DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Empty
PostSubject: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 am

Not to be confused with the 1930 film of the same name.

Jerry Lewis.

The only reason I saw this movie is because I wanted to see a Jerry Lewis film and this was conveniently on TCM. While this isn't a great movie, it does have it's comedic moments. I thought I would like Jerry Lewis and I was right.

The plot was easy to follow and had an unexpected twist in it. The acting was good, if you like Jerry Lewis. While this isn't the most realistic thing that could happen, the comedy oversees it. Overall, I enjoyed it which is all a comedy should do. I wouldn't recommend it though unless you're a huge Jerry Lewis fan.

77/100

Up next: The Apartment starring Jack Lemmon.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 1:17 am

You picked a rare movie clap IMDb.com only has 184 votes for that (did you vote?) which is fewer than anything I have reviewed thus far.

I haven't seen this particular movie but I'll guess you'll like The Apartment if you like comedy and/or Jack Lemmon.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 1:22 am

catbox_9 wrote:
You picked a rare movie clap IMDb.com only has 184 votes for that (did you vote?) which is fewer than anything I have reviewed thus far.

I didn't vote, but I might have to now. Translated, I'll have to give it a 7? scratch :shrug: It looks like I overrated this since they only give it a 4.7. I didn't think it was that bad.

catbox_9 wrote:

I haven't seen this particular movie but I'll guess you'll like The Apartment if you like comedy and/or Jack Lemmon.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll this one better.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 1:29 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I didn't vote, but I might have to now. Translated, I'll have to give it a 7? scratch :shrug: It looks like I overrated this since they only give it a 4.7. I didn't think it was that bad.
Translated that's an 8. I vote on IMDb.com and always divide by 10 and round to the nearest whole number. I also have an account on flixster which requires me to vote on a 5 star scale. You might as well sign up at those places, too so you can review movies all over the place!
Spoiler:

bobrob2004 wrote:

catbox_9 wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll this one better.

I liked it. It won best picture even. I also decided that Jack Lemmon > Walter Matthau.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 3:20 am

If you want a good Jerry Lewis film, see

"The Nutty Professor" - 1969 (better than Eddie Murphys version!)
"At War With the Army" - B&W 1950 with Dean Martin
"Sailor Beware" - (1951). USA. Black and White, with Dean Martin
"The Big Mouth" - 1967
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 10:13 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Hmmm...I haven't seen either version. This one popped out at me though when I was looking through his movies. Is this one of his famous ones?

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
The 2 Martin and Lewis films I was going to try were "The Stooge" and "Your Never Too Young" because they ranked the highest on IMDB. Are these better? What was the most famous Martin and Lewis film?

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

"The Big Mouth" - 1967

I might check this one out.

The next Jerry Lewis film on TCM isn't until 8/27, "Boeing Boeing." rant
Hey, Tony Curtis is in this one (father of Jamie Lee Curtis). Although I see catbox didn't like "Some Like it Hot..." I don't know if I want to see this movie.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 11:52 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Hmmm...I haven't seen either version. This one popped out at me though when I was looking through his movies. Is this one of his famous ones?

YES, ONE OF HIS MOST FAMOUS!

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
The 2 Martin and Lewis films I was going to try were "The Stooge" and "Your Never Too Young" because they ranked the highest on IMDB. Are these better? What was the most famous Martin and Lewis film?

THESE ARE TWO OF THEIR MOST FAMOUS
THE STOOGE AND YOUR NEVER TOO YOUNG ARE GREAT

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

"The Big Mouth" - 1967

I might check this one out.

A MUST!

The next Jerry Lewis film on TCM isn't until 8/27, "Boeing Boeing." rant
Hey, Tony Curtis is in this one (father of Jamie Lee Curtis). Although I see catbox didn't like "Some Like it Hot..." I don't know if I want to see this movie.

A GOOD ONE
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Some Like it Hot is definitely worth seeing if you like comedy. The AFI calls it the greatest American comedy of all-time for a reason.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 3:36 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Some Like it Hot is definitely worth seeing if you like comedy. The AFI calls it the greatest American comedy of all-time for a reason.

Hey, that movie is on TCM this Monday (7/28 at 12:00PM). I'll have to tape it and review it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)   Hook, Line and Sinker (1969) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Hook, Line and Sinker (1969)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: