DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes Empty
PostSubject: Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes   Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 12:19 pm

Arthur Rhodes' last game with the Mariners resulted in an ejection. Now the left-handed reliever has been thrown into a pennant race with the Florida Marlins.

ESPN's Peter Gammons is reporting that Rhodes has been traded by the Mariners to Florida for pitching prospect Gaby Hernandez.

On Wednesday, with the Mariners' game against the Rangers tied at 3, Rhodes (2-1) loaded the bases in the eighth with one-out walks to David Murphy, Josh Hamilton and Marlon Byrd, all on full counts.

After the go-ahead run scored, Rhodes was being removed from the game by manager Jim Riggleman. As he walked toward the dugout, Rhodes yelled at home plate umpire Paul Nauert because Rhodes didn't get two close pitches on 3-2 counts, and Nauert ejected Rhodes.

"You've got to make your calls out there," said Rhodes, who's been the subject of trade rumors. "I'm out there making good pitches, the ball's going over the plate, you should call it. But I have no comment over that."

Rhodes, in his 17th season, has a 2.86 ERA in 36 games for the Mariners this season. Left-handed hitters are hitting just .200 against him in 2008.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes   Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes Icon_minipostedThu Jul 31, 2008 12:43 pm

Stunned
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes   Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 2:00 am

Ya know what? This guy is pretty good, so far he's faced like... 4 batters, and he got them ALL out Stunned Yay Fish Nod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes   Marlins trade prospect Hernandez for left-hander Rhodes Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1