DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The Paradine Case (1947)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Paradine Case (1947) Empty
PostSubject: The Paradine Case (1947)   The Paradine Case (1947) Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 1:16 am

This Hitchcock film is a courtroom drama starring Gregory Peck amongst others. The movie is about a woman, Mrs. Paradine, whose blind husband has recently been poisoned. She is arrested accused of murdering her husband. Gregory Peck is to be her lawyer. What follows is a bit of courtroom drama mixed with a bit of romance and suspense. The film starts out rather slow and isn't all that exciting until the court scene. The courtroom part of the film is most excellent, but unfortunately only takes up about a third of the film.

The acting, is much like the plot. There's nothing terribly great other than the courtroom scenes with one exception - Mrs. Paradine's character, portrayed by Alida Valli, is very well-acted.

Overall, this is a decent effort, but not one of Hitchcock's best. It was the last film he made under David O. Selznick. It's worth seeing for a Hitchcock fan, but the film isn't quite good enough for me to say it's a must-see for anyone else.

77.5/100
C+

UP NEXT: Either My Fair Lady or Spellbound.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Paradine Case (1947) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paradine Case (1947)   The Paradine Case (1947) Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 1:21 am

Looking at my more recent reviews I think my scores are tending to be too high. 77.5 for this might be too high - The Petrified Forest got a 77.0 and that was a far more interesting movie to watch. Das Boot, while phenomenal, got a 95.5. Is that too high?

I'll try and keep this in mind for future reviews.
Back to top Go down

The Paradine Case (1947)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: