DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Happy Constitution Day

Go down 
+5
TG
gs78
SoulRat
bobrob2004
catbox_9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Happy Constitution Day Empty
PostSubject: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 3:01 am

September 17 is Constitution Day. Back on 9/17/1787 the Constitutional Convention signed the Constitution. Not celebrating today would be treason, so celebrate the greatest document ever written...today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 am

You would...

Happy Constitution Day!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Why not? Supposedly it's a federal holiday.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 1:21 pm

PARTY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 1:25 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Why not? Supposedly it's a federal holiday.

And I don't have off of school.

...I shouldn't be complaining I know. Frown
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 2:21 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
September 17 is Constitution Day. Back on 9/17/1787 the Constitutional Convention signed the Constitution. Not celebrating today would be treason, so celebrate the greatest document ever written...today!

Okay... Cheers 2
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Drunk
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 7:26 pm

I actually knew that! Well, it said it on the chalk board in first hour, and there were steamers all over the place. If you pulled down the streamers you got detention.... I wonder if anyone did. It was first hour so of course at that point nobody had.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Why would you pull down the streamers? How could anyone not like the Constitution? If you don't like the Constitution, you like being guilty until proven innocent, you like illegal search and seizures, you like cruel and unusual punishment, you don't like voting, you like being told what you can and can't say, etc.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 8:36 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Why would you pull down the streamers? How could anyone not like the Constitution? If you don't like the Constitution, you like being guilty until proven innocent, you like illegal search and seizures, you like cruel and unusual punishment, you don't like voting, you like being told what you can and can't say, etc.
People would pull down the streamers because they were messing around. And a reason for not liking the constitution would be because we have to memorize it.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Happy Constitution Day 8_4_49
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedWed Sep 17, 2008 11:38 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

I know someone that has a slight problem with the constitution. whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 1:21 am

TG wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
People would pull down the streamers because they were messing around. And a reason for not liking the constitution would be because we have to memorize it.

Not really hard to memorize though. I mean it's all pretty obvious. Here's a quick test (all T/F)

1. People have the right to peacefully assemble
2. You do not have the right to a speedy trial
3. You have the right to not self-incriminate
4. Women may not vote

Answers are obviously TFTF
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 1:22 am

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I'm just pro-Constitution is all. I mean it's the document that defines America. Respecting it (especially the Bill of Rights) is a lot more patriotic than that pseudo-patriotism that the fascists in New York try to impose during the 7th inning stretch.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 1:30 am

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I'm just pro-Constitution is all. I mean it's the document that defines America. Respecting it (especially the Bill of Rights) is a lot more patriotic than that pseudo-patriotism that the fascists in New York try to impose during the 7th inning stretch.

Nod
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 8:29 am

i guess happy constitution day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 8:36 am

Just youre a little bit late. Its not a Holiday until we get off school.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 9:33 am

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I'm not talking about you.
But, oh well.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 2:37 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I'm not talking about you.
But, oh well.

Oh. How dare someone be anti-Constitution Stunned Even most foreigners could respect it because it's similar enough to theirs. I mean every non-Communist country allows for freedom of speech and the press and everything like that. Castro is anti-Constitution I guess.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Happy Constitution Day Eaglef11
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 8:20 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
Happy Constitution Day Eaglef11

Nice Eagle
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_minipostedThu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Thanks! It works for all patriotic holidays, even though I think I found it on a 9/11 website...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Constitution Day   Happy Constitution Day Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Happy Constitution Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: