DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Sheffield news

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Sheffield news Empty
PostSubject: Sheffield news   Sheffield news Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 12:46 am

06/09/2008 9:38 PM ET
Sheffield ready for live pitching
Slugger is recovering from a strained left oblique muscle
By Jason Beck / MLB.com

DETROIT -- Tigers slugger Gary Sheffield has begun taking swings and is set to begin hitting live batting practice as he works his way back from a strained left oblique muscle he suffered May 26 at Anaheim.

Sheffield, who has been on the 15-day disabled list since suffering the injury, said he began swinging on light toss pitches two days ago at less than full strength, and then picked it up on Sunday. He hopes to begin taking live batting practice with the rest of the team on Tuesday.

It isn't a sign that he'll be ready to come off the DL soon, but as he put it: "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And that's what I feel good about."

He's certainly feeling better than last week when he was struggling to move around at all while dealing with the injury.

"I've heard about guys with this injury before, and the way they describe it, it's true," Sheffield said. "You don't want this injury. It's one of those things where it hurts you to do anything. You can't play with your kids. Sitting down, it hurts. Laying down, it hurts. I wouldn't wish this on anybody.

"I thought two days ago that I'd be able to walk out on the field and hit," Sheffield said. "I went in there and I felt good. I got ready like I'm getting game ready, went in there in the cage and took a swing and felt it. As I kept swinging, it started feeling better."

He has felt better with each day. The fact that he's now over the cold bug that went around the team during their West Coast trip helps.

"The worst thing was the sneezing," Sheffield said. "Dealing with those allergies, when you sneeze, it almost paralyzes you."

Jason Beck is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Sheffield news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheffield news   Sheffield news Icon_minipostedThu Jun 12, 2008 1:28 am

I got a Sheffield All Star Shirt Tuesday! Thumb Down
Back to top Go down

Sheffield news
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: