DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker

Go down 
+9
iluvpudge7
mrsrabelo
gs78
SoulRat
tigersaint
laprimamirala
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
bobrob2004
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Oh shit!
Time for a change.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Thats better Smile
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Totally forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Aug 24, 2008 10:46 pm

swiss_tiger wrote:
gs78 wrote:
GO KYLE
Go away Kyle. whistle

As long as :nate: is still on this team, :farnsworth: won't be my least favorite pitcher...whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedMon Aug 25, 2008 12:25 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
swiss_tiger wrote:
gs78 wrote:
GO KYLE
Go away Kyle. whistle

As long as :nate: is still on this team, :farnsworth: won't be my least favorite pitcher...whistle

You know, they almost look the same.

TIP: If your kid, neighbor, teammate, etc. looks like they do - bet everything you've got and then some on the other team Nod
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 4:32 pm

Farnsworth's last 7 appearances have all been scoreless, and his ERA is about the same as it was when we got him...

8/23 - 9/7 - 7 games - 7.2 IP - 8 hits - 10 K - 1 BB -
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Nice, nice.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Please move this to "FORMER TIGERS"!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Oct 26, 2008 6:45 pm

former RUMBLIN' Tigers!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 31, 2008 8:36 pm

Or maybe move it to OLD PLAYERS!!

I don't wanna see this guy again.....
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Oct 31, 2008 10:55 pm

We will move it as soon as it is official.... hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Nov 01, 2008 8:24 pm

.....sooner the better.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 11, 2008 10:16 am

Source: Farnsworth, Royals make deal

With many teams looking for bullpen help, veteran right-hander Kyle Farnsworth landed on his feet on Wednesday.

A source with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN's Steve Phillips that Farnsworth has agreed to a two-year, $9.25 million deal with the Kansas City Royals, pending the results of a physical.

The 32-year-old began last season with the Yankees but was traded at the deadline to the Detroit Tigers in the deal that brought catcher Ivan Rodriguez to the Bronx.

In 10 seasons and for four teams, Farnsworth has posted a 30-48 record with a 4.47 ERA. Primarily used as a set-up man in his career, Farnsworth moved between roles with the Yankees last season but managed a 3.65 ERA in 45 games. He struggled with the Tigers, posting a 6.75 ERA in 16 games.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 11, 2008 10:25 am

clap
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

12/11/08 11:59 AM EST
Farnsworth, Royals near two-year deal
Contract worth $9.25 million contingent on passing physical

By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com

LAS VEGAS -- The Royals are close to completing a deal to sign right-hander Kyle Farnsworth to be a setup reliever, MLB.com has learned.

Farnsworth would help fill a void created when the Royals traded setup right-handers Ramon Ramirez and Leo Nunez.

Farnsworth has agreed to a two-year, $9.25 million contract, ESPN reported Wednesday. The deal will not be completed until Farnsworth passes a physical examination in the next two or three days, according to a source with knowledge of the negotiations.

Farnsworth pitched last season for the New York Yankees and the Detroit Tigers, compiling a 2-3 record with one save and a 4.48 ERA.

In his 10-year career with the Cubs, Tigers, Braves and Yankees, his overall record is 30-48, with 27 saves and a 4.47 ERA.

Farnsworth, 32, fills the Royals' need for a power right-hander. He has 738 strikeouts in his 735 career innings.

The Royals had been sifting through right-handed setup possibilities at the Winter Meetings, including Farnsworth, Juan Cruz, Russ Springer and Brandon Lyon.

Dick Kaegel is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 11, 2008 7:50 pm

Royals are gonna regret this

Farnsworth ain't worth shit
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 pm

He'll be good at starting brawls for 'em
The Brawlin' Royals
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
He'll be good at starting brawls for 'em
The Brawlin' Royals

Nod
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 12, 2008 9:01 am

How bout the Royal Brawlers?
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedFri Dec 12, 2008 9:48 am

sure sounds better than the Royals
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Mar 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Farnsworth brings swagger to bullpen
New setup man an intimidating presence leading up to Soria

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Kyle Farnsworth is big and tough-looking and throws the ball like a bullet. Isn't he just the kind of pitcher who could scare batters to death?

"Sometimes," he said, laughing. "I've got to start doing a little bit more of it."

That would come in handy this year as Farnsworth slides into the Royals' bullpen, billed as the guy -- or one of them -- who'll deliver a pending victory to closer Joakim Soria.

"I'm going to do my best and get the ball to Soria," Farnsworth said. "I bring some veteran leadership and try to help the young guys out a little bit. I'll come in and do what I can do."

At 32, he joins his fifth Major League club on his lengthy stat sheet, and he's been in postseason play four times. He began as a starter with the Cubs in 1999 before turning to relieving in his six-year tour at Wrigleyville. He went to Detroit, then Atlanta, then to New York for 2 1/2 years with the Yankees and back to the Tigers for the final two months of 2008.

The Royals, having traded away right-handers Ramon Ramirez and Leo Nunez, needed some new firepower and gave free-agent Farnsworth a two-year, $9.25-million contract with a club option for 2011.

Naturally, around Kansas City, the immediate recollection of Farnsworth was in the notorious 2005 dustup at Detroit, a little scuffle set off when the Royals' Runelvys Hernandez beaned the Tigers' Carlos Guillen. Farnsworth made an end run around the scrum and body-slammed Royals pitcher Jeremy Affeldt to the turf.

Royals outfielder Shane Costa was right in the midst of the melee and grabbed Farnsworth as he was lifting Affeldt.

"I went down with him. I didn't really tackle him. I grabbed his back and then there were about 30 people on top of us," Costa said. "I couldn't move. I got up and my head was bleeding from the dirt."

Farnsworth dismissed the incident.

"It's just one of those things that happens in the heat of the moment," Farnsworth said. "No hard feelings at all".

Farnsworth had practice at this rasslin' stuff. In 2003 when he was with the Cubs, he grappled with Reds pitcher Paul Wilson in a fabled match at Cincinnati.

"That was the first," Farnsworth said. "That was a little bit more intense."

Before 2005 was over, the Tigers dealt Farnsworth to Atlanta for two pitchers (including current Royals' hurler Roman Colon) and he became the Braves' closer, getting nine saves with a 1.98 ERA.

"He had electric stuff and he was really, really successful," recalled Royals pitcher Kyle Davies, then with the Braves. "We didn't have a closer when we traded for him and he sealed down that job the last two months of the season and pretty much got us in the playoffs that year."

The next year, 2006, he signed as a free agent with the Yankees and had a bittersweet stay. He had some success and fond memories.

"It was definitely fun. I had a good time over there and I'm thankful for the opportunities they gave me. I got a chance to play in the Stadium, met a bunch of great guys and it was a great time," he said.

But sometimes the fans booed him unmercifully.

"They get on anybody if you don't go out and produce. That's what they want -- they want production," Farnsworth said. "You go out there and try to do your job -- at times I did, at times I didn't. They have the right to do it -- nothing against them. They just want to win so bad."

Farnsworth was traded back to the Tigers for catcher Pudge Rodriguez last July 30 but struggled and looked for a new team. He took the Royals' offer during the Winter Meetings.

"He throws hard, he comes after you, he's not going to back down against you," the Royals' David DeJesus said. "He's a competitor and that's the kind of guy you want on your team. He's a big dude, as you can see, so if he can come in and maybe get in the hitters' heads ... that's what we need him to do."

Royals newcomer Coco Crisp, while with Boston, saw Farnsworth during the Red Sox-Yankees wars.

"He has a live, heavy fastball that can kind of sneak up on you if you don't stay ready for it," Crisp said. "He has some other pitches. but if you focus on those, you're not going to catch up to that fastball. He has an intimidation factor about him on the mound as well, which makes it tough sometimes to get in the box against him."

Royals manager Trey Hillman said pitching coach Bob McClure is working with Farnsworth to improve his command which the pitcher concedes is "not like pinpoint control." But Farnsworth contends he's got a pretty good idea where the ball is going. Wherever it goes, it usually gets there in a hurry.

"I'm definitely not a finesse pitcher so I'm definitely going to come after 'em," he said.

Farnsworth did have a problem with home runs last year, giving up 15, the most in any season since he's become a reliever.

"It's just a matter of being able to locate that stuff down in the zone better than he has and more consistently than he was when he was giving up more home runs," Hillman said. "He has room for error with our ballpark."

Farnsworth has been watching the Royals from the other side for a while and he's noted some improvement.

"Starting pitching is where it all starts and last year it was night-and-day from what it had been," Farnsworth said. "We always looked forward to coming to Kansas City and whuppin' up on 'em, but now it's a different story."
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Posted: Feb. 14, 2010
Around the horn
Ex-Tiger Kyle Farnsworth will get chance to start for Royals

FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Former Tigers right-hander Kyle Farnsworth, who has started only 26 of his 653 games over 11 seasons, will be given a chance to make the Kansas City Royals' rotation.

Farnsworth, who pitched for the Tigers in 2005 and 2008, signed a two-year, $9.25-million contract before last season and flopped as a setup man for Joakim Soria. In a career-low 37 1/3 innings, he was 1-5 with a 4.58 ERA.

But pitching coach Bob McClure has convinced manager Trey Hillman that Farnsworth -- who also has pitched for the Cubs, Braves and Yankees -- can be an effective starter because he has developed a third pitch (two-seam fastball) to complement a (four-seam) fastball and slider.

"We're going to lengthen him out and see how it goes," McClure said. "What he showed me last year was the ability to back off a little bit and not pitch with his hair on fire. To be a starter, you have to be able to go pitch by pitch."

After Zack Greinke and Gil Meche last year, the rotation struggled with Brian Bannister, Luke Hochever and Kyle Davies.

Farnsworth, 33, will join Robinson Tejada and Philip Humber in trying to grab one of those three spots in spring training.
Back to top Go down
Yanks
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger
Yanks

Male
Number of posts : 107
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Farnsworth
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedTue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 am

I always liked him
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/callmeyanks
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedSat Jul 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Braves land Farnsworth, Ankiel from KC
Blanco, Chavez and prospect Collins shipped to Royals

By Mark Bowman / MLB.com

07/31/10 4:59 PM ET

CINCINNATI -- Braves general manager Frank Wren managed to upgrade his outfield mix and add depth to his bullpen by acquiring outfielder Rick Ankiel, right-handed reliever Kyle Farnsworth and cash considerations from the Royals just before Saturday's non-waiver Trade Deadline.

In exchange for Ankiel and Farnsworth, the Royals will receive outfielder Gregor Blanco, right-handed reliever Jesse Chavez and Minor League left-handed reliever Tim Collins. The Braves had acquired Collins as part of the five-player trade they completed with the Blue Jays on July 14.

Ankiel, who has been bothered most of this season with a strained right quadriceps muscle, has hit .261 with four homers in 27 games with the Royals this year. The 31-year-old former pitcher has hit .367 (11-for-30) with a homer and a .973 OPS since returning from the disabled list July 22.

Farnsworth, who spent the final two months of the 2005 season serving as the Braves' closer, has gone 3-0 with a 2.42 ERA in 37 appearances this year. The 34-year-old right-hander will be utilized to lessen the burden incurred by Peter Moylan, Jonny Venters and 40-year-old right-hander Takashi Saito, who have teamed to serve as Atlanta's primary middle relievers.

Blanco, who was recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett on Saturday, hit .310 with a .394 on-base percentage in the 36 games he played for Atlanta this year. Chavez went 3-2 with a 5.89 ERA in 28 appearances this season.

Collins is a hard-throwing left-hander who could prove to be the most significant part of the package for the Royals. The 20-year-old reliever has posted a 2.29 ERA and recorded 87 strikeouts in the 51 innings he has combined to complete with Double-A New Hampshire and Double-A Mississippi this year.

In another last-minute deadline deal, the Braves acquired Minor League outfielder Wilkin Ramirez from the Tigers in exchange for cash considerations or a player to be named by Nov. 20. Ramirez, who participated in this year's Futures Game, has combined to hit .230 with 19 homers in the 97 games he has played with Double-A Erie and Triple-A Toledo this season.

Mark Bowman is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 am

Kyle Farnsworth (P)
Jan 12 2011, 03:21 pm ET
Bio

The Rays bolstered their bullpen on Wednesday, agreeing to a one-year deal with veteran reliever Kyle Farnsworth, multiple media outlets have reported.

The deal is reportedly for $3.25 million with an option for 2012, ESPN's Buster Olney reported Wednesday. Farnsworth put up strong numbers in the first half of 2010 while pitching for the Royals, but after a midseason trade sent him to Atlanta, the right-hander struggled to a 5.40 ERA with the Braves. Overall, Farnsworth finished the year with a 3.34 ERA in 64 innings, his highest total since '06. That number could have enticed the Rays, who have been looking for some stability in their bullpen after losing several reliable relievers to free agency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker   Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker - Page 3 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Kyle Farnsworth Career Tracker
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3