DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Cant Watch the Game Tonight

Go down 
+2
gs78
gdennis59
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Cant Watch the Game Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 4:55 pm

At least not all of it. I have my sister's graduation ceremony to go to, That starts at 7. Then when thats done, Im going to TGI Fridays with the fam. Grandma and Grandpa coming up. Hope I can catch some of it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:03 pm

We have a chance of severe weather, including a Tornado Watch

A Delay is possible
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:07 pm

That would be nice.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:14 pm

But now I need to find some dress socks, shave, put cologne on, stuff like that. Might be on before I leave.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:25 pm

You have to get dressed up for that? That sucks. I think my sister's boyfriend (who might as well be my brother - he's lived with us for 4 years since they were both 15) wore jeans and a t-shirt to mine. I think that's all I wore, too (and that stupid cap and gown grouch ). Luckily I never have to go to a graduation again. I'll graduate in September but no way in hell am I going to the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:28 pm

Yeah, my family take pride in things like this. At least, me, my mom, my sister, and her boyfriend does a little bit. But everyone else thinks its a joke.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:30 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Yeah, my family take pride in things like this. At least, me, my mom, my sister, and her boyfriend does a little bit. But everyone else thinks its a joke.

I thought mine was a joke whistle I just don't get the point of those ceremonies. They're so long and boring. Mine was especially dull as I was the very first name read off at my school's graduation. The only exciting part was when it was over and I never had to go back to that school again...in fact I've still never been back.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:33 pm

LMAO I go back to all of my old schools. I like talking to the teachers and stuff.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:36 pm

I don't have a problem with the teachers or whatever but I'm not going to go back and talk. I wouldn't mind a short conversation with my 11th and 12th grade Spanish teacher since I went to Spain after graduating and she lived in Spain for 20 some years.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:41 pm

Ah. I guess I just have no life enough to do that.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 5:51 pm

LOL. It's been 3 years since I graduated (well it'll be 3 years on Monday) so it's probably too late now.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Haha, maybe not too late. But just a little late...
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 7:57 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
You have to get dressed up for that? That sucks. I think my sister's boyfriend (who might as well be my brother - he's lived with us for 4 years since they were both 15) wore jeans and a t-shirt to mine. I think that's all I wore, too (and that stupid cap and gown grouch ). Luckily I never have to go to a graduation again. I'll graduate in September but no way in hell am I going to the ceremony.

I skipped my two college graduations! The class was so big all that they did was have everyone in your degree program stand up at the same time. They then mail your deploma to you, so I did not go (and spend all that wasted money on cap and gown!) I would not have gone to my HS one if I could have gotten out of it!

My grad degree one, I had to go since I was also teaching Undergrad and all teachers were required to go as per contract!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 8:19 pm

I skipped one college graduation. Did my B.A. and M.A. ceremonies though.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedFri Jun 06, 2008 10:48 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

I skipped my two college graduations! The class was so big all that they did was have everyone in your degree program stand up at the same time. They then mail your deploma to you, so I did not go (and spend all that wasted money on cap and gown!) I would not have gone to my HS one if I could have gotten out of it!

My grad degree one, I had to go since I was also teaching Undergrad and all teachers were required to go as per contract!

clap You sound just like me! My graduating class at UCLA is going to be about 10,000 students or something insane like that so why bother? There's a separate one later just for my major but psychology is the most popular major at the school so there's tons of people there, too. They only give you 2 tickets for the main graduation so there's no way I'm going. What's stupid is I can't have the tickets and give them to someone else.

I tried hard to get out of my HS one but my mom wouldn't allow it. My dad said I could skip but not my mom. The last week of school was all graduation stuff - there was a senior breakfast at like 8AM (mandatory to graduate), a senior party thing the next morning (mandatory to graduate), a rehearsal the next morning (mandatory to graduate) and the graduation the next day. What pissed me off is nobody showed up for anything on time and we had to sit around forever waiting each time. My graduation ceremony was delayed over an hour waiting for 2 stupid students. I kind of feel bad about that last comment as one of them died that summer while driving drunk.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedSat Jun 07, 2008 12:51 am

Well, I got to see some of the game at T.G.I. Fridays, which was the only good thing there. My grandparents had to leave early, because my grandpa is diabetic and had to eat something. We waited about 25 minutes before that happened and about 40 total. the food sucked. but I did get to see Jonesy pitch! =]
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedSat Jun 07, 2008 1:59 am

I skipped mine too
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedSat Jun 07, 2008 1:34 pm

I wont be skipping mine. When I watched hers it seemed like a lot of fun, and I dont wanna miss that.
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedSat Jun 07, 2008 3:15 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
I wont be skipping mine. When I watched hers it seemed like a lot of fun, and I dont wanna miss that.

Yeah, definitely don't skip HS graduation!!! You put in 13 years of work by then and it's the end of one part of your life and the beginning of another!!! Besides, you've probably known most of those people your whole life.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedSat Jun 07, 2008 3:18 pm

yeah, HS was one I would not have missed!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedSun Jun 08, 2008 2:00 am

I was too hungover for my HS Graduation!

And as for College Graduation, I could give a rats ass

I got both via the US Mail!

Worked for me
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_minipostedSun Jun 08, 2008 3:04 am

gs78 wrote:
I was too hungover for my HS Graduation!

And as for College Graduation, I could give a rats ass

I got both via the US Mail!

Worked for me

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant Watch the Game Tonight   Cant Watch the Game Tonight Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Cant Watch the Game Tonight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: