Eastern Mountain Cold Fields (located in Kentucky) are the most productive cold fields in that nation. That is what Bunning should be concerned with.

I think Bunning understands the situation

It is the C.E.Os; Executives. Labor Leaders and the UAW that don't
You mean the workers that can't feed their families?

Why is that Bunning's fault?

The Government is supposed to just loan billions of dollars without any accountability
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:49 pm

gs78 wrote:

They are losing jobs because the company made MISTAKES. you have made mistakes. I have made mistakes. Their company has had problems and now they need to correct them. Without the loan everyone loses their jobs, the company is destroyed, and what do those people do? Starve to death.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:50 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:

I do

And neither will I

Spoiler:

Wasted. Past tense. So now they need help. If they have the inteligence of a 5 year old they understand they have made mistakes and need to fix them. And without the LOAN, they can't do that.

I wish I could waste lots of money

And get a loan with no questions asked
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:51 pm

gs78 wrote:

The Government is supposed to just loan billions of dollars without any accountability
I didn't say it was his fault.

He voted against people having jobs. Of the company being fixed so the citizens of this country who pay their taxes to the government can work. But he doesn't care, it doesn't affect him.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:52 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

They are losing jobs because the company made MISTAKES. you have made mistakes. I have made mistakes. Their company has had problems and now they need to correct them. Without the loan everyone loses their jobs, the company is destroyed, and what do those people do? Starve to death.

Who says everyone will lose their jobs

The Big 3 can declare bankruptcy and stay in business

Or they could merge or find a foreign buyer
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:52 pm

gs78 wrote:

Waste? More like make cars. People don't buy them and what do they do? Sure, they should have made better models for the economy or whatever, but they never will without a loan.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:54 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

He voted against people having jobs. Of the company being fixed so the citizens of this country who pay their taxes to the government can work. But he doesn't care, it doesn't affect him.

He voted against a loan with no strings attached or accountability

The Big 3 can no longer do business as they used to do

They have to change from top to bottom
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:55 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Waste? More like make cars. People don't buy them and what do they do? Sure, they should have made better models for the economy or whatever, but they never will without a loan.

Most people can't afford new cars regardless

Giving out a 15 billion loan won't change that
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:55 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

MANY people have lost their jobs. My mother has come home crying because some of her best friends have lost their jobs. My friends parents have lost their jobs. You watch the news and hear them talking about why this matters, and it's because so many people HAVE lost their jobs.

And great. Lets sell to a foreign buyer. Now we have all the Japanse people working instead of us. Aren't we generous.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:56 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

He voted against a loan with no strings attached or accountability

The Big 3 can no longer do business as they used to do

They have to change from top to bottom
A loan must be payed back. Isn't that considered accountability. They are paying it back, they just need it to get back on their feet.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:56 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

People can't afford cars because they lost their jobs....
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:57 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

MANY people have lost their jobs. My mother has come home crying because some of her best friends have lost their jobs. My friends parents have lost their jobs. You watch the news and hear them talking about why this matters, and it's because so many people HAVE lost their jobs.

And great. Lets sell to a foreign buyer. Now we have all the Japanse people working instead of us. Aren't we generous.

The Japanese already own much of this country

Like I said earlier

Biggest mistake we made was helping them rebuild after WW2
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Like I said earlier

So what, just give them all of it? They own most of it so are we just going to give up? No.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

But even if they had jobs; how many of them can afford 35 or 40 grand for a car
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Like I said earlier

So what, just give them all of it? They own most of it so are we just going to give up? No.

We are getting beat at our own game

Capitalism
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:01 pm

I am against socialism

But i rather see Obama spend 15 billion creating new jobs than giving out 15 billion to an industry that runs things like it was the 1950s
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:01 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

But even if they had jobs; how many of them can afford 35 or 40 grand for a car
We don't know that it will cost that much. We don't know that they don't have a plan to make a less expensive, more affordable car. In addition.... Even if people can't afford new cars they still need something to drive. Cars get old and brake down, and eventually you do need a new one.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:02 pm

gs78 wrote:
I am against socialism

But i rather see Obama spend 15 billion creating new jobs than giving out 15 billion to an industry that runs things like it was the 1950s
And how exactly do you expect him to create new jobs?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:03 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Like I said earlier

If the Japanese offered your family 10 times what your house is worth

Wouldn't your family sell

How is that giving something up
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
I am against socialism

I don't know perhaps the way FDR created jobs during the Great Depression
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:05 pm

gs78 wrote:

I want the Japanese out of this country. And my house isn't a business. My house isn't the way many people make a living, which we are selling and sending to another company.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:06 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
I am against socialism

It is a different time though. And a different situation. If we can avoid entering another Great Depression, why would we say no to that?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:07 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

I want the Japanese out of this country. And my house isn't a business. My house isn't the way many people make a living, which we are selling and sending to another company.

Even Japanese baseball players lol2

I understand where you coming from

I don't like seeing the Asians dominate the world economy either
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:08 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

haha. Okay Japenese baseball players are a little bit different.... somehow. haha
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:10 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
I am against socialism

It is a different time though. And a different situation. If we can avoid entering another Great Depression, why would we say no to that?

We are already in a depression

But the Big 3 can't continue to pay 6 figure salaries to blue collar workers and millions to white collar workers; producing a product that is out of reach for many families

You could loan all the money in the world and it won't fix the problem
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

haha. Okay Japenese baseball players are a little bit different.... somehow. haha

Tigers don't have any

scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout   Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Jim Bunning Voted Against Auto Bailout
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: