DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Chad Durbin Career Tracker

Go down 
+13
Ohios#1TigerFan
Poly14
TigerLily
GoGetEmTigers
laprimamirala
iluvpudge7
bobrob2004
mrsrabelo
Lo_x15
catbox_9
SoulRat
tigersaint
gs78
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 27, 2008 6:29 pm

GO DURBIN!

But I hope the Rays win the next two

I want to see the WS go seven

And Durbin pitches in that game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 2:57 pm

...Well, that's not how I imagined last night.

Today will be the day, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 pm

Hopefully they get the game in
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 9:29 pm

NO GAME TODAY, IT WILL HOPEFULLY BE TOMORROW.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 9:41 pm

They postponed it

Why?

Not raining in Philly
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Windy

But Cloudy at 8:30 pm
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Bud Selig strikes again
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 pm

The field is not in great shape and it was cold. They expect the field to be in great shape by tomorrow. still think a day game is better weather wise! But money talks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedWed Oct 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Smile

I can't get the smile off my face...oh well!!

Big Smile

PARTY!
YAY!
Yay2

He's a World Champion!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedSat Jan 24, 2009 11:12 am

An Interview with Chad Durbin, Phillies RP

Posted in January 21st, 2009

by Peter Schiller in Baseball, Interview

Click title to read interview
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Mar 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Go Durbin
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedThu Mar 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Lidge, Feliz, Durbin enjoy '09 debuts
Phillies closer, third baseman, reliever take part in scrimmage

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Pedro Feliz stepped into the batter's box for his first at-bat this spring and teammate Chan Ho Park promptly hit him with a pitch.

Feliz acted like he was going to charge Park, but he reconsidered.

"He might know karate," Feliz joked afterward.

A handful of Phillies regulars scrimmaged against some Minor Leaguers on Wednesday afternoon at the Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex, which sits across the street from Bright House Field. Feliz, who went 1-for-2 and was hit by a pitch, made his spring debut. So did closer Brad Lidge and right-hander Chad Durbin. Catcher Chris Coste, who homered off Park in the third inning of the five-inning game, also got some at-bats after missing most of the Grapefruit League schedule because of a tight right hamstring.

Park, who has been healthy and pitching since the beginning of spring, allowed two hits and one run in three innings. He struck out three and hit two. Brett Myers, who also has been healthy, allowed two hits and struck out seven in five-plus innings. (He faced a couple of extra batters after he retired the side in the fifth.)

Lidge, who has come along slowly because he had some tightness in his right forearm, allowed a home run to J.J. Furmaniak in the fifth. He also struck out Feliz.

"I felt good," Lidge said. "I actually felt a little better than I thought I would feel. I think the slider was better than it usually is this time of year. My fastball didn't feel great, so I'll definitely have to work on that location. That's pretty standard for me in Spring Training."

Take the pitch to Furmaniak. Lidge was supposed to throw his two-seam fastball down and in, but it went up and over the plate.

"I missed the location by a good couple feet," Lidge said.

Durbin, who hadn't pitched because of a strained right hamstring, allowed two hits and one run in one inning. He struck out one.

"I was hoping to have to cover a bag or back up a bag, and I had to," Durbin said. "I was real pleased. I didn't feel anything."

Feliz, who is recovering from surgery on his lower back in November, said his back feels fine. He said it bothered him the most last season when he was playing in the field. He said he felt no discomfort when he fielded the two balls to hit to him.

Feliz said he expects to be in the Phillies' Opening Day lineup April 5.

Manager Charlie Manuel said second baseman Chase Utley, making progress as he comes back from hip surgery, could play in a Grapefruit League game sometime next week.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedThu Apr 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Update:

Durbin has a 7.11 ERA in 6 1/3 IP this year with the Phillies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 02, 2009 3:08 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
Update:

Durbin has a 7.11 ERA in 6 1/3 IP this year with the Phillies.

Durbin now has a 4.50 ERA in 26.0 IP.
He's 1-1 in 25 appearances.
Back to top Go down
grandyporcfan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
grandyporcfan

Female
Number of posts : 27
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander, Brandon Inge, Rick Porcello, Ryan Perry, and Bobby Seay
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedFri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/baseball/story/1432921.html

Phillies, Durbin avoid arbitration

BY SPORTS NETWORK
THE SPORTS NETWORK

The Philadelphia Phillies and right- handed pitcher Chad Durbin agreed to a one-year, $2.125 million contract, avoiding salary arbitration, according to the team's Web site.

In 59 appearances last season, Durbin went 2-2 with a 4.39 ERA.

The righty was originally selected by the Kansas City Royals in the third round of the June 1996 draft. Durbin is 32-43 with four saves and a 5.19 ERA in 244 games (75 starts) for the Royals (1999-2002), Cleveland Indians (2003-04), Arizona Diamondbacks (2004), Detroit Tigers (2006-07) and Phillies (2008-09).
Back to top Go down
grandyporcfan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
grandyporcfan

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander, Brandon Inge, Rick Porcello, Ryan Perry, and Bobby Seay

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedMon May 10, 2010 12:59 am

2010 Stats in 12 appearances:

0-0
ERA: 1.76
IP: 15.2
8 Hits
3 R/ER
0 HR
2 HB
5 BB
14 K
Opp. Average- .134
WHIP- 0.34

Last edited by grandyporcfan on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
grandyporcfan
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
grandyporcfan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedThu Jun 03, 2010 12:28 pm

2010 Stats in 22 appearances:

0-1
ERA: 3.16
IP: 25.1
7 Holds
18 Hits
9 R/ER
2 HR
3 HB
10 BB
24 K
Opp. Average- .196
WHIP- 1.06
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Durbin likely bound for short DL stint

By Todd Zolecki / MLB.com

06/24/10 12:05 AM ET

PHILADELPHIA -- Chad Durbin walked to his locker late Wednesday night at Citizens Bank Park with a sly grin on his face.

He had strained his right hamstring in the ninth inning of a 7-6 victory over Cleveland, but he said it isn't as bad as Phillies manager Charlie Manuel made it sound during his postgame press conference. Manuel said, "He blew out a hammy. I would say it's pretty serious. He definitely popped it."

Durbin said while he expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday, a team doctor said it probably is a Grade 1 strain. Durbin said the typical recovery timetable is 10 to 14 days, although recovery could take three weeks.

The Phillies are hoping it doesn't take longer than 15 days, because they don't have much pitching depth in the bullpen. Phillies right-hander Ryan Madson and left-hander Antonio Bastardo are already on the 15-day disabled list.

"It's a little better than what Charlie said," Durbin said. "That scared me. He was just in the dramatic mood because of the home run," referring to Jimmy Rollins' game-winning home run in the ninth inning.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedMon Oct 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Phillies face decisions on Werth, others
With over $145 million committed to 16 players, changes loom
By Todd Zolecki / MLB.com | 10/24/10 7:25 PM ET

PHILADELPHIA -- Chad Durbin embraced every moment he could during the final few months of the 2010 season.

He has enjoyed his time in Philadelphia.

He wants to come back.

But Durbin knows he might not be back in 2011. He is a free agent, and he is not the only one. The Phillies have six potential free agents this offseason: Jose Contreras, Durbin, Jamie Moyer, J.C. Romero (if the 2011 club option is not exercised), Mike Sweeney and Jayson Werth.

"I've really taken my time with the guys," said Durbin, who has been with Philadelphia since 2008. "I gave my wife some crap on the plane the last couple times: 'I'm not going to hang out with you. I'll hang out with you the whole offseason. I'm going to hang out with the guys, and talk with them and visit with them -- because you just never know.' Baseball is baseball. This is a special clubhouse."

Werth leads the group of free agents. The Phillies and Werth are expected to say the right things in the coming weeks. The club is going to say it would love to bring back Werth, which is true. And Werth is going to say he wants to come back, which also is true.

But the reality is different. The Phils already have more than $145 million committed to 16 players in 2011, and Werth is going to be one of the top free agents on the market.

Outfielder Jason Bay received a four-year, $66 million contract from the New York Mets last winter. Werth should command more.

Bay hit .267 with a .362 on-base percentage and a .493 slugging percentage in the three seasons leading up to free agency. Werth hit .279 with a .376 on-base percentage and a .513 slugging percentage. The numbers show Werth is a better hitter than Bay. He is also a better fielder and baserunner. And there seems to be little doubt Scott Boras, who is Werth's agent, will be seeking the big-time deal Werth has waited his entire career for.

Werth's absence would create a huge hole in Philadelphia's lineup. Werth's .921 OPS ranked best on the team. Ryan Howard (.859) and Carlos Ruiz (.847) finished second and third, respectively.

Werth hit just .150 (17-for-113) with runners in scoring position through the first five-plus months of the season. But it is probably not a coincidence that once he switched agents and relaxed a little bit, he hit .333 (9-for-27) with runners in scoring position from Sept. 6 through the end of the regular season.

Werth is the guy every Phillies fan will follow in the coming weeks, although the end result seems certain. But there are others worth watching, too.

Durbin, Contreras and Romero have been important pieces in the bullpen: Romero since 2007, Durbin since 2008 and Contreras this season. It is unlikely Philadelphia will pick up Romero's $4.5 million club option, because they are expected to rely next season on left-hander Antonio Bastardo. Romero went 1-0 with a 3.38 ERA the last two seasons, but he also has missed time with injuries and has walked more hitters (42) than he has struck out (40).

The Phillies would like to bring back Contreras, but he has raised his stock. He went 6-4 with a 3.34 ERA and four saves this season. Philadelphia could find itself in a similar situation as last offseason with Chan Ho Park. Park pitched well in 2009 and tried to get a bigger contract than the Phils wanted to pay. Park ended up signing with the New York Yankees for less money than Philadelphia offered, but the point is, Contreras could be a tough sign. One thing that could help the Phillies? Contreras' relationship with Danys Baez, who is signed for next season. Contreras and Baez are Cuban and very good friends.

Durbin is an interesting case. He went 4-1 with a 3.80 ERA this season. He has been steady and reliable, and the Phils could use him. But this could be his only opportunity to land a multiyear contract as an established reliever.

How much will Philadelphia want to spend on Durbin?

Would Durbin take less money from the Phillies to stay?

"My gut says it's 50-50," Durbin said.

Moyer, who will turn 48 next month, is unlikely to return, unless Philadelphia brings him back on a Minor League deal. He is coming off a left elbow injury that forced him to miss the final two months of the season and the entire postseason. It is also fair to wonder if the relationship between Moyer and management is strained after he criticized Phillies president David Montgomery and general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. in 2009, when the club moved him into the bullpen to make room for Pedro Martinez.

Sweeney was a nice clubhouse addition, but he seems unlikely to return. The Phils like bench players with versatility -- and with Howard expected to play almost every day at first base, Sweeney would only be able to pinch-hit.

Philadelphia also has three players eligible for salary arbitration: Greg Dobbs, Ben Francisco and Kyle Kendrick.

It seems unlikely the Phillies would tender Dobbs a contract. His production has dropped considerably the past two seasons. Francisco is very likely to return and could see considerable playing time in right field next season -- especially if Philadelphia decides to stay in-house and use him and perhaps rookie outfielder Domonic Brown in a platoon situation.

Kendrick went 11-10 with a 4.73 ERA in 33 appearances (31 starts) this season. He is due a significant raise, if offered arbitration. If the Phillies do not want to take the risk of paying Kendrick more money than they feel is appropriate, they could non-tender him and sign him back at a lesser salary.

Todd Zolecki is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Reliever Durbin, Tribe seal one-year deal
By Jordan Bastian / MLB.com | 03/01/11 6:36 PM ET

GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- There was no name plate above his locker and a Phillies equipment bag jammed inside, but the Indians shirt Chad Durbin was wearing indicated that he had finally joined Cleveland's bullpen.

Durbin settled into his new surroundings on Tuesday, making his way around the clubhouse to visit with his teammates -- some familiar and others not. His deal with the Tribe had been reported for much of the past week, but only now is the right-hander officially aboard.

"I knew there was a way to make a little bit of a splash or impact here," Durbin said.

That is certainly Cleveland's hope.

The Indians added Durbin to the mix on a one-year deal worth $800,000, offering $1 million in incentives as part of the contract. Durbin provides a veteran arm to the Tribe's youthful pitching staff and can adapt to a variety of different roles. He can also help the Indians avoid forcing some young prospects to the Majors before they are ready.

"He brings a versatile, experienced Major League reliever," Indians general manager Chris Antonetti said. "[He] should provide some stability and leadership out there. He's been on some championship-caliber teams with Philadelphia and managed the pressure of that environment and hopefully can be an important part of our bullpen."

The Indians need to make a subsequent transaction in order to vacate a spot on the 40-man roster for Durbin. The ballclub will likely announce that move on Wednesday.

For the past three years, Durbin worked out of Philadelphia's bullpen, helping the club during its run to two of the past three World Series. The 33-year-old right-hander became a free agent this winter, but still held out hope that the Phillies would come calling with a Major League contract offer.

When the Phillies reeled in marquee free agent Cliff Lee -- assembling an intimidating, and expensive, rotation that also includes Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels -- Durbin could see the writing on the wall. The chances of Philadelphia coming through with a guaranteed contract were slim.

"When Cliff signed," Durbin said, "it took any ability to go back there on a Major League deal off the table."

Durbin then smiled.

"You know," he added, "I'd take Cliff Lee over Chad Durbin."

Durbin still thought a Major League contract would be out there.

In all, Durbin said his agent had discussions with 22 teams. As the offseason dragged into February, the Phillies, Red Sox, Rays, Rangers and Mariners were all tied to the pitcher in various reports. Some clubs promised a Major League contract, but no official offers came in.

By the time big league camps opened, Durbin knew he had to make a decision.

"Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to be honest with you," Durbin said. "The way it shook out, it was mid February and then it was late February. It's time to go play baseball. The teams that we were dealing with at the end were all saying, 'If you give us another day or two, we'll find the big league deal.'

"We said, 'It's too late.' We needed it now and that was definitely an edge for Cleveland. But the opportunity here is fantastic as well."

Durbin also pitched for Cleveland for parts of the 2003 and '04 seasons, so being familiar with Antonetti and team president Mark Shapiro certainly helped. The opportunity Durbin referred to, however, was the chance to join a relief corps that posted a 2.95 ERA in the second half a year ago.

The bullpen is anchored by closer Chris Perez and has solid left-handed setup options in Rafael Perez and Tony Sipp. Joe Smith and Jensen Lewis are front-runners to join Durbin as right-handed relievers out of the bullpen. There are a variety of arms in the mix for the final spot in the 'pen this spring.

"These guys don't need much help with the way they were in the second half last year," Durbin said. "So I'm just adding a piece with some experience, maybe slow them down when they're speeding up too much and help them out with understanding what it's like to do it over a full year."

Last season, Durbin went 4-1 with a 3.80 ERA in 64 games for the Phillies, compiling 63 strikeouts against 27 walks over 68 2/3 innings. In 308 career games (75 starts), he is 36-44 with a 5.05 ERA. His style of pitching has changed dramatically since he last pitched for the Tribe, though.

Back then, when Durbin was returning from Tommy John ligament-replacement surgery on his right elbow, he threw mostly four-seam fastballs, changeups and a curve. Now, Durbin relies heavily on a cutter and a sinker, adding another ground-ball-oriented pitcher to Cleveland's staff.

"Adding the cutter has been something that's allowed him to be a little bit more effective," Antonetti said. "That's the biggest difference for him now than when we had him."

Antonetti said it would likely be at least a week before Durbin makes his Cactus League debut with the Tribe. Over the past couple of weeks, Durbin has been throwing and working out, but not to the same degree that he could have in a big league camp.

Durbin said he was even heading to a local high school in his hometown of Baton Rouge, La., to get some work in.

"I did whatever I could," Durbin said.

Needless to say, having a name plate was the least of his concerns.

Durbin was simply thrilled to finally be in camp.

"There was a sense of urgency to get something done," Durbin said. "Making a decision was important and I feel like we made the right one."

Jordan Bastian is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Major League Bastian, and follow him on Twitter @MLBastian.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chad Durbin Career Tracker   Chad Durbin Career Tracker - Page 34 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Chad Durbin Career Tracker
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34