DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tigers' Wives wrote a book!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Empty
PostSubject: Tigers' Wives wrote a book!   Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Icon_minipostedMon Sep 29, 2008 1:48 pm

Tigers wives hit home run with baseball children's book

DETROIT -- Wives of the Detroit Tigers baseball players have written "The ABCs of Detroit Tigers Baseball," a children's book that covers the game of baseball from A to Z. The book is illustrated by Bryan Durren and Craig Jablonski, two graphic designers from Ilitch-owned Little Caesars. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the book benefits the Detroit Tigers Foundation, the official charity of the Detroit Tigers.

"It was such an honor having the opportunity to work with the other wives and to contribute to the book," said Shani Inge, wife of Tigers' catcher/infielder Brandon Inge. "I hope Tigers fans and their families have as much fun reading this book as we did putting it together."

"'The ABCs of Detroit Tigers Baseball' is for fans young and old," said Mike Bayoff, director of publishing and new media for Olympia Entertainment. "It's an exciting way for children to learn the alphabet and, at the same time, learn about the game of baseball as well as some little-known Detroit Tigers trivia and history."

The 29-page, hardcover book, includes Spanish-language translation of each English term, and features colorful illustrations that define the game of baseball from A to Z. In addition, each page includes a related 'Tiger Tidbit' such as historical records, fun facts or player records. There are also two pages especially for autographs.

"There are so many positive aspects to doing a book like this," explained Bayoff. "Not only do we generate enthusiasm about reading, the game of baseball and the Detroit Tigers, but we also raise important funds for the Detroit Tigers Foundation, which is dedicated to enhancing lives through the sport of baseball."

The book retails for $14.95, and is now available at Borders, Barnes and Noble and Comerica Park.

Lap's Comment: Just ordered this from Barnes & Noble. You save 10% ordering it online...my total with expedited shipping was $18.
It sounds like a fun book to have as a souvenir! I'll post my opinion when it arrives! clap
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Tigers' Wives wrote a book!   Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Icon_minipostedMon Sep 29, 2008 3:27 pm

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. I should check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers' Wives wrote a book!   Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Icon_minipostedFri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 pm

It arrived today. It is sooooooooooo CUTE!!! It's an alphabet book for kids, probably ages 5-8, but there is Tiger trivia in there as well. The illustrations are kinda cartooney but it adds to the lightheartedness of the book. I'm ordering a couple more for gifts.

Any ?s about the book feel free to PM me.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Tigers' Wives wrote a book!   Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Icon_minipostedFri Oct 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Do they have a list of all the wives that worked on it?
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers' Wives wrote a book!   Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Icon_minipostedFri Oct 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Unfortunately no...that would be my only criticism of the book. Give credit where credit is due! Shani's is the only name that's been associated with the book in that tigers.com article.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tigers' Wives wrote a book!   Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Icon_minipostedFri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Unfortunately no...that would be my only criticism of the book. Give credit where credit is due! Shani's is the only name that's been associated with the book in that tigers.com article.

Maybe because the proceeds go to charity?
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tigers' Wives wrote a book!   Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Icon_minipostedFri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

That's weird. It seems like it should be in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tigers' Wives wrote a book!   Tigers' Wives wrote a book! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tigers' Wives wrote a book!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: