DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Judgment at Nuremberg (1961) Empty
PostSubject: Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)   Judgment at Nuremberg (1961) Icon_minipostedMon Aug 18, 2008 7:08 pm

This is a fictionalized telling of the Nuremberg Trials that took place a while after World War II. Basically, the trials attempted to determine if people were responsible for crimes committed by the state. The trial scenes are pretty good, but this movie has tons of stuff outside of court that seems to have little relevance. While it does give the characters more depth, I'm not sure it was necessary as the movie was quite long (over 3 hours). The last scenes in court were very well-done and left a good final impression, but unfortunately the movie continued for another 10 to 15 minutes which sort of soured that.

The acting in this film was outstanding. Marlene Dietrich was pretty good in a role that is probably a starring role. The film also had Spencer Tracy who was quite good and was the most important character in the film. He was nominated for best actor but did not win. The winner that year was Maximilian Schell who was also in this film. Not often does a film get two nominations for best leading actor, but they were both good. I'm not sure who I would have given it to. Schell was probably better, but less important than Tracy. The film also has Judy Garland and Montgomery Cliff who were both outstanding although their roles weren't very big. They both received nominations for best supporting actor but did not win, probably because their roles were too small.

Excellent acting notwithstanding, I wasn't particularly fond of this film. While its use of actual footage of concentration camps is historically significant as the public had not seen much of this footage at the time, the film itself is just too long and has too many irrelevant scenes for it to be great.

70/100
C-

UP NEXT: Strangers on a Train.
Back to top Go down

Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: