DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Empty
PostSubject: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedTue Nov 18, 2008 2:13 am

The Officials blew a replay call for the Steelers at the end of their 11-10 victory over the Chargers

Steelers should have gotten a TD

Much to the displeasure of Fantasy Football Players and Las Vegas bettors

First Time a game has ended in a 11-10 score in NFL History
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedTue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 am

the reason they took the touchdown away was the officals were saying the backwards latteral that it was"was a front wards latteral" and they called the ball a dead ball.. it is gay and they should of gotthe touchdown but.. hey they still won! and .. it made history
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedTue Nov 18, 2008 9:42 am

Whatever. The Chargers outplayed the Steelers in my eyes, not really, but they should have won.

I wouldnt even lateral that close, I would throw a moderate yardage pass then lateral.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedTue Nov 18, 2008 5:45 pm

i agree dude but they thought they could lateral it all the way down field and make a touchdown.. but guess that didnt work out well for them
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedTue Nov 18, 2008 6:20 pm

detroitwings82 wrote:
i agree dude but they thought they could lateral it all the way down field and make a touchdown.. but guess that didnt work out well for them

Neutral
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedWed Nov 19, 2008 8:34 am

detroitwings82 wrote:

No shit, not against the Steelers, they have Polomalu, and Harrison, Im glad he gradumacated from our school, it actually put us on the radar.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedThu Nov 20, 2008 11:20 pm

ya we arnt just some little school no more.. and he has done some nice stuff for us.. like buy us a new track, sponsored cleats, new score boards and bleachers!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedFri Nov 21, 2008 6:41 pm

gs78 wrote:

First Time a game has ended in a 11-10 score in NFL History

It turns out such a game isn't that exciting....

click
Pro Football Reference.com wrote:

Much has been made of the fact that the Steelers-Chargers game last Sunday was the first 11-10 game ever. Let’s call this a singular game as there has been but one. Just how unique is a singular game? It turns out, not very.

In order to answer this question, I whipped up a few new tools in the PFR Box Scores area. We now have a tool that summarizes every game score in pro football history (including playoff games), one that will show you every 20-3 game in NFL history (with links to the box scores when possible of course) and even one that shows you all of the scores that haven’t occurred (up to a 50-50 tie).

Sunday’s game was the first 11-10 score in pro football history, but this year, we’ve also seen the first: 48-25, 48-29, 56-35, 40-26, 48-41, 37-32, and 47-3 games.

Given that there are 263 singular games in pro football history out of 978 scoring combinations ever achieved (and about 13,500 games total, including the playoffs), this isn’t all that rare of an event. One in thirteen games was singular at the time it was played and one in fifty still is singular. Given those numbers and that the NFL plays 256 regular season games (plus the playoffs), one should expect around five such games a year for the foreseeable future especially as teams score more points and have the option of two-point conversions as well.

Which scores happen most often?

Score Times
20-17 218
17-14 177
27-24 156
13-10 144
24-17 126
0-0 71

While football fans in Europe might be used to 0-0 ties, American football fans haven’t seen one since Nov. 7, 1943 (the 71st ever).

Are we in danger of running out of singular games? Not any time soon, there are still lots of scores left to happen. If we count up to a 50-50 tie game, there are 402 combinations (out of 1,275 possible) we haven’t yet seen. Of course, some of those scores are ridiculously unlikely to occur. For example, only once has a team scored four points in a game (the Racine Legion beat the Chicago Cardinals 10-4 on Nov. 25, 1923). If I was a betting man, I might bet that the next singular game would be a 49-42 game. That is the only all touchdown game (under 50-50) that hasn’t occurred. Other possibilities: 8-7, 9-8, 9-9, or 17-2.

For the scores that have never happened, Click Here
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedFri Nov 21, 2008 7:29 pm

I would love to see a 0-0 Tie Game in the NFL

Lowest Tie Game Score since the NFL went to OT

Was the 7-7 tie between the Giants and Redskins on Nov, 23 1997
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedFri Nov 21, 2008 7:30 pm

Used to have 0-0 Ties sometimes in the NHL until they went to the stupid ass shootouts
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedFri Nov 21, 2008 7:50 pm

ya i knw i hate shoot outs kasue it kan fucka teem ovre so quickly. and ya that would be sweet to see a 0-0 score.. ity could happen with the pats vs. steelers or the steelers vs. titans
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedFri Nov 21, 2008 7:52 pm

detroitwings82 wrote:
ya i knw i hate shoot outs kasue it kan fucka teem ovre so quickly. and ya that would be sweet to see a 0-0 score.. ity could happen with the pats vs. steelers or the steelers vs. titans

That be cool
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedFri Nov 21, 2008 7:54 pm

i knw right
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedSun Nov 23, 2008 7:12 pm

The Bills beat the Chiefs 54-31......

That is the first-ever 54-31 score in NFL history.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 8:30 am

I simply love it how you just know all of this, all the random scores and what not.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 2:24 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
The Bills beat the Chiefs 54-31......

That is the first-ever 54-31 score in NFL history.

Poor Chiefs
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Chiefs fans are probably saying;

Where have you gone Len Dawson?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Chiefs haven't been in a Super Bowl since Dawson was QB
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 3:27 pm

gs78 wrote:

And the Lions haven't won a Super Bowl since...oh wait. Never mind.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 3:38 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Frown

Go Lions!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 6:06 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Frown

Go Lions!
Spoiler:

I knew I would get those kind of comments
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Why do I even post things sometimes? scratch
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedMon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Frown

Go Lions!
Spoiler:

I knew I would get those kind of comments

They will never win a super bowl or get to one let alone evn win a stinking gaem..gosh our schools football team is bad and we still on games
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_minipostedTue Nov 25, 2008 8:31 am

gs78 wrote:
Why do I even post things sometimes? scratch

Its ok gs, I'll root for the Lions with ya.

Just eh, not quite on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!   NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

NFL Replay Rules to be tweaked!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: