DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign Empty
PostSubject: Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign   Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign Icon_minipostedSun Oct 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign with multiyear contract

Oakland Athletics second baseman Mark Ellis is close to a deal that will keep him with the team for at least the next two seasons.

Ellis will receive a two-year deal that will guarantee him between $10 million to $11 million, with incentives and an option for 2011 that could bring the total value of the deal to something close to $18 million, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

"I'm very excited," Ellis said by phone from his Arizona home Saturday, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "Oakland has been a very good place for me and my family, and it's really a big relief to be back there."

Before having arthroscopic surgery to repair cartilage on his right, throwing shoulder in September, Ellis, who could have become a free agent after the World Series, had asked the A's to postpone negotiations until the team finished its season.

Ellis, 31, has spent his first seven years in the big leagues with Oakland, including 2004, when he was out with an injury to the same shoulder.

"To play in Oakland my whole career would be great," he told the Chronicle. "Not a lot of people get to do that in this game."

Ellis batted .233 with 12 home runs and 41 RBIs in 117 games for the A's this season. He stole 14 bases and committed only four errors. He last appeared in a game Aug. 30 as a pinch hitter against the Minnesota Twins.

"I know it wasn't a very good year for anyone in the organization, myself included," Ellis said. "But I'm very proud to be a part of this organization and I'm excited about things here -- not to sound like a total cheeseball, but you see what the Rays have done this year and what the Rockies did last year, and it's not out of line to think we can compete and do well soon.

"We have a lot of young pitchers on our staff, but they've got the stuff to be pretty good. Look how quickly things snowballed for Tampa Bay."

He hurt the shoulder Aug. 21 at Seattle sliding into second base to break up a double play. Ellis started the next day but came out of the game in the second inning with shoulder pain.

Ellis was expected to be fully recovered and ready for spring training.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign   Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign Icon_minipostedSun Oct 19, 2008 3:22 pm

He hit 233 last year and gets a 18 million dollar deal Perturbed
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign   Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign Icon_minipostedSun Oct 19, 2008 3:29 pm

Imagine how much he get if he hit 333
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign   Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign Icon_minipostedSun Oct 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Imagine how much Polanco gonna get when he becomes a free agent?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign   Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign Icon_minipostedSun Oct 19, 2008 4:21 pm

Will the Tigers keep him?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign   Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: Oakland Athletics-
Jump to: