DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'

Go down 
+3
bobrob2004
gs78
GoGetEmTigers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Empty
PostSubject: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedTue Aug 05, 2008 11:00 am

By PAUL J. WEBER • ASSOCIATED PRESS • August 5, 2008

ARLINGTON, Texas — Pudge Rodriguez could never get past the New York Yankees in the postseason when he played for the Texas Rangers.

Back in Texas on Monday, the ex-Tiger-turned-Yankees catcher was content to be in the visitors' clubhouse.

"The Yankees always got great teams," said Rodriguez, remembering New York's ousting of the Rangers from the postseason three times in the 1990s. "They're always a winning team, and they're always in the playoffs."

The Yankees aren't a lock for the playoffs this season, but they're hoping last week's trade for the 14-time All-Star catcher will help. Rodriguez hit his first homer as a Yankee on Sunday in a win over the Los Angeles Angels, which gave New York some momentum entering its four-game series at Texas.

Rodriguez, who entered Monday 3-for-9 since joining the Yankees, said he's getting comfortable after being traded for the first time in his 18-year career.

New York manager Joe Girardi said he knows that much is being asked of Rodriguez to come in and familiarize himself with a new pitching staff at this point in the season.

"You're talking about a Hall of Fame catcher we were able to acquire," Girardi said. "It's a big transition, but we thought he could do it."

The Yankees traded reliever Kyle Farnsworth to Detroit for Rodriguez, filling a void behind the plate after Jorge Posada's season-ending shoulder injury.

"It happens in baseball. You have to be ready for anything," said Rodriguez, back in Texas for the sixth time since leaving the Rangers in 2003. "I'm very happy where I am."
He reached the majors in 1991 with Texas, where Rodriguez quickly established himself as a fan favorite during his 12 seasons with the Rangers. He was the AL MVP in 1999 and remains the club's career leader in hits, doubles and batting average among players with at least 5,000 plate appearances for the team.

Rodriguez was 19 when he first squatted behind home plate for Texas. Now 36, he has played for the Marlins, Tigers and now Yankees since leaving Texas as a free agent.

Only Michael Young and Hank Blalock remain with the Rangers from Rodriguez's last season in Texas, but he still commands plenty of respect in his old clubhouse.

"He stops the running game. He brings a winning attitude," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "He's been catching a long time. He brings a lot of knowledge."

Rodriguez was with the Rangers during their best seasons, leading Texas to what remains its only playoff appearances: 1996, 1998 and 1999, all against the Yankees.

New York beat the Rangers in four games in the 1996 division series, then swept Texas in the other two series. The Rangers scored only two runs in six games against New York in the '98 and '99 playoffs.

"That's why the Yankees," Rodriguez said Monday, "are the Yankees."
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 07, 2008 2:24 am

I miss Pudge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 07, 2008 4:17 am

pudge hurt
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedSun Aug 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Pudge's stats as a Yankee so far this year...

15 games - .214 AVG (9/42) - 5 runs - 1 double - 1 HR - 1 RBI - 1 SB - 1 BB - 7 K - .250 OBP - .310 SLG - 48 OPS+

Brandon Inge would be so proud...
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedSun Aug 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Pudge sure has added some power to that lineup! LMAO
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 28, 2008 2:48 am

The only way he'll add power to that lineup is if he goes over to Giambi's house for a "cup of tea" after the game....if ya catch my drift.....LOL

Hmmm A-Roid
.............I-Roid
.............G-Roid

Hey..wait a sec....isn't AIG an "Insurance" and "Investment" company? LOL
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 28, 2008 9:16 am

Maybe trading Pudge was the right move. Just the counterpart, yeah, that part sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 28, 2008 5:15 pm

If Pudge plays on Monday; I wonder how many people will boo him?
Back to top Go down
NYyankees
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger
NYyankees

Male
Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 28, 2008 9:44 pm

How's Farns working for you guys?
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 pm

NYyankees wrote:

Well, we are calling him Farnsworhless most the time for the homers he gives up! It is either strikeouts or homers given up! Perturbed
Back to top Go down
NYyankees
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger
NYyankees

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 28, 2008 9:56 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
NYyankees wrote:

Well, we are calling him Farnsworhless most the time for the homers he gives up! It is either strikeouts or homers given up! Perturbed

Ouch! We called him that for a long time...... then he started to fit in and we traded him! rant

I guess he has to start fitting in in Detroit? (Or is he just starting to suck?....)
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedThu Aug 28, 2008 10:39 pm

Well, he is like Pudge, they both know they will probably be with another team next year. If he starts playing well, and wants to stay in Detroit, he has a chance, we need pitchers bad! We tried to sign him longer term last time he was a Tiger, but he wanted a little more money, and fled...

I think the Tigers will hope he does the same thing again, and they can get an extra draft choice. Pudge should bring you guys 2 extra. I still think Detroit should have gotten more for Pudge, considering he is a class A player and Farns a class B.

It sounds like Pudge isn't doing great for the Yankees.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedFri Aug 29, 2008 11:48 am

He went 1-10 since I put in his stats. Updated...

19 games - .192 AVG (10/52) - 5 runs - 1 double - 1 HR - 1 RBI - 1 SB - 3 BB - 9 K - .250 OBP - .269 SLG - 39 OPS+

:puke2:
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedFri Aug 29, 2008 1:11 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
He went 1-10 since I put in his stats. Updated...

19 games - .192 AVG (10/52) - 5 runs - 1 double - 1 HR - 1 RBI - 1 SB - 3 BB - 9 K - .250 OBP - .269 SLG - 39 OPS+

:puke2:

Let's hope he goes 0 for 4 if he plays on Monday
Back to top Go down
NYyankees
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger
NYyankees

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedSat Aug 30, 2008 3:00 am

gs78 wrote:

I wouldn't think he would get booed......
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedSat Aug 30, 2008 3:26 am

NYyankees wrote:
gs78 wrote:

I wouldn't think he would get booed......

Not from me!

Pudge did a lot of good for the Tigers

Tigers should try and get him back for next season
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedSat Aug 30, 2008 10:28 am

I think he'll get a standing ovation in his first AB. Detroit fans never got the opportunity to say "goodbye."
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedSat Aug 30, 2008 12:38 pm

We need Pudge in 2009
Back to top Go down
Pudgerocks
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Pudgerocks

Female
Number of posts : 392
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Still not over Ivan but am going to have to defect to Carlos!
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_minipostedSat Aug 30, 2008 2:35 pm

I will personally come down there and kick their booties!!!!!!!! We never got to say good-bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://klbennett426@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am'   Pudge Rodriguez: 'I'm very happy where I am' Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1