DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Earthquake hits Los Angeles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Earthquake hits Los Angeles Empty
PostSubject: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 pm

There was a 5.4 magnitude earthquake in Los Angeles today.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Are you OK?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 pm

gs78 wrote:
Are you OK?

Well yeah - I mean it was only a 5.4. I was in class with about 200 people when it happened. A bunch of idiots started screaming and running under tables and stuff. It didn't even make the power go out it was so weak. People act like they've never seen an earthquake before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 8:50 pm

5.4? I heard it was 5.8.. well anywayz once i stepped out of the car the earthquake started..lol.. i saw the car shook and i was like wtf? and then people started running out with their cell phones out
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 9:27 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
Are you OK?

Well yeah - I mean it was only a 5.4. I was in class with about 200 people when it happened. A bunch of idiots started screaming and running under tables and stuff. It didn't even make the power go out it was so weak. People act like they've never seen an earthquake before.

I haven't ashamed
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Sir Paul McCartney wrote:
5.4? I heard it was 5.8.. well anywayz once i stepped out of the car the earthquake started..lol.. i saw the car shook and i was like wtf? and then people started running out with their cell phones out

Maybe 5.8 in Ontario? I just heard 5.4 in LA but I don't know where the epicenter was. Regardless it was kind of cool. They say small earthquakes are good as they prevent large one. I'll take ones like today all the time - preferably when I'm stuck in a boring class.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 9:58 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
Are you OK?

I haven't ashamed

Well you get very few earthquakes in Michigan. The girl sitting next to me was from Missouri and I thought she was going to cry :haha:
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 11:13 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:
Are you OK?

I haven't ashamed

Well you get very few earthquakes in Michigan. The girl sitting next to me was from Missouri and I thought she was going to cry :haha:

Poor thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 11:35 pm

they shut down target cus of it Frown
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Sir Paul McCartney wrote:
they shut down target cus of it Frown

Hey, I've been at Target during an earthquake. The power went out, part of the roof collapses (just the drop ceiling), etc. 2 people died but they were downtown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_minipostedWed Jul 30, 2008 2:02 am

sucks that they died Frown a lady ran out freakin out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits Los Angeles   Earthquake hits Los Angeles Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Earthquake hits Los Angeles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: