DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

He deserved this one

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

He deserved this one Empty
PostSubject: He deserved this one   He deserved this one Icon_minipostedTue Jul 15, 2008 10:10 am

Monday, Jul 14, 2008 12:15 pm EDT

Canseco knocked for a loop in boxing debut
By Steve Cofield, Yahoo! Sports

How many times will former athletes get into a boxing ring before they realize the sport is NOT easy? Not every big guy can be a boxer. The 6-foot-4, 248-lb. Jose Canseco, a former baseball slugger who has been at the center of the steroids controversy, found out quickly that you don't mess with someone who has legitimately worked on his fight game.

Former Philadelphia Eagle Vai Sikahema, 45, definitely has skills and showed them while pummeling Canseco in 97 seconds.

Sikahema, a Golden Gloves champ before his football career with more than 80 amateur fights, was giving away seven inches and 43 pounds. The size disadvantage had zero effect on what looked and sounded like a very angry Sikahema:

"He's a very impressive-looking guy. But the guy is a walking corpse, because he's rotted inside out. He's a pathetic figure."

Not only did Canseco (pictured with ex-wife Jessica) insult boxers with this stunt, he actually had the gall before the fight to mention a mixed martial arts career. Canseco, 44, claims that he is a black belt in Kung Fu, Taekwando and Muay Thai:

"I wanted to get involved with MMA (mixed martial arts) and this is first step to it. Let's see what happens, how I do, how the fans like it. I'll have to see. If I go anything further than this I'll have to train a lot more, really take this serious. I really didn't take this serious at all. Hopefully we can have some fun."

Sikahema clearly wasn't on hand to have "fun" and Canseco learned that he'd better get serious if he ever tries it again. He may also want to stay away from Philly opponents:

"He came out here in first-class, (and is) flying home coach. That's how we roll in Philly," Sikahema said.

Canseco told Channel 10 NBC in Philly that he'd like to fight Sikahema again. If Sikahema won't do it, there's a line five miles long willing to challenge the former MLB slugger the next time around, according to Bernard Fernandez of the Philadelphia Daily News:

(Fight promoter Damon) Feldman said he has received nearly 2,000 e-mails from people who'd like a shot at Canseco, including, he claimed, third-party representatives professing to represent former champions Mike Rossman, Ray Mercer and Bobby Czyz. Canseco wisely has said he'd prefer not to mix it up with real pro fighters, at least not initially.

Canseco went through this public humiliation for just $35,000. Better yet, Canseco may have fought for free. He owes his former lawyer Robert Saunooke $342,000 in overdue legal fees. Saunooke, who said he would double Sikahema's winnings, actually played football at BYU in 1988 shortly after Sikahema ('80-'85).

Sikahema will donate $5,000 of his $25,000 purse to the widow of a Philadelphia police sergeant who was killed in the line of duty earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: He deserved this one   He deserved this one Icon_minipostedTue Jul 15, 2008 10:13 am

Hahaha
stupid old man, baseball players arent meant to box dumbshit.
I bet I knock his ass out.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: He deserved this one   He deserved this one Icon_minipostedTue Jul 15, 2008 10:51 am

Quote :
(Fight promoter Damon) Feldman said he has
received nearly 2,000 e-mails from people who'd like a shot at Canseco
including, he claimed, third-party representatives professing to
represent former champions Mike Rossman, Ray Mercer and Bobby Czyz.
Canseco wisely has said he'd prefer not to mix it up with real pro
fighters, at least not initially.

Go at him guys, show him he is not the Censored he thinks he is!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: He deserved this one   He deserved this one Icon_minipostedTue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 pm

I can't believe Sikahema knocked him out in 97 seconds

He is a lot smaller and a year older than Jose. Neither Man should be in a Boxing Ring!

Was this Amateur Boxing? or a Pro Fight?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: He deserved this one   He deserved this one Icon_minipostedTue Jul 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Maybe George Foreman could fight Jose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He deserved this one   He deserved this one Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

He deserved this one
Page 1 of 1