DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals   Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals Icon_minipostedMon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Sources: Nats deal Bonifacio, minor leaguers for Marlins' Willingham, Olsen

The Washington Nationals began their rebuilding process Monday, agreeing to a trade for left fielder Josh Willingham and lefty starter Scott Olsen of the Florida Marlins for a package of players.

The Nats traded away second baseman Emilio Bonifacio, who hit .243 in 49 games last season, and two minors leaguers in pitcher P.J. Dean and shortstop Jake Smolinski, sources told ESPN's Peter Gammons.

Olsen, went 8-11 with a 4.20 ERA in 33 starts for the Marlins last year, while Willingham -- who can also play first base -- hit .254 with 15 homers.

Bonaficio is a career .240 hitter, who was traded to Washington for Jon Rauch by Arizona last season. His quickness fills Florida's need to improve its right-side defense.

Dean went 4-1 with a 1.57 ERA in 10 starts in the Gulf Coast League last season while Smolinski hit .306 in the New York-Penn League.

Peter Gammons covers baseball for ESPN.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals   Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals Icon_minipostedMon Nov 10, 2008 10:36 pm

If SoulRat ever logged on she'd be ever-so-pissed to hear Scotty O is gone.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals   Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals Icon_minipostedTue Nov 11, 2008 3:01 am

catbox_9 wrote:
If SoulRat ever logged on she'd be ever-so-pissed to hear Scotty O is gone.

Nod
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals   Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals Icon_minipostedSat Nov 15, 2008 8:50 pm

Seconded!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals   Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals Icon_minipostedMon Jan 05, 2009 1:14 pm

I was stunned when I read this, I knew Scotty O would be traded cause he's worth more now and the fish are too stupid to pay him more than league min.... but the NATIONALS?? omg, c'mon No

No wonder I'm depressed LMAO I know this is old news, but it still makes me ill. Poor Scotty No
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals   Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals Icon_minipostedMon Jan 05, 2009 1:18 pm

You do realize I will now have to follow the stupid Nats and will need a forum.... omg puke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals   Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Florida deals Willingham, Olsen to Nationals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: Washington Nationals-
Jump to: