DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

For a Few Dollars More (1965)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

For a Few Dollars More (1965) Empty
PostSubject: For a Few Dollars More (1965)   For a Few Dollars More (1965) Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 6:03 am

Sergio Leone's For a Few Dollars More is the "sequel" to A Fistful of Dollars and the second film in the Man With No Name Trilogy. This film, which does not have anything to do with the first film so it's not really a true sequel, tells the story of two bounty hunters. After killing a couple criminals and collecting a few small bounties, there is an enormous bounty that they both want to get. While they're enemies at first, they decide the best strategy is to team up. One of the main parts of the film centers around a bank robbery in El Paso, TX and the two bounty hunters attempt to use this to capture the criminals. Overall, the plot is pretty good but not great. For just about the last 20 minutes or so right at the end the plot is kind of confusing, but this confusion is erased with the ending. A second viewing and the film would probably make more sense, but even with this confusion it isn't too bad.

The film stars Clint Eastwood as the man with no name along with Lee Van Cleef as his partner. Other than Eastwood and Van Cleef, all of the actors are foreign mostly from Spain and Italy. As appears to be typical for a western, there isn't much in the way of dialogue and none of the roles are terribly demanding of the actors. What little acting is required isn't bad, but there really isn't much to say about the acting. Eastwood's character is kind of cool, but that's about it.

This film's score is somewhat noticeable. The music is by Ennio Morricone who also did the music for every Leone film save his first one. The music in both films I have seen is quite good and feels pretty western.

Overall, this is a pretty typical spaghetti western. It's got plenty of shooting, a fairly simple plot, and characters with little depth or backstory. People who don't like westerns likely won't find any redeeming qualities in this film, but western fans will probably enjoy it.

74/100
C

UP NEXT: The last of the trilogy with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For a Few Dollars More (1965)   For a Few Dollars More (1965) Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 1:20 pm

I thought that you had already watched that one.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: For a Few Dollars More (1965)   For a Few Dollars More (1965) Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 3:21 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:

I saw A Fistful of Dollars but I've never seen this one (well I have as of yesterday obviously but not before that).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For a Few Dollars More (1965)   For a Few Dollars More (1965) Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 6:55 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:

I saw A Fistful of Dollars but I've never seen this one (well I have as of yesterday obviously but not before that).

Oh okay. I meant The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For a Few Dollars More (1965)   For a Few Dollars More (1965) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

For a Few Dollars More (1965)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: