DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas Empty
PostSubject: Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas   Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas Icon_minipostedMon Nov 03, 2008 10:38 am

11/03/08 1:56 AM ET
Former big league pitcher was Brewers pitching coach

By T.R. Sullivan / MLB.com

Mike Maddux is joining the Rangers as their pitching coach, according to Major League sources. An announcement is expected at some point this week.

Maddux, who has spent the past five seasons as the Brewers' pitching coach, was interviewed by the Rangers this weekend and is expected to be hired. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Maddux told the Brewers that he was leaving to join the Rangers.

"He's moving on to a better deal that he couldn't turn down," Brewers general manager Doug Melvin told the newspaper. "They overwhelmed him with a huge deal."

Maddux got his start as a pitching coach with the Double-A Round Rock Express in 2000-02. The Express is a Minor League team owned by Rangers president Nolan Ryan.

The Rangers also interviewed former Athletics and Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson and Dave Wallace, who held that job with the Dodgers, Red Sox, Mets and Astros. Peterson was recommended by manager Ron Washington but they held out for Maddux, who did not become available until his contract with the Brewers expired this weekend. The Rangers moved in quickly to snatch him up.

He takes over a pitching staff that finished last in the Major Leagues in ERA in 2008. He replaces Andy Hawkins, who held the job for the final two months of the season and will likely end up as the bullpen coach.

T.R. Sullivan is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas   Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas Icon_minipostedMon Nov 03, 2008 3:19 pm

Sounds good to me. I got very scared when I read this and thought it was Greg Maddux. If he coaches next season he can't play. His older brother Mike has been a coach for a while.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas   Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas Icon_minipostedMon Nov 03, 2008 5:52 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Sounds good to me. I got very scared when I read this and thought it was Greg Maddux. If he coaches next season he can't play. His older brother Mike has been a coach for a while.

I also thought it was Greg Maddux Whew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas   Sources: Maddux to coach for Texas Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1