DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I am back on the Tigers message board

Go down 
+5
GoGetEmTigers
TG
detroitwings82
bobrob2004
gs78
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 pm

I felt like starting some Anti Obama threads

But someone beat me too it over there

Just as well

I don't have time to respond to the dozens of E-mails I will get from the Obama lovers out there

You can't reason with liberal stupidity anyway
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 22, 2009 7:55 pm

There are still negative Obama Threads on their message board

Why is it when I start something similar

I get banned

Stupid Mods
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 22, 2009 8:38 pm

As of 7:38pm Detroit Time

The threads are still there
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 22, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm getting sick of the Obama hype now.

I voted for him but I'm really getting tired of hearing about him. I wouldn't care if people were talking about him because of policy or whatever, but they act like he's a movie star or something. I don't care about his kids, what type of fashion his wife has, or what a great guy he is. I voted for him because I care about the policies he'll make. I don't care if his kids are interesting or not and I don't care if his wife dresses well. He could have no kids and a 600 pound wife who wears Wal-Mart pajamas for all I care.

He isn't a hero until he accomplishes something - that's how it works.

Stupid shit like this is why I wanted Clinton to win the Democratic nomination - she'd be less of a celebrity...sort of.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 pm

In her "speech" at the State Department today, she sounded like she was still in campaign mode!
I'm tired of the O-bama O-rgasm as well. Time to get to work.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 22, 2009 9:12 pm

We had a debate about that in my history class. It was me and my friend Brittany against the entire rest of the class (30 something people). We all thought it was stupid to make such a big deal about it if he hasn't done anything yet. He needs to actually act before everyone can say he will be the best president ever.

It was actually a really interesting debate. Other than me being called a racist about 80,000 times. Whatever. One of my best friends is black you can't call me a racist.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 22, 2009 9:14 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
In her "speech" at the State Department today, she sounded like she was still in campaign mode!

The O-bama what?! Jaw Drop
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 pm

well...Big Smile
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 22, 2009 10:07 pm

He hasn't even passed any ultra left-wing legislation yet. Then again, I don't think he's all that liberal - that's my main complaint with him. I wouldn't call him conservative obviously, but he could still be a lot further left. Oh well, if you get too left-wing nobody will elect you.

I thought he was going to change it so planned parenthood clinics that offer abortion could receive federal funding. Bush I said they couldn't, Clinton said they could, Bush II said they couldn't, and Obama said he's say they could. I thought he was supposed to do that in the first day or two - all the other guys changed it after a day or two.

Everyone is too focused on the economy. Sure it sucks, but I don't think one guy is going to make a difference one way or the other. Might as well focus on the social issues.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Jan 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Here's something...

Officials: Obama to reverse abortion policy

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama plans to sign an executive order ending the ban on federal funds for international groups that promote or perform abortions, officials told The Associated Press on Friday.

The move, long expected in the Democratic president's first week in office, will be welcomed by liberals and criticized by abortion rights foes.

The policy bans U.S. taxpayer money, usually in the form of U.S. Agency for International Development funds, from going to international family planning groups that either offer abortions or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion. It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that even talk about abortion if there is an unplanned pregnancy.

Also known as the "Mexico City policy," it has been reinstated and then reversed by Republican and Democratic presidents since GOP President Ronald Reagan established it in 1984. President Bill Clinton ended the ban in 1993, but President George W. Bush re-instituted it in 2001 as one of his first acts in office.

The Democratic official and senior U.S. official who disclosed the plans did so on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to pre-empt Obama's announcement.

Obama was expected to sign the executive order at a low-key event, one day after the 36th anniversary of the landmark Supreme Court ruling in Roe v. Wade that legalized abortion.

The move was not a surprise as both Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who will oversee foreign aid, had promised to do away with the gag rule during the presidential campaign. Clinton is to visit the U.S. Agency for International Development, through which much U.S. foreign aid is disbursed, later on Friday.

Obama has spent his first days in office systematically signing executive orders reversing Bush administration policies on issues ranging from foreign policy to government operations. But, save for ending the ban, Obama has largely refrained from wading into ideological issues, perhaps to avoid being tagged a traditional partisan from the outset after his campaign promises to change "business as usual" in the often partisan-gridlocked capital.

Rather, Obama has chosen to focus initially on issues in which there is consensus across the political spectrum and support from the public, such as closing the prison camp for suspected terrorists at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to making government documents more accessible.

Organizations that had pressed Obama to make the abortion-ban change were jubilant.

"Women's health has been severely impacted by the cutoff of assistance. President Obama's actions will help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, abortions and women dying from high-risk pregnancies because they don't have access to family planning," said Tod Preston, a spokesman for Population Action International, an advocacy group.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Jan 23, 2009 2:24 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

I voted for him but I'm really getting tired of hearing about him. I wouldn't care if people were talking about him because of policy or whatever, but they act like he's a movie star or something. I don't care about his kids, what type of fashion his wife has, or what a great guy he is. I voted for him because I care about the policies he'll make. I don't care if his kids are interesting or not and I don't care if his wife dresses well. He could have no kids and a 600 pound wife who wears Wal-Mart pajamas for all I care.

Stupid shit like this is why I wanted Clinton to win the Democratic nomination - she'd be less of a celebrity...sort of.

I agree 100 percent Cat

But try telling the Obamamanics on the other board that

And the Mods will ban or suspend you

And you might be called racist [ by black people] for saying that

rant rant rant

That is the biggest problem I have with Obama running the show

Whites can't criticize him because we will be seen as racist
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Jan 23, 2009 2:24 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

applaud
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Jan 23, 2009 2:26 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
He hasn't even passed any ultra left-wing legislation yet. Then again, I don't think he's all that liberal - that's my main complaint with him. I wouldn't call him conservative obviously, but he could still be a lot further left. Oh well, if you get too left-wing nobody will elect you.

I thought he was going to change it so planned parenthood clinics that offer abortion could receive federal funding. Bush I said they couldn't, Clinton said they could, Bush II said they couldn't, and Obama said he's say they could. I thought he was supposed to do that in the first day or two - all the other guys changed it after a day or two.

Everyone is too focused on the economy. Sure it sucks, but I don't think one guy is going to make a difference one way or the other. Might as well focus on the social issues.

He gonna do the same BS that Clinton did as President

Yet Obama will get a 2nd term because the liberal media will blame Bush for all the problems the next four years
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 pm

TG wrote:
We had a debate about that in my history class. It was me and my friend Brittany against the entire rest of the class (30 something people). We all thought it was stupid to make such a big deal about it if he hasn't done anything yet. He needs to actually act before everyone can say he will be the best president ever.

It was actually a really interesting debate. Other than me being called a racist about 80,000 times. Whatever. One of my best friends is black you can't call me a racist.

You just proved my point in my above post

high 5
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I agree 100 percent Cat

rant rant rant

I'm not criticizing him so much as I'm criticizing everyone else for acting like he's a combination of the second coming of FDR and the biggest movie star ever.

So far the only thing he has accomplished is allowing planned parenthood centers that offer abortion federal funding. While that's a good move, it's nothing praise-worthy - Clinton did it, too but a day earlier in his Presidency.

Given that, I'd say Clinton's first two days as President were better than Obama's first two. Of course Obama still has lots of time to get left-wing agenda passed and I do think he's a lot more liberal than Clinton was, just not liberal enough socially.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Jan 23, 2009 2:39 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I agree 100 percent Cat

rant rant rant

I'm not criticizing him so much as I'm criticizing everyone else for acting like he's a combination of the second coming of FDR and the biggest movie star ever.

So far the only thing he has accomplished is allowing planned parenthood centers that offer abortion federal funding. While that's a good move, it's nothing praise-worthy - Clinton did it, too but a day earlier in his Presidency.

Given that, I'd say Clinton's first two days as President were better than Obama's first two. Of course Obama still has lots of time to get left-wing agenda passed and I do think he's a lot more liberal than Clinton was, just not liberal enough socially.

You can't criticize Obama's sheep [ His mass suppporters] either
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 pm

I am really starting to get pissed

Those anti Obama threads are still there

Not that I am mad about that [ Obama Sucks!]

But if it were me that started them; I would have been banned the same day I posted the thread
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 pm

Stupid Tiger.com Mods
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am back on the Tigers message board   I am back on the Tigers message board - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I am back on the Tigers message board
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3