DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Need to talk to someone...

Go down 
+2
gdennis59
TG
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Need to talk to someone... Empty
PostSubject: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 2:55 pm

One of my best friends, who is also my brother's ex-girlfriend, is saying she's going to kill herself because she loves my brother and whatever and she can't take not being with him.

I can't do anything about it and she isn't answering her phone. I'm really worried about her.

Frown
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 3:13 pm

Im here if you need me.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 3:24 pm

Thanks Hug

I'm like freaking out right now... According to my brother last time she went out with someone for more than a month she cut herself... and she went out with my brother for almost a year and is now threatening suicide.
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 3:28 pm

She needs help, she needs to see a therapist asap. Can you call her parents or a sibling? That's scary. Or tell her to at least call the suicide hotline right now.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Wow. Can u go to her house?
Can u have your brother talk to her?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 3:45 pm

I feel bad... I sort of have experience with this but I have no idea how to help you. For a lot of people, talking about suicide is just that: talk. It's a way to get attention when they're hurting. For a lot of others, saying it is one step closer to an actual attempt. If you're really scared and if you're really convinced that she might do something to hurt herself, you could call 911. If not, try calling her parents and keep trying to call her. Being alone at this point isn't healthy for her and she needs to feel like someone's there.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 4:01 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
She needs help, she needs to see a therapist asap. Can you call her parents or a sibling? That's scary. Or tell her to at least call the suicide hotline right now.

Her dad lives about 5 hours away, her mom hates her and is at work, and her sister is on all kinds of drugs and runs away every other day. So her family doesn't help anything.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 4:02 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Wow. Can u go to her house?
Can u have your brother talk to her?

My dad wouldn't let my brother go over there and sense I can't drive I couldn't either. And she wouldn't answer her phone for my brother.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 4:05 pm

TigerLily wrote:
Being alone at this point isn't healthy for her and she needs to feel like someone's there.

I just talked to her on myspace a few minutes ago. One of her friends are over there. She said if she is alone she would kill herself so she needed someone there. And now she is spending a few days at her friend's house, and then going to Saginaw with her friend to see her Dad (because that's where her dad lives).

I hope everything turns out okay. Frown
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 4:36 pm

TigersGirl wrote:
TigerLily wrote:
Being alone at this point isn't healthy for her and she needs to feel like someone's there.

I just talked to her on myspace a few minutes ago. One of her friends are over there. She said if she is alone she would kill herself so she needed someone there. And now she is spending a few days at her friend's house, and then going to Saginaw with her friend to see her Dad (because that's where her dad lives).

I hope everything turns out okay. Frown

I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. If the breakup is really taking this much of a toll on her she should consider seeing a counselor or therapist (but this has to be her choice). She's also being smart, recognizing her own boundaries (by realizing that she needs someone around), which is a good sign.

Hug It'll be alright, TG.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 4:44 pm

TigerLily wrote:

I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. If the breakup is really taking this much of a toll on her she should consider seeing a counselor or therapist (but this has to be her choice). She's also being smart, recognizing her own boundaries (by realizing that she needs someone around), which is a good sign.

Hug It'll be alright, TG.

Thanks tigerlily. She is a really good person, and she is only 15. I can't believe she could even consider this. And my brother feels awful... Frown
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Thank you everyone Hug
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Your brother should know that it's not his fault either. Things like this are individual and it's possible that if the breakup hadn't happened, something else could've set this off. It's no one's fault.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 5:09 pm

I guess so. It's just a really upsetting situation,
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 8:26 pm

It sounds like she is alright now. I've been trying to talk to her and distract her from.... well... my brother, and she seems to be doing a bit better
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 8:37 pm

When did they break up?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 9:20 pm

They probably broke up about a month ago. So it's been a while.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 9:36 pm

What is probably hitting her now is, school is out, so she has lots of free time to think.

Did she do lots of things with your brother, when they dated, and school was out?
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 9:39 pm

They were ALWAYS together. Thats how I became friends with her. She was always at my house or he was at hers. The only time when they weren't together was when he was in rowing.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 10:30 pm

That is why it is hitting her hard now. It is best that she go see her father now. Maybe you can talk her into opening up to her father and seeing if he will get her counseling.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 10:33 pm

She doesn't like her dad. He is in his 40s, still lives with his parents, and has all kinds of problems.

He tried to put her sister in counseling but then she ran away.

Alyssa (that is my friend's name) doesn't really have much of a family.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm

Does she have any relatives she gets along with?
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedSun Jun 22, 2008 11:31 pm

I think she gets along with her brother but she doesn't see him much because her mom doesn't like him.

My family was pretty much her second family before they broke up. She is still friends with me, but doesn't talk to the rest of my family anymore.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedMon Jun 23, 2008 8:27 am

I've been typing psych ER reports for more than 3 years now, and pretty much everything said here is true. I apologize for the tardiness, but I just saw this thread.
If the situation still warrants and you feel it is iminent, call 911. The cops will take her to the nearest psych ER for immediate evaluation, and she will most likely be hospitalized from there.
It is scary, and you may feel like you are interefering, but better to err on the side of caution. Depending on the impusivity of the patient, an attempt can sometimes be successful.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedMon Jun 23, 2008 8:30 am

My dad wouldn't let my brother or I do anything. Her friend went over there, and he just said to wait.

Right now it seems like she is going to be alright, because her friend will keep her busy, but she is going to Saginaw Wednesday, and will be back Saturday. Hopefully by then she is okay, She told me she wants me to hang out with her right after she gets back.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedMon Jun 23, 2008 8:38 am

As long as she isn't alone--that's the best you can do right now. As you get older, you'll see that breaking up with a significant other is oftentimes the worst thing that a person can go through. It's great that you want to be there for her!
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedMon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 am

It's really horrible though. She is only 15 but she is talking about doing horrible things. And she has cut herself and been through sooo much.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedMon Jun 23, 2008 8:59 am

She definitely needs help. Cutting may relieve tension, but there is a lot more going on inside that she needs to deal with. Counseling and medication can help, but ultimately she needs to find inner strength (what the health professions call "coping skills").
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedMon Jun 23, 2008 10:00 am

Yah. Frown I feel bad for her. But I hope everything turns out okay.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_minipostedTue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 am

News on Alyssa.

When I asked her If she was okay, and how she was doing this is what she told me...

"umm, i will be over a long period of time.
i just need my friends to be there when i need them the most.
and with time all be okay again.
=/ "

Better than yesterday I guess...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk to someone...   Need to talk to someone... Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Need to talk to someone...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: