DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Maroth Released by Cardinals

Go down 
+3
catbox_9
mrsrabelo
bobrob2004
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Maroth Released by Cardinals Empty
PostSubject: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 11:09 am

The St. Louis Cardinals began their off-season roster re-tooling by saying goodbye to left-handed pitcher Mike Maroth. The 30-year-old was released by the club on Tuesday.
Maroth was acquired from the Detroit Tigers in late June for a player to be named later in return compensation. That turned out to be former first-round pick, pitcher Chris Lambert.

Like Lambert, Maroth proved to be a major disappointment to the Cardinals. Overall, Maroth was 0-5 with a 10.66 ERA over 38 innings pitched with St. Louis. In seven starts, he posted an 0-4 record with a 9.29 ERA. Banished to the bullpen, he struggled even worse. In seven innings over seven games, Maroth allowed 13 runs for a 16.71 ERA in relief.

On his blog earlier this summer, Maroth summarized his difficulties on the mound. “Mentally, I have battled a lot. Baseball is as tough a mental game as it is physical. Often, you have to train yourself to be stronger mentally than physically to persevere through the tough stretches. My struggles in July were not anything I had ever been through before.”

Before joining St. Louis, Maroth was 5-2 with a 5.06 ERA in 13 starts for the Tigers this year as he tried to work his way back from arthroscopic surgery to remove bone chips in his left elbow last June that limited his 2006 season to 13 appearances. With the Cardinals, Maroth missed almost three weeks in August due to what he called “a mild case of elbow tendinitis”.

Maroth is most known for his major league-leading 21 losses in 2003, his second season in the major leagues. That made him the first major league pitcher since 1980 to lose 20 or more games. Maroth was originally the third-round pick of the Boston Red Sox in the 1988 draft before being traded to Detroit in 1999.

Maroth has appeared in 161 career games (150 starts) over his six-year Major League career and owns a 50-67 record and lifetime 5.05 ERA. He was one of only 13 southpaw hurlers in Tigers history to record 50 wins, but left his second MLB club winless.

The Florida native was paid $2.95 million this past season in the second year of a two-year contract signed with the Tigers. Due to his service time accrued, Maroth is arbitration-eligible, but his rights could have been controlled by the Cardinals next season if they so chose.

Instead, they cut him loose.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 11:26 am

Aww poor Mike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 4:45 pm

Someone might pick him up...
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 4:57 pm

Wow, that really sucks Crying or Very sad I always liked him boooooo! Tigers should pick him up.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:28 pm

I agree with Soul!! I always liked Mike. I like all of our Mikes...well not Mike Hessman.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 5:35 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
I agree with Soul!! I always liked Mike. I like all of our Mikes...well not Mike Hessman.

What have you got against Mike Hessman? scratch
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 6:10 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

He reminds me of a serial killer... I know its a dumb reason. I dont hate him I think he is a good player he just isn't one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 6:19 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

He reminds me of a serial killer... I know its a dumb reason. I dont hate him I think he is a good player he just isn't one of my favorites.

That's what my dad says about Jonathan Papelbon!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 6:34 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

LMAO
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 6:35 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

LMAO why?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 6:40 pm

SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

LMAO why?

Well look at him!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:02 pm

Jonathan Papelbon is adorable!

Serial Killer
Maroth Released by Cardinals Ph_425634

Adorable

Maroth Released by Cardinals 1128801170_3711

(he kinda got a little messed up when I made the pict smaller but you get the idea!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:06 pm

Yeah I agree!!

Of course, just check out my J Pap thead, and you might see that....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:08 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

LMAO why?

Well look at him!

Hey! That's insulting, and not nice! haha. What's wrong with Maroth Released by Cardinals Jpapyh10<----that's not the least bit scary!!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:13 pm

Ok in that pict he looks scary but in the other ones he is uhdorable!! Sigh Love 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Yeah, I couldn't find one that I wanted to post, so I just posted that one really quick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:18 pm

:'( Crying or Very sad No Stunned
Well, I'm sort of out of words, I miss Mike. I wonder who might pick him up. That's going to be sort of interesting I guess....
Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female
Number of posts : 1426
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : **Inge**, Granderson, Polonco, Magglio, Verlander, ok all of them!!
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:46 pm

ooooo poor Maroth..... :'(
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:55 pm

detigersfan06 wrote:
ooooo poor Maroth..... :'(

I don't know about poor. He's got plenty of money....
Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : **Inge**, Granderson, Polonco, Magglio, Verlander, ok all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 7:57 pm

I did not mean it that way.LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 8:02 pm

detigersfan06 wrote:

Oh, well in that case...poor Maroth!
Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedThu Oct 25, 2007 8:05 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
detigersfan06 wrote:

Oh, well in that case...poor Maroth!

lol!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 3:39 pm

Ok guys I just came up with a perfect idea!!! We can get Mike back and put him in the bullpen in Ugly Tim...I mean Tim Byrdaks spot! PARTY!

Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 3:43 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
Ok guys I just came up with a perfect idea!!! We can get Mike back and put him in the bullpen in Ugly Tim...I mean Tim Byrdaks spot! PARTY!

</SPAN>

Byrdak is not a bad pitcher though... well from what I say this year atleast.
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 3:45 pm

No he isnt a bad pitcher but he isn't excellent either. I don't like his attitude he is very grumpy.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 3:53 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
No he isnt a bad pitcher but he isn't excellent either. I don't like his attitude he is very grumpy.

Tell us more!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 3:57 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

Tell us more!

What do you mean? Talk bad about Ugly Tim??
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 4:02 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

Tell us more!

What do you mean? Talk bad about Ugly Tim??

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedFri Oct 26, 2007 4:05 pm

Ugly Tim is an old grumpy grandpa. We drove behind him all the way to Comerica one day and I think we freaked him out bcuz since then he wont wave at us or sign stuff by us anymore. :'( So thats why I don't like him. He had been a Tiger for too long!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_minipostedSat Oct 27, 2007 1:50 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:

He's a grumpy old man? He seems like it... always scowling booo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maroth Released by Cardinals   Maroth Released by Cardinals Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: St. Louis Cardinals-
Jump to: