DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Notorious (1946)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Notorious (1946) Empty
PostSubject: Notorious (1946)   Notorious (1946) Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 5:27 am

This film, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, tells the story of a woman (Ingrid Bergman) whose father was a Nazi spy. She is hired by Cary Grant's character to go to Rio de Janeiro to spy on some Nazis who were friends with her father. The plot here is very slow at first and frankly it wasn't all that interesting. It kind of had a love story in there which was tolerable but not a whole lot happened save a reasonably dramatic scene at a party. The last half hour of the film picked up quite a bit and that saved the film. This film makes use of a MacGuffin, some uranium in this case, which is a hallmark of several Hitchcock films most notably in North By Northwest (the microfilm).

Starring Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman, one would expect good acting. The two do a rather good job and their love affair seems believable. In a supporting role Claude Rains does a good job as well.

Overall, this is probably ever-so-slightly better than Spellbound but still just a mediocre effort. This film is generally regarded as one of Hitchcock's better films, probably one of his ten best, and I suppose that's reasonable. So far I would say this is worse than at least 8 other Hitchcock films I've seen but still watchable. Unfortunately this film, like Rebecca, Spellbound, and The Paradine Case is out of print (the first 3 were all released by Criterion) and a copy will run between $40-100+ depending on the condition.

72/100
C-

UP NEXT: Either Ben-Hur, Witness for the Prosecution, or something else while I'm at home for the weekend.
Back to top Go down

Notorious (1946)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: