DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I voted!

Go down 
+3
gs78
kharmon
catbox_9
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 2:27 pm

Puerto Rico for 51st state
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 2:31 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

Or divide a couple states up. Have a West Texas. Why should West Virginia be the only "West" state?

Or cut up Virginia so that there is an East Virginia and West Virginia (along with regular Virginia). Or simply rename Virginia East Virginia.

New Mexico probably should be divided as well into New Mexico and Old Mexico.

The UP part of Michigan should also be its own state...

Hawaii should be several states as well - one state per island.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 5:27 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

Or divide a couple states up. Have a West Texas. Why should West Virginia be the only "West" state?

Or cut up Virginia so that there is an East Virginia and West Virginia (along with regular Virginia). Or simply rename Virginia East Virginia.

I thought Mexico was Old Mexico?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 5:39 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

I thought Mexico was Old Mexico?
Oh yeah. Write your congress(wo)m(a/e)n and tell him/her you want Mexico to be renamed Old Mexico.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Won't be any confusion that way
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 5:55 pm

Puerto Rico QUARTER SHOULD HAVE A PICTURE OF RUM ON IT!

Nod
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 5:57 pm

California should be divided to North and South since they are so differing politically!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Puerto Rico QUARTER SHOULD HAVE A PICTURE OF RUM ON IT!

Nod

high 5
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 6:08 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
California should be divided to North and South since they are so differing politically!

Not really. Well what do you mean by north/south? If you include SF in the North you'll end up with a heavily-Democratic mini-state as San Francisco and the surrounding counties are some of the most liberal areas in the United States. Once you get north of San Jose (also liberal) there are no towns worth mentioning outside of SF/Oakland.

As for the South....Los Angeles, while more "conservative" than San Francisco is still very liberal.

Also of note:
Last election....
SF County was 80.4% Feinstein (1st in state)
LA was 67.1% Feinstein (9th in state...out of 58 counties)
San Diego County was 53.0% Feinstein (still won by almost 10%)
Sacramento County was 56.6% Feinstein

Of the Republican counties, only one county (Orange County) managed 100,000+ votes for the Republican (compared to 12 for the Democrats) and only 3 Republican counties had 50,000 Republican votes. Heck, of the 23 Republican counties 15 had fewer than 10,000 Republican votes (some had as few as 641).

To prove my point, here's the election map from the 2006 election. As it clearly shows, Dianne Feinstein easily carried both the Northern and Southern parts of the state. In order to have 2 states with different political views you need an East and West California which would be sort of odd as the state is already so tall and narrow to begin with. Plus hardly anyone lives in most of the counties that don't touch the coast.

I voted! - Page 2 CASen06Counties

Last edited by catbox_9 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 6:09 pm

It took Catbox 11 minutes to shoot that down

bow bow bow
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Catbox knows his California Politics
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 6:17 pm

gs78 wrote:

Thanks! Despite what maps may indicate (that map I posted has more red than it has blue) you have to remember that despite the enormity of the state, most people don't live away from the coast - it's all desert and farmland there. There are a few major cities inland, but the 5 most populous cities are within a few miles of the coast as are 8 of the top 10. In fact, if you add up the combined population of the 10 most populous cities that aren't in coastal counties, you still have 500,000 fewer people than does the city of Los Angeles.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 21, 2008 7:26 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Thanks! Despite what maps may indicate (that map I posted has more red than it has blue) you have to remember that despite the enormity of the state, most people don't live away from the coast - it's all desert and farmland there. There are a few major cities inland, but the 5 most populous cities are within a few miles of the coast as are 8 of the top 10. In fact, if you add up the combined population of the 10 most populous cities that aren't in coastal counties, you still have 500,000 fewer people than does the city of Los Angeles.

applaud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I voted! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I voted!   I voted! - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I voted!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: