DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

I need help!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 02, 2008 11:11 pm

Mine and my girlfriends 1 year anny is nearing. And my dilemma is that I dont know what to get her. I already got her a necklace that I know she will like. I want to get her more.

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Diamonds and roses generally work. Chocolate may or may not work depending on her mood at the moment. In general don't buy chocolate because if she's feeling fat at that particular moment you'll be in for quite the angry girlfriend. Don't give her money either - that's not going to make her happy No
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 02, 2008 11:39 pm

Yeah. Money is a no. I was kinda thinking about Chocolates but not really. And I have a necklace but I dont think thats near enough.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 02, 2008 11:45 pm

You could get a teddy bear with a box attached to it that has chocolate and put the necklace in there along with some roses. The chocolate is a little risky but if you combine it with everything it could work out great.
Back to top Go down

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 02, 2008 11:47 pm

Well, you know a whole lot of stuff don't you??!

whistle
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 02, 2008 11:55 pm

I dont know if I want those tips. He may have used that strategy and messed up with it. lol jk jk

I might just try that.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedWed Jul 02, 2008 11:58 pm

Teddy bears are non-threatening gifts and as long as they come with something fancy they're good. She can sleep with the bear in her bed and what not and think "oh look, gdennis59 got me this Love 2 " (or something)
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 12:56 pm

hahaha, I just hope her dad doesnt see all of it. We have been dating for almost a year and he still doesnt know.

Is that bad?
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Speaking of anniversaries. Mine was last week. Neither one of us remembered ashamed AGAIN LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:26 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
hahaha, I just hope her dad doesnt see all of it. We have been dating for almost a year and he still doesnt know.

Is that bad?

I wouldn't say that's bad - probably good. Most fathers don't like people that date their daughters whether they're 10, 15, 25, or 50.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:26 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Speaking of anniversaries. Mine was last week. Neither one of us remembered ashamed AGAIN LMAO

Geez, you're supposed to remember so you can get mad at him for forgetting. Isn't that how every marriage works?

I suppose there's still time to get mad. You can say you remembered but knew he wouldn't so you weren't going to mention anything until he says something. Give him some super fancy gift but say "since you didn't remember, I'm taking this back" and watch that joyful expression disappear from his face.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:30 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

Geez, you're supposed to remember so you can get mad at him for forgetting. Isn't that how every marriage works?

I suppose there's still time to get mad. You can say you remembered but knew he wouldn't so you weren't going to mention anything until he says something. Give him some super fancy gift but say "since you didn't remember, I'm taking this back" and watch that joyful expression disappear from his face.

I know huh? I kinda already blew it, he called me from work yesterday and said "Hey, when is our anniversary?" And I just started laughing and said "Uhhhh... oops!" LMAO We suck :haha:
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:32 pm

SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

I know huh? I kinda already blew it, he called me from work yesterday and said "Hey, when is our anniversary?" And I just started laughing and said "Uhhhh... oops!" LMAO We suck :haha:

You didn't blow it. Guys come to expect women to be crazy in these sort of situations. You downplayed his forgetting long enough - now you can punish him whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:35 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:

You didn't blow it. Guys come to expect women to be crazy in these sort of situations. You downplayed his forgetting long enough - now you can punish him whistle

:haha: The really funny thing is this is NOT the first time we have both forgot. Last year we remembered but before that we had both forgot 2 years in a row LMAO We'll go out this weekend and everything will be fine. He's lucky I'm not like normal women though or his behind would be grass Nod
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:41 pm

SoulRat wrote:

He's lucky I'm not like normal women though or his behind would be grass Nod

Ain't that the truth! I mean some women punish their significant other for forgetting even a week before their anniversary. He hasn't even had a chance to forget! Then when he remembers (thanks to her) she punishes him further for remembering only because of her. And if he forgets even after her reminder....well that's when the homicide squad gets involved.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:43 pm

LOL! I know! He will be reminded how lucky he is by not getting mad when my shipment from Joann's comes next week whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Joanns?

Is that jewelry? Chocolate? Or....well, children read this board whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:48 pm

No it's a craft store. I buy all my cross stitch stuff online from there and it's not always cheap whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Oh, that's right. I forgot you were an old lady.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 1:51 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Oh, that's right. I forgot you were an old lady.

Nod
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 2:09 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:

Is that bad?

I wouldn't say that's bad - probably good. Most fathers don't like people that date their daughters whether they're 10, 15, 25, or 50.

Well, shes not really supposed to date until shes 16. Her mom was upset, but now shes ok with it. Her dad scares the shit out of me though.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 2:21 pm

Frame a picture of when you shared a great date, party, concert, whatever....
Sterling silver jewelry is meaningful without breaking the bank. A charm bracelet would be cool.

And yes, respect the dad. He could hurt you.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 2:27 pm

The other thing I thought of that I got my husband for our 10th...
I found a company that will make a picture of the nighttime sky for the date and location that you select, then you add a personalized message underneath the picture. We both are into stargazing so to capture where the stars were on our first date was neat.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Those are very good. I think I may frame a picture. I know I will be getting jewelry and probably a stuffed animal of some sort.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 7:29 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Those are very good. I think I may frame a picture. I know I will be getting jewelry and probably a stuffed animal of some sort.

That's a good gift. This probably goes without saying, but careful what kind of stuffed animal. I mean don't get her a stuffed spider for god's sake! They make stuffed animals that have Velcro pouches to hide stuff in so those are always good. To really get (creative?) you can put the bear in a box to something that would make a terrible gift and wrap that. For example, get the jewelry, stuff it in the bear's Velcro pouch and then put the bear in an empty cereal box and wrap that.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Get her a cute stuffed Tiger! Unless she is an Indian fan!

On clearance: http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2529419&cp=1503844.1840216

I need help! PMLB2-3318837dt

Check http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1840216&cp=1503844 for more specials, including a Tigers disposable camera
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_minipostedFri Jul 04, 2008 5:16 pm

She really doesnt even like baseball, but she still came to a few of my games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help!   I need help! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I need help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: