DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

82 degrees in Baltimore is cooler than 82 in Detroit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

82 degrees in Baltimore is  cooler than 82 in Detroit Empty
PostSubject: 82 degrees in Baltimore is cooler than 82 in Detroit   82 degrees in Baltimore is  cooler than 82 in Detroit Icon_minipostedSun Aug 24, 2008 11:08 am

It must be; I was watching highlights of the Yankees- Orioles game last night; Despite it being 82 degrees at Game Time; Home Plate Umpire Joe West wore a coat [ the base umps wore black shirts]

Funny; it was 82 degrees when West worked the plate on Saturday Night July 28 at Comerica; He didn't wear no coat that night [ He did wear the light blue shirt; so that was OK]

However; 82 degrees is too warm to wear a coat over a chest protector; And I don't want to hear any nonsense about why I am making a fuss over what other people wear

One of my biggest pet peeves is people overdressing in warm or hot weather

Make me hot just looking at them; Plus I like when the plate umps wear the old school coats which they almost never do at Co-Crapica Park

For the record; West wore a coat a few nights ago in Philly when the temp was 80 degrees and he wore one during a 77 degree day game in New York a couple months back

So it not like he sick or got mustard all over his shirt before game time and he had to wear a coat

I bet if it were 62 degrees [ 62 at Comerica like 72 everywhere else; WOK effect] at Comerica; he be wearing a short sleeve shirt

More proof that Comerica is the hottest park in MLB.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 82 degrees in Baltimore is cooler than 82 in Detroit   82 degrees in Baltimore is  cooler than 82 in Detroit Icon_minipostedMon Aug 25, 2008 12:17 am

Is this on the same scale that a pound of feathers is lighter than a pound of lead? scratch
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 82 degrees in Baltimore is cooler than 82 in Detroit   82 degrees in Baltimore is  cooler than 82 in Detroit Icon_minipostedMon Aug 25, 2008 12:14 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
Is this on the same scale that a pound of feathers is lighter than a pound of lead? scratch

No

This is a temp scale devised by me

Comerica Park with its Open Air Design is a lot warmer than ever the actual temp

It is like a huge WOK; Intensifing the Sun and them harmful UV Rays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 82 degrees in Baltimore is cooler than 82 in Detroit   82 degrees in Baltimore is  cooler than 82 in Detroit Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

82 degrees in Baltimore is cooler than 82 in Detroit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: