DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board

Go down 
+4
tigersaint
gdennis59
catbox_9
gs78
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:35 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:
Ha. Bryons (redwings82) got on this shirt that has a pic of Obama and it says "Obama is my homeboy" lol2
Head Slap
If people actually researched everything as well as I have... I'm thinking Obama would NOT have won.

And the Liberal Media prevented the truth from being heard
Of course it did. If anyone really wanted the truth they had to look for it. They turn on the tv and all they here is Obama is AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:35 pm

And the Mods banned me

But people are still sending me messages
I can't read

Probably more threats
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:36 pm

threats?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:39 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:
Ha. Bryons (redwings82) got on this shirt that has a pic of Obama and it says "Obama is my homeboy" lol2
Head Slap
If people actually researched everything as well as I have... I'm thinking Obama would NOT have won.

And the Liberal Media prevented the truth from being heard
Of course it did. If anyone really wanted the truth they had to look for it. They turn on the tv and all they here is Obama is AMAZING.

Still talking about Obama

Some Black Guy on either CNN or CNBC is talking about how he had images of slavery and segregated schools when Obama was elected

Just proves blacks will never let slavery, segregation and Jim Crow go

No matter how what;

You could give every black a million dolllars, a new house, car and free college education

And you would still have people bringing up the past
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:41 pm

TG wrote:
threats?

I have been getting threats from people on the Mlb.com boards

And You Tube

People want to put a cap in my cracker ass

telling me to go fuck my sister

calling me an inbred

One Muslim on YouTube

wants to sodomize me and drink my blood
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:42 pm

gs78 wrote:

Some Black Guy on either CNN or CNBC is talking about how he had images of slavery and segregated schools when Obama was elected

No matter how what;

You could give every black a million dolllars, a new house, car and free college education

Someone actually mentioned something about that at school today. But what they said made a lot of sense....

One good thing about having Obama as president is that the black people can't complain. They were elected over a white man. They can't complain that they aren't being treated fairly. (Even though they prolly will anyway)
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:43 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
threats?

I have been getting threats from people on the Mlb.com boards

And You Tube

People want to put a cap in my cracker ass

telling me to go fuck my sister

calling me an inbred

One Muslim on YouTube

wants to sodomize me and drink my blood
:haha: sorry that really isn't funny but it's pointless threatening someone you have never met before and will never meet when you are online.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:44 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

No matter how what;

Someone actually mentioned something about that at school today. But what they said made a lot of sense....

One good thing about having Obama as president is that the black people can't complain. They were elected over a white man. They can't complain that they aren't being treated fairly. (Even though they prolly will anyway)

They will always complain

The Sharpton's, Farrahkan's, Jackson's and other poverty pimps living depends on it
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:48 pm

gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

No matter how what;

The Sharpton's, Farrahkan's, Jackson's and other poverty pimps living depends on it
They will, I know that from experience of being called a racist for stupid stuff. They complain that I don't like them because they are black and they get less rights or whatever. But I still think that at least there will be a few less people complaining.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 pm

TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:
TG wrote:
gs78 wrote:

No matter how what;

They will, I know that from experience of being called a racist for stupid stuff. They complain that I don't like them because they are black and they get less rights or whatever. But I still think that at least there will be a few less people complaining.

Another thing;

How come no criticizes all the black votes in California that helped ban gay marriage

But when Whites vote against Gay Rights

They are labeled as homophobic
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Well of course Rolling Eyes

There are waaay too many double standards.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:55 pm

TG wrote:
Well of course Rolling Eyes

There are waaay too many double standards.

And that is all that I tried to point out on MLB>com boards and You Tube

And I get banned

But people that make threats and name calls don't
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Nod It sucks, but it's true.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Thank You
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 pm

gs78 wrote:

Another thing;

How come no criticizes all the black votes in California that helped ban gay marriage

Like hell they haven't. Gay-rights activists in California have been panicking for months that Obama, despite being anti-proposition 8, is going to hurt their cause because blacks will overwhelmingly support proposition 8 (which they did - 70% said they voted yes according to exit polls. You can't really trust exit polls though since 52% polled said they voted no when in actuality 52% voted yes ).

Then again I'm not sure criticized the blacks is the right way to put it. Gay-rights activists have criticized and labeled everyone as homophobic who voted yes on 8...black, white, Mexican, or Asian (well not so much Asian...the Asians were very much against prop 8).

The religious right got their way though - for the first time in American history a state has amended their Constitution to take away a right that previously existed. What a disgrace :puke2:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 8:30 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Another thing;

Like hell they haven't. Gay-rights activists in California have been panicking for months that Obama, despite being anti-proposition 8, is going to hurt their cause because blacks will overwhelmingly support proposition 8 (which they did - 70% said they voted yes according to exit polls. You can't really trust exit polls though since 52% polled said they voted no when in actuality 52% voted yes ).

Then again I'm not sure criticized the blacks is the right way to put it. Gay-rights activists have criticized and labeled everyone as homophobic who voted yes on 8...black, white, Mexican, or Asian (well not so much Asian...the Asians were very much against prop 8).

The religious right got their way though - for the first time in American history a state has amended their Constitution to take away a right that previously existed. What a disgrace :puke2:

Even though I am against gay marriage

They were given that right
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 9:02 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Another thing;

Law scholars said that those people who received gay marriages will remain married until they themselves want a divorce. It can not be retroactive to take away the marriages that already have happened.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 9:15 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Another thing;

Law scholars said that those people who received gay marriages will remain married until they themselves want a divorce. It can not be retroactive to take away the marriages that already have happened.

Wonder how long before they try to overturn this
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 9:18 pm

So now gay marriage is okay for those that were quick to act but for those that were too slow that's too bad? That's even more screwed up than it was in the first place. Oh well, Obama has already stated that he will attempt to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and with the liberal Congress/Senate he has that shouldn't be a problem. The current US Supreme Court is made of 4 liberal judges, 4 conservative judges, and 1 moderate so if he repeals the DOMA, the Supreme Court wouldn't have much to go by when people challenge their right to marry.

Barack Obama wrote:
I have long been on record opposing DOMA, and an Obama-Biden administration will work hard to ensure that we can pass a repeal of that law as soon as possible.

If states are forced to recognize marriage from all other states (Massachusetts and soon Connecticut allow same-sex marriage) people could simply go there to get married and then move back to their state so even if same-sex marriage isn't technically legal in the other states, it might as well be if the DOMA is repealed.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 9:23 pm

gs78 wrote:

By that do you mean how long until they try and take away the marriages that they have already awarded even though it's completely illegal? If that's what you mean I'm sure they've already tried to find a loophole to make those marriages illegal ex post facto. They (to come off as less offensive I won't define "they") will stop at nothing until the United States Constitution bans gay marriage and domestic partnerships and then they will work on overturning Lawrence v. Texas (2003...overturned Bowers v. Hardwick which upheld a Georgia statute not finding a constitutional protection of sexual privacy and therefore allowing sodomy laws).
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 9:46 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
So now gay marriage is okay for those that were quick to act but for those that were too slow that's too bad? That's even more screwed up than it was in the first place. Oh well, Obama has already stated that he will attempt to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and with the liberal Congress/Senate he has that shouldn't be a problem. The current US Supreme Court is made of 4 liberal judges, 4 conservative judges, and 1 moderate so if he repeals the DOMA, the Supreme Court wouldn't have much to go by when people challenge their right to marry.

Barack Obama wrote:
I have long been on record opposing DOMA, and an Obama-Biden administration will work hard to ensure that we can pass a repeal of that law as soon as possible.

If states are forced to recognize marriage from all other states (Massachusetts and soon Connecticut allow same-sex marriage) people could simply go there to get married and then move back to their state so even if same-sex marriage isn't technically legal in the other states, it might as well be if the DOMA is repealed.

Sounds like people will need to get a scorecard to keep track of the latest changes

Stay Tuned
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 10:13 pm

My doctor today said he will see how things go. If Obama changes things too much, he is moving to Australia, where his one son has been a big time nautical photographer the last 7 years.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
My doctor today said he will see how things go. If Obama changes things too much, he is moving to Australia, where his one son has been a big time nautical photographer the last 7 years.

Careful with Australia...

Australia To Build Great Firewall Down Under

I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Australiacensorship

Looks like China won't be the only place with a Great Firewall in place—The Australian government is introducing its own censorship regime that will determine what is or isn't illegal for you to view on the web. The move is said to help stop teenagers from accessing online pornography, but even if you opt-out of the pr0n filter, you'll get put on a different blacklist for “illegal” content.

So what could be considered illegal content? There's the possibility that the government will block any website related to controversial opinions on euthanasia, drugs or political dissent. Even legal content might get screwed with, considering even the best Internet content filters still incorrectly firewall about .1% of webpages. Who knew the land of bloomin' onions and Crocodile Dundee was teetering on the brink of Big Brother-ness?

-----------------------

On a side note, I feel like I'm really on top of current events at the moment :haha:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 06, 2008 5:10 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

By that do you mean how long until they try and take away the marriages that they have already awarded even though it's completely illegal? If that's what you mean I'm sure they've already tried to find a loophole to make those marriages illegal ex post facto. They (to come off as less offensive I won't define "they") will stop at nothing until the United States Constitution bans gay marriage and domestic partnerships and then they will work on overturning Lawrence v. Texas (2003...overturned Bowers v. Hardwick which upheld a Georgia statute not finding a constitutional protection of sexual privacy and therefore allowing sodomy laws).

Actually; I meant the Gay people

So far;

California Voters have approved it

And now Taken it away

Need a damn scorecard to keep track
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 06, 2008 5:11 pm

How about New Zealand?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm

gs78 wrote:
How about New Zealand?

I haven't heard anything bad about the Kiwis so you might be okay there.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 06, 2008 6:12 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
How about New Zealand?

I thought Kiwi was a type of fruit
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Either that

Or Easter Island or South Africa
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 06, 2008 6:14 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
How about New Zealand?

I thought Kiwi was a type of fruit

New Zealanders are also known as Kiwis.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Nov 06, 2008 6:24 pm

What don't you know Catbox?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board   I started a whole bunch of  Obama threads on the other board - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I started a whole bunch of Obama threads on the other board
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next