DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tom Brady out for the season

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Tom Brady out for the season Empty
PostSubject: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedMon Sep 08, 2008 5:01 pm

MRIs today revealed he'll need surgery and his 2008 season is over. Obviously they won't be going 16-0 this season and with Matt Cassel as their starting QB (who has never started in the NFL...or even college where he threw all of 0 TDs), they're probably in big trouble - not quite big enough to lose to the Lions though.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedMon Sep 08, 2008 5:15 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
MRIs today revealed he'll need surgery and his 2008 season is over. Obviously they won't be going 16-0 this season and with Matt Cassel as their starting QB (who has never started in the NFL...or even college where he threw all of 0 TDs), they're probably in big trouble - not quite big enough to lose to the Lions though.

You always got to get in a shot at the Lions

Bad enough they played like shit yesterday

Gonna be a long season

Sucks Brady got hurt

rant rant rant
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedMon Sep 08, 2008 5:21 pm

gs78 wrote:

You always got to get in a shot at the Lions

I sure do! Sorry

gs78 wrote:

Sucks Brady got hurt

I know! Now we'll have to hear about how great Peyton and Eli Manning are and how they aren't hurt. That also means Brady can't break Favre's streak. rant
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedMon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Yay2 I hate Brady!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedTue Sep 09, 2008 1:58 am

gdennis59 wrote:
Yay2 I hate Brady!

Stunned
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedTue Sep 09, 2008 8:29 am

tom brady is not a bad player at all it just sucks to see him hurt ........its gonna be a long season for thta team i can tell you that !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedTue Sep 09, 2008 9:37 am

Go Matt Cassel!!!
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 8:54 am

im glad hes gone maybe some other team can get a chance at the super bowl this year
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 am

Dude. I think it would be safe to say that if the Chargers still had Merriman, they would go all the way, so now my Super Bowl Favorite is...

The Jets. their defense is not the greatest but can do good as long as Brett Favre and Thomas Jones perform offensively. But look for a good year from the Bills and Browns, The Bills had a good first week against a good Seahawks team. The Browns had game against the Cowboys, who only lost to three teams last year, but with a banged up defense, it will be tough, I think Anderson, Lewis, Edwards, and Winslow will lead the offense to a 10-6 year.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:25 am

ya i agree but i think the bills are gonna let up and maybe fall behind this season
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:28 am

Nah. Their Special Teams will lead them. Roscoe Parish is a monster, and Trent Edwards shouldnt have a bad year. Marshawn Lynch is a monster back, and will beast it up.

Speaking of monster Backs, Reggie Bush is making me a bit mad. He is supposed to be a RUNNING back, but all he does is catch the ball and go for tons of yardage.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 am

if i was him i would take the yardage
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:41 am

Dude. Stop arguing with me seriously. I should just tell you since your right effin next to me. But still, your ruining my analysis. Im gonna ask Cat to delete your posts. Lol jk.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:44 am

y??
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:44 am

cuz ur making my analysis look bad. Stupid nig.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 3:32 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
cuz ur making my analysis look bad. Stupid nig.

What about the Lions?

They are gonna win some games

Beat Green Bay
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Well My analysis for the Lions is this: John Kitna needs to utlilize all of his receivers, and hope the running game can provide support, I dont watch the Lions much, so I dont know how good they are in whatever department, but I know they sure arent the greatest. For the offense to be successful however, I do know that the line must protect Kitna and present him with an oppurtunity to get some good passes of and the running game must be at least a little above average to sustain a good attack. The defense simply needs to play defense, thats it.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 7:12 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Well My analysis for the Lions is this: John Kitna needs to utlilize all of his receivers, and hope the running game can provide support, I dont watch the Lions much, so I dont know how good they are in whatever department, but I know they sure arent the greatest. For the offense to be successful however, I do know that the line must protect Kitna and present him with an oppurtunity to get some good passes of and the running game must be at least a little above average to sustain a good attack. The defense simply needs to play defense, thats it.

Nod
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 7:36 pm

I may look into sports analysis as a career.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 7:44 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
I may look into sports analysis as a career.

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 8:20 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
the Lions...sure arent the greatest.

Well duh! That's like saying black isn't the same as white. The words Detroit Lions and greatest are antonyms.
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 10:02 am

While I don't like to see ANY player get hurt, I'm secretly happy that Brady won't be playing this year. He's a great QB, but without him, the Patriots are "just another team"....sorta like the Lions. It'll be nice seeing someone else in the Superbowl this year.

Seeing the Patriots in the playoffs is a lot like seeing the Yankees playing in October. After a while, you just get sick of seeing the same ones every year.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 10:12 am

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
While I don't like to see ANY player get hurt, I'm secretly happy that Brady won't be playing this year. He's a great QB, but without him, the Patriots are "just another team"....sorta like the Lions. It'll be nice seeing someone else in the Superbowl this year.

Seeing the Patriots in the playoffs is a lot like seeing the Yankees playing in October. After a while, you just get sick of seeing the same ones every year.

True, BUT...the Lions are so terrible you can count on them going nowhere and since Brady went to UM you can pretend like they're the Lions. Now there's going to be two Lions teams that sucks.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 4:10 pm

Why does everyone hate Tom Brady so much

He was awesome in that episode of Family Guy when Peter went to his high school reunion and ended up playing for the Patriots
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedFri Sep 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Because sometimes, some people just get on my nerves because they try to throw for a touchdown when theyre up 21 late 4th. thats wrong, and unsportsmanlike, Brady could have been a good person and changed the play at the line.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedSat Sep 13, 2008 2:22 am

gdennis59 wrote:
Because sometimes, some people just get on my nerves because they try to throw for a touchdown when theyre up 21 late 4th. thats wrong, and unsportsmanlike, Brady could have been a good person and changed the play at the line.

Why should the other team lay down and die if they're winning? People go to games to see teams play at their best.

If you don't like running up the score why don't you get mad when a team down 21 points throws the ball? That's the same thing - they can't come back so why not just hurry up and lose?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_minipostedSat Sep 13, 2008 3:52 am

catbox_9 wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:

Why should the other team lay down and die if they're winning? People go to games to see teams play at their best.

If you don't like running up the score why don't you get mad when a team down 21 points throws the ball? That's the same thing - they can't come back so why not just hurry up and lose?

Nod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady out for the season   Tom Brady out for the season Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady out for the season
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Other Sports/Teams-
Jump to: